Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David Hicks is officially a Pom!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David from Canberra wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
He's the token whitey the Yanks need to fend off claims that they are anti arab.

Hardly... I doubt most Americans would have even heard of David Hicks, we only hear so much about him because he's "aussie".... anyway on the flipside Rudeboy maybe it is proof that the 'yanks' aren't going after just arabs. Makes more sense really.

You're wrong there mate because Hicks is the ONLY anglo in Guantannamo Bay. I'll tell you why. Because the Brits wouldn't allow any of their citizens to be held without trial, so they were released. But our arse licking PM has refused to demand the rule of law be applied to an Australian citizen, and has instead just allowed the US to flout all international law.

Haven't you wondered why noone else has been put on trial. where are the Al Qaeda leaders? Where are the Taliban leaders? But we can all sleep well at night because the yanks have got David Hicks behind bars. Forget about how much of a dick head or a fu*&wit Hicks is, the issue is whether we have proper laws and processes for dealing with such situations.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:54 pm

His still alot luckier though to be "trialed" by a "western" court of law, than an arabic one!
A traitor, coward, a WOFTAM(waste of f.....time and money), an absolute oxygen thief!
Rule .303 should apply, no second chances. Goodbye you pencil necked geek!!! Apply forthwith to the human shield corps, your "skills" of cowardly combat are greatly required there!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:15 am

skaman wrote:
His still alot luckier though to be "trialed" by a "western" court of law, than an arabic one!
A traitor, coward, a WOFTAM(waste of f.....time and money), an absolute oxygen thief!
Rule .303 should apply, no second chances. Goodbye you pencil necked geek!!! Apply forthwith to the human shield corps, your "skills" of cowardly combat are greatly required there!

I'm obviously not going to convince you Skaman, but my point is that he is not being tried by a court of law. He has been held without a trial for 4 years in a concentration camp. He should have been sent to court 4 years ago.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:47 pm

Agreed.
4 years without trial, even a sham military trial, is disgraceful.
I'm sure ska would have a different view if this were him or one of his family members.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:18 pm

If it were one of my family members, they would be no more. Thankfully there are no cowards in my family.
Hicks never went into this situation blindly. He is/was a military man (I use this term extremely loosely), he knows/should know ALL consequences and ramifications as well as rules of engagement.
He was caught, he is an enemy soldier,he is lucky that he is under an overscruitanised western democracy where he will get the fairest trial in the world. 4 years, yep...tough titties. Play the game, shoot your fellow comrades behind a cloke of deceit and deception, pay the price! Time to find God, change religions or any other last gasp of cowardly behavior as your time is up Hicks. If anybody on this forum has been in the services or had a relative fight for this country, how would you like Mr. Hicks or any fellow countryman firing potshots from afar at anybody in your family????? If Hicks gets anything less than Corby, what an absolute disgrace! Personally I'd pull the trigger or hit the switch on this low life.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:01 pm

Does this means we can call him a whinging pom now?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:09 pm

This will be my last comment on this matter, as it is obvious that everyone (including me) is speaking from fixed positions.

My only comment is that it's amazing how the media can create an impression which people then assume is fact. E.g. the one and only photo of Hicks in combat gear (the one where he's holding a bazooka) was in fact not taken of him in Afghanistan at all! The photo was taken of him while he was working with the Kosova Liberation Army (KLA), which had the backing of the USA in its fight against Serbia/Yugoslavia. There is no evidence that he ever fired a single shot against allied troops, which is why the Yanks have not allowed him to be tried in a proper court of law for over 4 years.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:14 pm

I ignored the picture, I haven't heard any proof that tells me he is in fact a terrorist, they claimed he trained with Al-Queda not once did they say he ever fired a shot with them, nor did they make any mention of him fighting with them.

So, Rudeboy I have to agree with you, no one has produced any proof from day one that he is in fact a terrorist, remember the CIA trained Bin Laden, does this mean the CIA are in fact terrorists?

Until there is proof, we can only speculate.

Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:35 pm

Mortis wrote:
I ignored the picture, I haven't heard any proof that tells me he is in fact a terrorist, they claimed he trained with Al-Queda not once did they say he ever fired a shot with them, nor did they make any mention of him fighting with them.

So, Rudeboy I have to agree with you, no one has produced any proof from day one that he is in fact a terrorist, remember the CIA trained Bin Laden, does this mean the CIA are in fact terrorists?

Until there is proof, we can only speculate.

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why the US government has never put Hicks on trial.
They lack any evidence. Even the smallest evidence that a military trial requires.
It's also the reason that they fly people out of the states to Afghanistan where they are not afforded any human rights protection.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:45 pm

Well the jail is guarded so tighly you a pissant couldn't walk by without them ready to blow a hole in it's head. And they aren't letting anyone that is held there speak, so we don't know if any of them have committed a crime.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:47 pm

Blinkers boys. I've also trained Indonesians in the Australian Army and without getting into detail. Who is Australias greatest threat, military wise?Anyhow, I see your points in regards a fair trial. After all isnt that what we would all want in the same situation?. My bug bear ,if you wish,is.... I have greater admiration for a "formal" enemy. One that dosnt hide, scurry off into the darkness, concealed by innocent civilians. Hicks chose to be part of that army(rabble), and to think he was there for the weather or otherwise is ludicrious. Will have to agree to disagree I'm afraid. A bit to close to the bone for me. Looks like the only way we can get Hicks now is if he gets to play in the English cricket side, then perhaps Lee or somebody can take his head off with a full toss!
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:52 pm

Right now Hicks really hasn't caused any sort of threat, he's just a small fish for them to fry, while the big guys are still in hiding planning attacks, and ready to pop up and cause some damage somewhere.

While he has trained with a bunch of lowlifes ,and might be himself, I wouldn't know, but technically he hasn't done anything to warrant being held without a trial for 4 years.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:07 pm

Bit like saying, I dont like the Ku Klux Klan per say, I just hang around them for the groovy white robes and crazy hats. Small fish, big fish, who gives a fat rats clacker! Wasted energy on a certified ...kwit!
4 Years is a long time for someone deserved, not this Johnny Rambo wannabe. A fair trial, he'll end up getting. Probably end up selling his story for $$$$$$$. Congrats Hicks, might go full circle and you can pump your royalties back to your terrorist bretheran.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:22 pm

You misunderstood what I was saying, he was trained by them yes, but they never said, nor does anyone know if he actually fought with them, there was never any proof. If there was he would of been up on trial and gone long before now.

If Hicks did something that deserved him to be detained, he would of been on trial by now, but he hasn't, why?

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:56 pm

I must be missing something! Where was Hicks when he was caught? The Bagdad 7-11??
In war,do they stop to have a bullet count of who fired what, when?
He's been trained already FFS on home soil, why would he be on foreign soil..maybe getting an enemies perspective? Give me a break. We have one of the best training or the best trainers in the world, covering all geographical terrains. There is NO reason, why an Aussie would be on foreign soil, fighting/training against any western country, unless they were embracing enemy philosophies and beliefs. Guilt by association, maybe, but guilty as hell, you bet. Just because there was no smoking gun, they should make this pissant squirm. Send a clear message to any other money hungry mercenaries, lie down with dogs and you'll get up with more than fleas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: