Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CAN WE PLEASE SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 4:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO Joffa does a bl**dy wonderful job tending to his flock!

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
jamjar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 4:48 pm

It was pretty devastating to sit through the game yesterday, we are all upset and disappointed, I almost felt the urge to turn Richmond fan and vent my anger at the players, - but I don't want to be that sort of supporter. I think Rohan's negativity is getting ridiculous, it certainly doesn't help, if you have so little respect for fellow Magpie supporters, why bother with this site? Is it maybe a case of feeling envious that despite your name, Joffa commands more respect amongst the Magpie army than you do?

Jarrod - My football God

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 5:44 pm

Well said Jamjar......Hurray for Joffa!!!
Rohan....you are a whimp...

BE LOUD....BE PROUD

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:31 am

I'd rather be a happy optimistic supporter who loves my football and my club, than live life being constantly pessimistic and negative. Rohan, I just hope you aren't as pessimistic about life as you are about football, because life's way too short not to enjoy every second of it.

Baa Baa Baa!

GO PIES!

Marg

biodave 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 4:15 am

Due to school, most of my barracking this year has been done next to the radio. However, I decided to venture to the MCG last Sat in the hope of seeing our Magpies win and to meet Joffa. Unfortunately, neither came to avail. The end result obviously hurt, but that could not dampen my day. I was just thrilled to see the team play. Joffa summarised it perfectly, "yesterday was one of them days nothing went right."

Very Sorry Joffa, I was in the Northern Stand with my reserve ticket. I could see the Cheer Squad directly opposite and it was virtually impossible to reach you guys. As usual, the CS did a magnificent job. It was sheer joy seeing the pom poms go up everytime we scored a major. Hopefully, we'll meet next year, huh?

Go Pies! Let's end the year on a high and thump the Kangaroos.

Malklas 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:04 am

BAA ! BAA ! BAA !

Go Pie Pride....join in and everyones a winner.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:03 am

I am dissapointed - bitterly dissapointed.

I'm not sick of football. I'm sick of loosing. I am especially sick of loosing to Carlton!

We have 1 game to go. Lets show that we are the best side out of the 8. Lets then recruit, build and improve. Then next year we won't be sick of footy until the hangover wears off 3 months after the GF.

GO PIES!!!!!!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:36 am

I am so depressed about the carlscum loss, instead of talking about footy, I'm going to review a restaurant I went to last week:

at long last, I had dinner at Est Est Est, last week....would have to be my dining highlight of 2001 so far! here are my impressions. Est is located on a quiet stretch of clarendon street, in south melbourne. the discreet shop front entrance is devoid of signage so the restaurant can be a little difficult to find from the street. you enter into a foyer section where you are greeted by a wooden bar. the dining section is long and narrow, with tables hugging the walls, and floor to ceiling windows that look out onto clarendon. walls are pastel coloured and very minimalist, to the point of austerity. linen draped tables have the usual quality table appointments. comfortable red high-backed chairs. soft jazzy soundtrack in the background. Crowd is mixed, from regulars who were greeted warmly by the be-suited sommelier, to a group of elegant, 20-something Japanese ladies who chatted enthusiastically in nihongo whilst musing over the merits of their roast saddle of hare.

I would describe the food as modern british cuisine, using French techniques, i.e. heaps of reduction, slow cooking, etc. chef is Donovan Cooke, an apt name given his skills. Pastry chef is his wife Phillipa Sibley-Cooke. smallish menu, featuring lots of game and seafood dishes - their specialities – including things like hare, duck, murray cod, snapper, etc. very pricey – mains start from $30. wine list is extensive. Started off with a glass of Piper Heidseik champagne. For entrée, I had a terrine of game, with a pile of julienned cress salad and a dollop of tangy fruit chutney (forgot what fruit), served with a slice of toasted bread. The rich terrine was delicious, with the centre a puck that tasted of the finest pate. went superbly with the crunchey bread. Partner had grilled scallops in a darkish sauce, and I was assured that it was good. Shared a bottle of superb Freycinet Chadonnay (Mike - a very fine Tassie drop) to accompany the two fish dishes we had ordered for mains. I had the roasted fillets of murray cod, each resting on its individual “saucer” of creamy potato mash, on a bed of slightly wilted enoki (?) mushrooms, with shreds of duck, and swimming in a rich duck jus. Partner had a less busy dish of char grilled snapper fillets, which came as two banquettes of succulent snapper, with skin on, in a slightly spicy and red, capsicum infused (?) sauce, with slivers of capsicum and some yellow vegetable (squash?). murray cod was one of the best fish dishes I’ve ever had – melt in your mouth inside and crispy outside, well matched with the reduced jus, a hearty dish. Snapper was lighter, less rich and more tangy, but was superb as well. There was no turning back and we went for dessert, which included a hard to pronounce German dessert which the waitress kindly explained. I had a crispy “spring roll wafer” engorged with soft vanilla sorbet, on a tangy and slightly warmed strawberry coulis. Partner had a variation of tarte tatin, which again was less busy and was simply served with a dollop of house made ice cream (vanilla?). The wafer was awesome, and phillipa’s legendary reputation with ice creams and sorbets is well and truly justified. Excellent coffee came with a selection of about 6 petit fours, of which you choose one, but believe me, the richness of the predominantly chocolate fours meant that one is enough.

Service throughout was super cool, super professional. It’s a production line – I counted that we were served by 3 different people, all in an unobtrusive manner. Never once did we have to refill our wine or water glasses, napkins were folded when one left the table, bread crumbs swept from tables with crumb sweepers. I didn’t speak French but male waiter nevertheless spoke French to us (although simple enough to understand) which was irritating at first, but we became accustomed to it and I guess it’s in keeping with the place. The credit card took an almighty battering, but that’s because we had 3 courses, glass of champagne and a bottle of wine. It would cost a lot more in some other places. After 5 or so years, I think that Est still remains in the “elite” group of restaurants. If you’ve been – go again. If you haven’t – go.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:59 am

haha nice 1 junkboy...i remember when i used to go see all those manga movies at the valhalla many years ago...ghost in the shell was the last thing i saw..but there having been any big manga releases in years...

pure magic...
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:17 am

Ah, the smell of horseshit is in the air. Okay, JLC, I'll see you at Caulfied the Saturday BEFORE the Caulfied Cup. Good horse day, but less crowd, so it easier to get a drink and get a bet on.

Greg J
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:22 am

greg u can catch me in the members at moonee valley...a trifecta i got earlier this year..saw me able to a legends membership...and i dont think sunline will win the cox plate this year either...

pure magic...
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:29 pm

Well ...

As the fourth cousin, thrice removed, of the butler who once worked for Eddie McGuire's fairy Godmother ... I vote for Joffa.

BAA BAA BAA

**Alf McHale Andrews**

[This message has been edited by AlfAndrews (edited 27 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by AlfAndrews (edited 27 August 2001).]

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:41 pm

Things are looking up. The wheels have fallen off and our fans are talking about the Cox Plate. In recent years, when the wheels have fallen off, we've found ourselves thinking about the Hiskens Steeple. We'll know we've really made it when the spring carnival is half over before we even think about it.

**floreat pica**

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:14 pm

Season aint over yet for me....
I'm off on a 14 hour return trip to Canberra to watch the Maggies play.
I hope we win, as it will seem like a 24 hour trip back if we lose...

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:20 pm

I will always be proud to be a collingwood supporter!!!!!. I'm ready to buy my 2002 membership!!!!!! Onwards and Upwards!!!! We WILL wipe the smiles of ALL the critics some day and i intend to be there when we r crowned CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: