Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CAN WE PLEASE SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:10 am
Post subject: CAN WE PLEASE SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT !Reply with quote

I didnt want to come on here today because at this very moment im sick of football, im sick of losing, im sick of not being able to support our collingwood in the finals.

Just like everyone else i am hurting very badly and to be honest its going to take a while to get over that one.

But at this moment we are still collingwood people,tomorrow we will be collingwood people,next week and next year we will still be collingwood people so lets show a little respect to our club and its players.

We have seen improvement this year and you get the feeling that improvement will keep commimg....yesterday was one of them days nothing went right, but i think its prety gutless to judge our players on yesterday's form, we know our players are better than that.

Please during this moment of great dissapointment lets get behind the club and show some respect.

Its easy to sail a ship in calm seas the true test comes when we the seas have become rough...

Im proud of all collingwood players in collingwood jumpers and im proud of the collingwood football club and RIGHT NOW we gotta support the collingwood footy club.

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM
HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH
AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
AT THE END OF A STORM IS A GOLDEN SKY
AND A SWEET SILVER SONG OF A LARK.

WALK ON THROUGH THE WIND
WALK ON THROUGH THE RAIN

THOUGH YOUR DREAMS BE TOSSED AND BLOWN
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 26 August 2001).]

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts exactly

pure magic...
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:10 am

I couldn't agree more Joffa.

That was really painful yesterday. I'm convinced it hurts more losing to the Blues than any other club and the way they beat us was like someone sticking a knife in my heart and twisting it half a dozen times. I'm sure I was crying tears of blood when the siren finally went.

But we're a much better side than what we showed yesterday. As disappointed as I am today, I have no doubt our guys will be twice as gutted - they knew their season was on the line and that the chance to play finals football after so long has now disappeared again.

But yesterdays result doesn't change how proud I am to be a Collingwood supporter. I still hate losing, I still hate missing out on finals football and I'll never accept us being anything but the best. But I'm still wearing my Collingwood colours with pride today because if we improve next year, as much as we've improved this year, then we have a HUGE 2002 ahead of us.

I still think we have a really important week coming up now. If our guys are serious about being a top 4 contender next year then they need to finish this one on a high. They have to kick the Kangas arses, play their best football and show the other sides just what they're in for when they have to play the Mighty Pies next year. Besides we HAVE to get REVENGE for round 7!

Sometimes football really sucks but I still wouldn't change being a Collingwood supporter for ANYTHING!

GO PIES!

Marg

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:02 am

I'm sick of football too, Joffa. And for me the season is over. I'll be watching the Pies on TV next week. And no doubt I'll take a bit of an interest in Port during the finals.

But at gut level ... where all the passion comes from ... the season is over.

I've had enough. I'm tired. I want a good long rest.

I need a Bex and a good lie down, I reckon.

Oh ... and a nice cuppa tea ! ! !

**floreat pica**

Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:23 am

Joffa, I know what you mean, and yesterday kinda tore my heart out, but what gets me is if you go back to last year, and the year before that and so on and so on, we were talking up the same thing. Next year, the improvement, the kids, we've improved our list, just one of those games etc. It's like living in a constant time freeze, where nothing seems to change.

Christ, it's Groundhog day again.

Pies R Us

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:52 am

Carlton do it year in and year out too us!!!!!!!!!!

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL

[This message has been edited by JLC (edited 26 August 2001).]
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:00 am

Well losing sucks and I must admit half way through the last term my mind was wandering to how Sunline is running at the moment and I think she's looking good to win me more money this spring.

Fradam Wrote This
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:05 am

Sunline wont win the Cox plate this year. Im tipping Northerly at this early stage.

APA

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:20 pm

my mind is now wandering to how much money JLC wont win this spring

Fradam Wrote This
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:26 pm

I never put money on Sunline

Lets see $100 at 1.10 = $110

I never risk $100 to make $10

I will focus my attention and start reading the racing newspapers as i did last year and then watch sky racing. In racing there is no such thing as a " sure thing "

APA

DG 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:35 pm

Well said Joffa, now is the time to look forward, and fortunately I think that is where we are heading, sure we are upset at the moment and we probably should be, yes it was a pretty lack-lustre effort but now we move on. On an earlier post I read that someone questioned the culture of the club, this is where the culture starts from, the supporters, we must be positive and move forward cos if you are looking backwards you generally fall over

Rohan 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:50 pm

Joffa and his sheep.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

tassiepie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:55 pm

ALTHOUGH THE LOSS HURT US ALL WE SHOULD ALL HOLD OUR HEAD UP HIGH.THE CLUB PUT IN A GREAT PERFORMANCE THIS YEAR DONT KNOCK THEM,GET BEHIND THEM AND STAY THERE.OUR TIME WILL COME VERY SOON AND THE PLAYERS THIS YEAR GAINED A LOT OF RESPECT.WELL DONE BOYS AND ALL THE SUPPORTERS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED THEM THROUGH THICK AND THIN THIS YEAR.AND TO THE CHEER SQUAD A GREAT EFFORT THIS YEAR TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.
GO THE PIES

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:26 pm

Rohan, I considered deleting your post, it's a throw away line that borders on abusive and adds absolutely nothing.

But then I thought again and decided that if you want to make a fool of yourself in public, then I shouldn't stand in your way.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 4:23 pm

To Rohan;

BAA ! BAA ! BAA !

I'm a happy little sheep.

-Craig

FAITH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: