Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Copeland Shock

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mick 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:22 am
Post subject: Copeland ShockReply with quote

Who will win the Copeland this year? It certainly won't be the average supporter that's for sure.

Despite Eddie stating on a number of occasions he wants to open up the the Club's biggest night to the average fan it seems the B&F will again cater only for the top end of town.

Those of you who attended the excellent information night at the Club early in the year will strongly remember President Eddie clearly stating that they would open up the Copeland to include a low cost ticket to watch the event. The expensive seats (including dinner etc) would still be sold but the average punter would be able to fork a relatively small amount to be part of the night and indeed feel part of the Club.

Promotion has begun for this year's event with all tickets at $180 per head! That's right $180. But hey, don't forget that includes seeing Jimmy Barnes sing. Big news if it was 1991 not 2001 but it probably explains about $20 given we're told he's almost like a brother to our Sydney board member, Brad Cooper. So will the Club deliver on Eddie's promise or is the Copeland out of reach again for the fans on this bulletin board and indeed the vast majority that deliver record Collingwood crowds each week?

The deafening silence from the Club suggests when it came to action the Club's administration has put it in the too hard basket again. Note that I'm not questioning the management of the Copeland. The Club will probably generate the biggest profit this way. But if you're not going to deliver don't promise - simple as that.

Eddie - what are you going to deliver to back up your promise?

ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Mick... why do we average supporters have to fork out another $180 to go to the Copeland Trphy night? It's too bloody expensive for many people, and if McGuire is really a man for the people, he should have seen that this is just not right.

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'
---------------------------------
BLACK & WHITE - For those who bleed Black & White

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 12:53 pm

Mick,

I have posted a couple of times on this topic. If you have a look you will see that David Emerson replied and said that Jimmy Barnes was performing for free. I also investigated all the other clubs B&F's and found that the next most expensive was the Bulldogs at $137.50. Prices varied between $85 and $137.50. Most were being held at the palladium. I think the club has it wrong and the paying punters have to cover the cost's of the non payers such as sponsors, players etc. I think around the $140 mark, like last year, is ok - $180 is just ridiculous.

Just to correct you, at the members meeting earlier this year, Eddie said that when we move into the glasshouse we will be able to have the cheap tickets for the avge joe to watch it all AFTER the sponsors and players have had dinner.

I rang the club late last week and found that there were still heaps of tickets available and on Monday they were advertising the tickets in the herald sun. In the past I have known Copeland to sell out in 2 days!! I wonder why ticket sales are so slow THIS year????

Cheers

Dillo

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:48 pm

nah they didnt sell that quickly last year we went ages after they had been on sale and still got tickets easily, AND they werent even in the back row!!! (unlike the year b4....)

yeah even though we've already been over this i didnt know that eddie had said that at the meeting cos i had other commitments so wasn't there.

so why say it if you're not going to go through with it??

one of the other clubs i think it might be carlton are having theirs at a racecourse, i cant remember which one but i dont see why we couldnt do that, and how can the bulldogs afford to have theirs at the palladium for that price? no wonder they're going broke, they should be greedy pricks like us.

yes they may have other things on during the year for us 'poor' supporters or whatever they would like to call us but the point is i dont want to go to them, i want to go to the copeland dammit! and it will be good this year because there will be no clear cut winner before the night, so everyone can speculate. and i reckon lica will get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: