Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Dale Thomas - Selection Number 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We were after Egan from the word go, from all accounts. Probably right, too, as we are after players with pace and zip rather than a in-and-under, grunt player - which we have plenty of.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:13 pm

EddieGold wrote:
clokeysrevenge wrote:
Yeah if we in fact wanted both Ellis and Thomas.

Obviously we wanted one of the first two picks (2 or 5) to be Pendlebury...and therefore had to choose between Ellis and Thomas.

Get the picture?

All I am saying is we stuffed up. I support all Collnigwood players but I also recognise time after time we make terrible drafting decisions. i also recognise because of these drafting decisions, we finished second last in 2004.

Look EG, are you a troll? If so I wish the mods here would do something. Mad If not, just tell me HOW your incredible “Leigh Troop” like intelligence allows you to assess the Collingwood players in this draft before a footy has been kicked? Do you have the uncanny ability to predict the future? I can just as easily say that I think you have serious mental issues. At least I would be basing my verdict on some solid facts after reading your posts here, than merely acting the goat like you who talks crap without having a skerrick of evidence to back up ANY of your wild claims about Collingwood stuffing up this draft. I would MUCH rather put my faith in club staff than you dude. BTW, you keep on harping like a bloody demented parrot about Roach, Nixon etc but do you want me (or another poster here, Jackass) to list the number of stuff ups made by other clubs? Happy to oblige. Or are you only interested in being Richmond like and putting crap on your own club all the time? Ever thought about joining the Richmond fans? You would fit in there perfectly dude Rolling Eyes ….Now THERE is an accurate prediction based on concrete evidence! Razz
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:27 pm

Lazza wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
clokeysrevenge wrote:
Yeah if we in fact wanted both Ellis and Thomas.

Obviously we wanted one of the first two picks (2 or 5) to be Pendlebury...and therefore had to choose between Ellis and Thomas.

Get the picture?

All I am saying is we stuffed up. I support all Collnigwood players but I also recognise time after time we make terrible drafting decisions. i also recognise because of these drafting decisions, we finished second last in 2004.

Look EG, are you a troll? If so I wish the mods here would do something. Mad If not, just tell me HOW your incredible “Leigh Troop” like intelligence allows you to assess the Collingwood players in this draft before a footy has been kicked? Do you have the uncanny ability to predict the future? I can just as easily say that I think you have serious mental issues. At least I would be basing my verdict on some solid facts after reading your posts here, than merely acting the goat like you who talks crap without having a skerrick of evidence to back up ANY of your wild claims about Collingwood stuffing up this draft. I would MUCH rather put my faith in club staff than you dude. BTW, you keep on harping like a bloody demented parrot about Roach, Nixon etc but do you want me (or another poster here, Jackass) to list the number of stuff ups made by other clubs? Happy to oblige. Or are you only interested in being Richmond like and putting crap on your own club all the time? Ever thought about joining the Richmond fans? You would fit in there perfectly dude Rolling Eyes ….Now THERE is an accurate prediction based on concrete evidence! Razz

Lazza, I simply said I thought we should have picked up Ellis at 2 and will bite our bum. same opinion as other people. This is a football site...it is about.....err....football opinion.

Not every one has the same opninion or believes the club does the best thing all the time. If I offended you, I apologise. But gee mate, it is a football site.

I support the boys now they are at the Collingwood football club 100%. I seem to have to defend myself for having an opinion but I think other people would like to see Ellis in balck and white.

I still reckon if we had picked up Pavlich we would have won two more premierships and that still hurts me.

Lets hope it all works out.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:36 pm

Daniel wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Daniel wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Ellis WILL come back and bite the Collingwood FC right on the ar*e in 2 years time mark my words. I watched this team play all year Dale Thomas is a midfielder he played midfield all year, Pendlebury the same, both good players but neither are in Ellis's class. I would have picked Pendlebury before Thomas, in saying that these are two good pick ups but in 2-3 years time when Ellis is the next Dal Santo of the league we WILL all be crying. I cant believe we didn't pick Ellis UNBELIEVABLE.

1 - Get EddieGold his ANTI-DEPRESSANTS.... sh*t get me some after reading his posts Crying or Very sad

2 - Ray.... where do I start. Your post seems to cantain more emotion than reason. If you have watched Gippsland play all year, how could you overlook the fact that Ellis is a STICK INSECT. He is a RECEIVER @ U18 level. Despite this obvious concern, you go on to say he'll bite Collingwood in the ar*e in 2 years time?! What on earth?! The only biting that will be happening is from Ellis trying desperately to add meat to his scrawney frame. He is genuinely 4 years away from having an impact at AFL level @ his weight. Think about it. If he is receiving at U18's what hope does he have against men who are on average 10 - 15 kgs heavier, taller, faster, fitter, more aggressive than he is used to. NOT MUCH. Del Santo was 5 - 8 kgs bigger when he started.... Del Santo has since filled out and learnt to win his own ball.... there are ZERO guarantees that Ellis will do either.

We'll see.
PS Josh Fraser was a STICK INSECT, he was a No.1 pick, and by the way after 7 years still is. He plays in the ruck and does ok?

FACT - Xavier Ellis was the second best player in the draft - and we passed on him!

FACT - U have proven yourself to be a PAIN IN THE ARSE! Not even a woman is this annoying!

PS - please come to the supporters game on the 18th - I wanna clean u up.

Mate, I don't want to say but you can try any day. I'm about 6 3 and 100kgs and done some solid boxing in my time. One thing boxing teaches you is to hold your temper cause in the ring if you lose your rag, you end up on the floor. I won't ever take a step back to anyone though.

Anyway, this is a football web site with football opinions so I am not sure why people get upset if someone has a different opnion to them. It is not personal so no hard feelings.

I want Thomas, Stanely and the boys to be superstars but would have loved Ellis and Muston. I saw a fair few TAC Cup games over the year and in the lead up to the draft, you fall in love with players and it is hard to let them go.
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:45 pm

I reiterate EG:

If the club was to pick Ellis even though they don't rate him as highly as Thomas and then watch him become a dud, would you be willing to give them a pass because they went with consensus?

No. You wouldn't.

Do you accept the selection of Richard Cole over Nick Dal Santo because he was the consensus higher rated player?

You want the club to pick the consensus better player, and then also get the best available, when logic dictates that the consensus pick is not always going to be better.

Let it go.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:59 pm

EddieGold wrote:
Daniel wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Daniel wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Ellis WILL come back and bite the Collingwood FC right on the ar*e in 2 years time mark my words. I watched this team play all year Dale Thomas is a midfielder he played midfield all year, Pendlebury the same, both good players but neither are in Ellis's class. I would have picked Pendlebury before Thomas, in saying that these are two good pick ups but in 2-3 years time when Ellis is the next Dal Santo of the league we WILL all be crying. I cant believe we didn't pick Ellis UNBELIEVABLE.

1 - Get EddieGold his ANTI-DEPRESSANTS.... sh*t get me some after reading his posts Crying or Very sad

2 - Ray.... where do I start. Your post seems to cantain more emotion than reason. If you have watched Gippsland play all year, how could you overlook the fact that Ellis is a STICK INSECT. He is a RECEIVER @ U18 level. Despite this obvious concern, you go on to say he'll bite Collingwood in the ar*e in 2 years time?! What on earth?! The only biting that will be happening is from Ellis trying desperately to add meat to his scrawney frame. He is genuinely 4 years away from having an impact at AFL level @ his weight. Think about it. If he is receiving at U18's what hope does he have against men who are on average 10 - 15 kgs heavier, taller, faster, fitter, more aggressive than he is used to. NOT MUCH. Del Santo was 5 - 8 kgs bigger when he started.... Del Santo has since filled out and learnt to win his own ball.... there are ZERO guarantees that Ellis will do either.

We'll see.
PS Josh Fraser was a STICK INSECT, he was a No.1 pick, and by the way after 7 years still is. He plays in the ruck and does ok?

FACT - Xavier Ellis was the second best player in the draft - and we passed on him!

FACT - U have proven yourself to be a PAIN IN THE ARSE! Not even a woman is this annoying!

Mate, I don't want to say but you can try any day. I'm about 6 3 and 100kgs and done some solid boxing in my time. One thing boxing teaches you is to hold your temper cause in the ring if you lose your rag, you end up on the floor. I won't ever take a step back to anyone though.

You bore me Eddie gold as does anyone who talks about a knuckle sandwitch rather than the footy. Evil or Very Mad So you are a young macho bull who can box and fight! Rolling Eyes Big deal, well done and so be it, your award is in the mail. I cant fight to save myself but I love the Collingwood footy club next to my own family. I criticise them when it is deserved, dont you worry about that but geez, I come out to defend them strongly when Leigh Troop like idiots knock them for nothing! When these boys drafted this season shine, I will feel totally vindicated because I didnt knock their selections... Laughing I dont think the likes of you knockers will be able to post anything with the amount of egg on your face........
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:57 am

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:
Do you accept the selection of Richard Cole over Nick Dal Santo because he was the consensus higher rated player?

100% spot on VV. If this was the case, Judd would have gone at one, I'd presume, and Luke Molan not drafted at all. Hindsight.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:47 am

Lazza wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
Daniel wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Daniel wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:

We'll see.

You bore me Eddie gold as does anyone who talks about a knuckle sandwitch rather than the footy. Evil or Very Mad So you are a young macho bull who can box and fight! Rolling Eyes Big deal, well done and so be it, your award is in the mail. I cant fight to save myself but I love the Collingwood footy club next to my own family. I criticise them when it is deserved, dont you worry about that but geez, I come out to defend them strongly when Leigh Troop like idiots knock them for nothing! When these boys drafted this season shine, I will feel totally vindicated because I didnt knock their selections... Laughing I dont think the likes of you knockers will be able to post anything with the amount of egg on your face........

I think you should reread my posts. You threatened me as I remember. I am a pacifist at heart, that is another thing boxing teaches you. I have also recently become a buddhist so to me all things are beautiful.

I simply put my case forward for whom I wanted Collingwood to draft and you have taken it as a personal attack. I will be very interested to follow the Ellis v Thomas debate over the next few years, as you will Lazza. The draft could go the way of the Goddard/Wells one where al players ended up pretty much overrated or it could end up the Pavlich draft where no team should have traded away any of the top 4 picks. It is a lottery. The fact is we have got some good big bodies with football pedigree and for that Hines and the team should be totally complimented.

So please you don’t have to push your chest out like a cocking rooster to me. There is room enough for everyone’s opinion at this site. Cheers. I would much rather have a beer with you at one of the Pies games this year when hopefully we can celebrate a victory.
Laughing
didak#4 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:24 pm

The more I learn about our new players the more excited i get. However, if it does turn that they end up becoming flops like our previous picks and the "obvious" choices such as ellis become stars, then sack the whole staff list i say becasue this seems to happen time and time again, and noone seems to learn. Having said that, im quietly confident that we have made some good choices.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:42 pm

FFS Lazza and EddieGold. Take this crap into PM's, and not here. The both of you are boring the %$^£$%^&%% out of us all.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:19 pm

bwphantom wrote:
FFS Lazza and EddieGold. Take this crap into PM's, and not here. The both of you are boring the %$^£$%^&%% out of us all.

Agreed
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:11 pm

EddieGold wrote:
I have also recently become a buddhist so to me all things are beautiful.

I think you need to study Dharma more closely then.

Buddha teaches us that the sadness and desire that we experience on a daily basis originates from ignorance. That is the second of the Noble Truths. If you are really a buddhist you should know that.

Karmic belief states that positive actions breed positive results - you are clearly not in a positive state of mind in regards to this situation.

Furthermore, the path is paved, in part, by virtue, which includes abstaining from divisive and abusive speech, as well as idle chatter. Hence, you should be patient and see the results of this drafting before criticising it.

As a somewhat-practicing, all-too-imperfect Buddhist, even I realise these things. I wonder how near the truth your understanding is if you continue to carry on on these boards in the way you do.
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:08 pm

Hey vinnie_vegas69 !! fellow Buddhist, funny how your loves find ways to coincide, but I don't expect to see much Dhamma on Nicks! lol! Anyway, May you be well and happy, and may your good advice help EddieGold with his unskilfull thoughts!

Namo Tasa Bhagavato Ahranto Sammasam Buddhasa.

(Also Go Pies in 06!)

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 pm

EddieGold wrote:
Lazza wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
Daniel wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Daniel wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:

We'll see.

I think you should reread my posts. You threatened me as I remember.

OK dude, please quote where the hell I have ever threatened you? I want you to withdraw that total lie and apologise or else I shall be contacting the Mods here. One thing I HATE is a poster who blatantly lies and falsely accuses. . I have NEVER threatened you in my life Evil or Very Mad Mad
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:46 pm

Order, order!!!!!!!!!!! Chill out dudes!

I'm getting scroll strain! Shocked Confused

Last edited by skaman on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: