Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David Hicks is officially a Pom!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:31 pm
Post subject: David Hicks is officially a Pom!Reply with quote

www.heraldsun.news.com.au...02,00.html

Will be interesting to see how hard the British Gov fight to have this decision overturned.
If they fail, will be interesting to see if they can do what OZ has failed to do and get him out of Cuba.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Once he gets UK citizenship, (if he does), I'd reckon the UK would be obligated to get him out of Guantanamo, as they have done for every UK citizen. If they don't, one could only conclude dodgy deals behind closed doors had been done.

Hope the poor bastard gets out soon.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:56 pm

It's going to make rotten Johnny Howard's government look like the Yankee arse lickers that they are if the Brits get Hicks freed after 4 yrs gaol without trial.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:35 pm

Hope he goes to live in Britain
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's going to make rotten Johnny Howard's government look like the Yankee arse lickers that they are if the Brits get Hicks freed after 4 yrs gaol without trial.

And let us all hope that we don't end up regretting that if Hicks goes back to his old ways... not that it really matters I guess, there's plenty more out there like him to worry about.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:19 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

And let us all hope that we don't end up regretting that if Hicks goes back to his old ways... not that it really matters I guess, there's plenty more out there like him to worry about.

Let's get some balance here. If the guy was such a bad important terrorist why has it taken 4 yrs before any charges were laid. The fact is he's a f@#%wit, of low intelligence, who joined up with a bunch of mercenaries (well before 9/11) for an adventure. You'd think he was Osama Bin Laden the way the media have tried to portray him. He's the token whitey the Yanks need to fend off claims that they are anti arab.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Some people might consider he's a f@#%wit of low intelligence who joined up with a bunch of mercenaries 911 for to be one.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 pm

HAL wrote:
Some people might consider he's a f@#%wit of low intelligence who joined up with a bunch of mercenaries 911 for to be one.

If he's such a badass why have they taken 4 yrs to lay any charges? If the guy has committed any crimes then there are laws to deal with it, but you can't lock people up for years on end without granting them any legal rights.
Have the yanks managed to put a single al qaeda leader on trial anywhere? Why not?

Don't forget that Osama's gang were formed by the yanks in the 1980s to fight the Russians. Just like they helped put Saddam in power - and supplied him with chemical weapons - in Iraq as a buffer against the Iranians. There is so much hypocracy and bullshit going on by Bush, Howard and Blair, and we'll be the one's who suffer as a consequence.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:44 pm

Rudeboy, fyi, HAL is an automated response 'bot.
Don't take him seriously. He knows not what he says.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:04 am

w...w....wwwhat Eunos!!!!??? You saying HALs not real!!? Next you'll be saying, "There is no Santy Claus!" Shocked

For what its worth.
Hicks to me is a gutless mercenary. A traitor to his country and as a captured enemy of the coalition, of which Australia (rightly or wrongly to some), is part. Should face the laws determined by them. He should thank God or Alah or whoever, this week he chooses to pick, that the roles arent reversed, and that he wasnt fighting for "us" and captured by the Iraqis. He would've been beheaded already, no trial or anything. This piece of excreta could have been shooting my way if I was still in the army. Give me five minutes in a cell with him, he'd wish he'd never left boot camp! Mad

Eunos 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:50 am

skaman wrote:
w...w....wwwhat Eunos!!!!??? You saying HALs not real!!? Next you'll be saying, "There is no Santy Claus!" Shocked

There, there ska, it's ok........Santa will still come, just make sure you stick one of those "Santa please stop here" signs in your front garden.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 am

Damn straight Eunos! I'm thinking of putting up some flying fox netting, to make sure he comes to a flying stop!
Then its "shakedown" time for the Fatboy! Laughing

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:14 pm

skaman wrote:

For what its worth.
Hicks to me is a gutless mercenary. A traitor to his country and as a captured enemy of the coalition, of which Australia (rightly or wrongly to some), is part. Should face the laws determined by them.

I think the important point here is, as you say, he "should face the laws determined by them". My beef is that as an Australian, he should have been deported back here to face OUR courts if he's broken any of OUR laws. Even the Yanks haven't put him before a court. The whole thing is a bullshit exercise.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:18 pm

We have never talked about it before. Have you ever been to Europe? If you could have any kind of robot what would it be? Can you tell me any gossip? Where did it go? By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He's the token whitey the Yanks need to fend off claims that they are anti arab.

Hardly... I doubt most Americans would have even heard of David Hicks, we only hear so much about him because he's "aussie".... anyway on the flipside Rudeboy maybe it is proof that the 'yanks' aren't going after just arabs. Makes more sense really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: