Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Dale Thomas - Selection Number 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

West Coast with HUrn in the midfield are very very strong
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:46 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
West Coast with HUrn in the midfield are very very strong

They were already strong, they need forwards, with Matera retired they have nothing up forward.
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:05 pm

EddieGold wrote:
Pendlebury at 5 was very interesting (ahead of Ryder, Hurn, Jones, Drum, Dowler, Oakley-Nicholls) is just another stupid UNACCOUNTABLE selection along the lines of Danny Roach and Billy Morrison.

Do you know ANYTHING about Pendlebury?

Clearly the most physically talented midfielder in the draft, by so far it's not funny. He's agile, evasive, fast, a great size, and a decent right foot kick and a beautiful left foot one. Not to mention he has big hands and a huge leap, meaning his ability to take marks will translate to AFL.
RayByrneForPOPE Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:07 pm

Ellis WILL come back and bite the Collingwood FC right on the ar*e in 2 years time mark my words. I watched this team play all year Dale Thomas is a midfielder he played midfield all year, Pendlebury the same, both good players but neither are in Ellis's class. I would have picked Pendlebury before Thomas, in saying that these are two good pick ups but in 2-3 years time when Ellis is the next Dal Santo of the league we WILL all be crying. I cant believe we didn't pick Ellis UNBELIEVABLE.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:08 pm

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
Pendlebury at 5 was very interesting (ahead of Ryder, Hurn, Jones, Drum, Dowler, Oakley-Nicholls) is just another stupid UNACCOUNTABLE selection along the lines of Danny Roach and Billy Morrison.

Clearly the most physically talented midfielder in the draft, by so far it's not funny. He's agile, evasive, fast, a great size, and a decent right foot kick and a beautiful left foot one. Not to mention he has big hands and a huge leap, meaning his ability to take marks will translate to AFL.

Good mate, I hope your right.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:10 pm

RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
Ellis WILL come back and bite the Collingwood FC right on the ar*e in 2 years time mark my words. I watched this team play all year Dale Thomas is a midfielder he played midfield all year, Pendlebury the same, both good players but neither are in Ellis's class. I would have picked Pendlebury before Thomas, in saying that these are two good pick ups but in 2-3 years time when Ellis is the next Dal Santo of the league we WILL all be crying. I cant believe we didn't pick Ellis UNBELIEVABLE.

Ray - you and about 5 thousand other recruiters thought that. But Blamey and his cronnies see something different. The Hawks...bless them.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:29 pm

Nothing wrong with either Ellis or Thomas.

In fact I'm excited with our first 2 picks. Both have class. Add these to last years selections and the balance is there.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Weaknesses:
- Kicking can be a little untidy at times
- Below average in endurance tests at draft camp (both 3km and beep)
- May not be AFL ready straight up, wiry frame still. Could be more an outside type for starters who would play as a small forward.

The Weaknesses are a little concerning.

Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:00 pm

The problem is when Ellis turns out to be a top player you wankers will all be saying how we missed out on such a great player, even if Thomas is also a champion.

So wankers like Eddiegold are on a winnner because there's no way Ellis won't be good he's one of the best youngsters in the country.

Same as the Ball, Judd, Hodge crap. They're all good ffs.
madman Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:37 pm

guys all take a step back, none of these guys have even played a game of AFL senior footy yet. Give them a chance to prove themselves.
doppleganger 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:02 pm

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:
EddieGold wrote:

sounds like andrew embley

brilliant if he turns out like embers!!!

lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:23 pm

the way I see it, what's done is done.

now the club can live or die by the sword.

I'd say they realise how important these choices were - especially Malthouse whose decision making is going to be greatly scrutinized from this point on.

I don't think they went the hail mary. Ellis might be a fine player and the next Nick Dal Santo.... But i'd prefer someone closer to Ball's mould..
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:28 pm

thinking about it. Ellis had a lot of drawbacks. It is going to take him 3 years to get to a good enough size to worry teams. Then, he is always going to be too lightframed to play defensively and will probably always be a receiver.

The consensus is that he'll be a champion...but i reckon he is more risky than THomas. Thomas is probably a safer bet. However, when Ellis does reach his full straps...and if he turns out better than Thomas...Collingwood recruiters are going to be scrutinized because there were not a lot of people that saw us passing on Ellis at 2.

Its not a bad move i dont think. It would have been worst if we didnt rate Ellis, yet picked him up for the sole reason that the media picked him to go at 2. Atleast we have stuck to our guns, despite the criticism that the club is inevitably going to cop.

Thomas may not get a game in 06, but will be ready before Ellis probably. Im so excited to watch this kid go.

collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:40 pm

I keep hearing everyone rave about how Ellis could be the next DalSanto, I havn't seen StKilda play much n the last couple of years, so I know next to nothing about him... is he a middle paced skinny reciever across the defensive side of the centreline like Ellis? How many premiership/norm smith/brownlow medallions does he have? I have seen Judd play, and he is good. I have seen Luke hodge play and havn't seen him hurt many oppositions, but at least I can picture him sweeping of half back in my mind... Dal Santo plays in the most talented list in the competition that thus far has produced nothing, less even than collingwood who have at least played in a couple of grand finals in the last 5 years. I suppose what I am saying is that even Dal Santo is unproved in terms of what counts in AFL footy, i.e finals, so how much more unproved is this kid Ellis?

We have picked quick talented and most imprortantly agressive kids who could win thier own ball in the midfield, I couldn't care less if none of them win a Brownlow provided they can help us win a flag!

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:59 pm

RayByrneForPOPE wrote:

1 - Get EddieGold his ANTI-DEPRESSANTS.... sh*t get me some after reading his posts Crying or Very sad

2 - Ray.... where do I start. Your post seems to cantain more emotion than reason. If you have watched Gippsland play all year, how could you overlook the fact that Ellis is a STICK INSECT. He is a RECEIVER @ U18 level. Despite this obvious concern, you go on to say he'll bite Collingwood in the ar*e in 2 years time?! What on earth?! The only biting that will be happening is from Ellis trying desperately to add meat to his scrawney frame. He is genuinely 4 years away from having an impact at AFL level @ his weight. Think about it. If he is receiving at U18's what hope does he have against men who are on average 10 - 15 kgs heavier, taller, faster, fitter, more aggressive than he is used to. NOT MUCH. Del Santo was 5 - 8 kgs bigger when he started.... Del Santo has since filled out and learnt to win his own ball.... there are ZERO guarantees that Ellis will do either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: