Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scotland

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:34 pm
Post subject: ScotlandReply with quote

I plead with the powers at be at Collingwood to not trade Heath Scotland, not just because of his efforts today but he efforts generally all year and the lack of opportunity in the seniors. In my humble opinion I think he could have been used in a role similar to that of which kept dimma in the side with greater effect. Please keep Scoltland, he shows some genuine class/strength and skill hard to find in a midfielder and I just think we would not get a great deal for him if we traded him on his current credentials. And for those purporting one Ben Johnson for a trade good luck. He is extremely highly thought of at the club and if being bestowed with the number 26 guernsey is any indication I doubt he will be used as trade bait.
You have paid your dues Heath and I look forward to you in the 1st's nex year.

Louis

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 3:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of you are probably saying to yourselves, here goes the Phantom again talking up Scotland. I believe he showed most of the selection committee and coach 28 reasons why he should have been selected earlier in the year.

I like him. He can deliver the ball well from both sides of the body. he puts his body on the line, and wins a lot of hard ball gets(something that was needed against the Blues). He should have been picked before Dimma, Rupes or Ukovic.

I think MM has done a good job this year, the only constructive criticism I have is that when a team is playing and winning then make changes only because of injury(which he did this year). However, if the team looks flat then take the gamble and supply the team with freshness. Over the break the boys will need to work on their mental toughness as I believe that this is the only reson why we are not a part of the september action.

Go Pies!!!

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 3:19 am

I was really impressed with Heath's game against the Kangas - and in fact on his form on the weekend I definitely think he should be retained and given an opportunity to play senior football next year.

GO PIES!

Marg

Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:01 am

I wont take credit for Heath's game on the weekend, but I sent him an e-mail, telling him that we all had faith in him and he will make the grade. So you can imagine how happy I was for him when he got selected and played well. The thing I like about him is his skills. We have questioned some of our players skill level by foot, and decision making, but Heath showed yesterday that on both sides of his body, he has great skill, and once he got the pace of the game, really played well.

I think he must be kept next year and given more of a run.
Also, well done Benny Kinnear on a great finish to the year. Really cemented a place for next year. Amazing what these guys can do when they are given a chance to play regular games.

Pies R Us

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:36 am

Heath Scotland's ability has always been good.
His skills are great.

The only reason why Heath has not been getting a game is because
his defensive game is quite poor and to a lesser extent his softness towards the ball.

He had a great game against the roos because his defensive game was great and he attacked the ball which Mick likes.

Mick likes all his midfielders to be accountable in heavy traffic and their opponents.

If Heath can improve that part of his game he will only get better.

I know that Essendon and to a lesset extent St-Kilda have been after Heath for awhile.

The question is would you be happy for Solomon or Everitt as PART of a swap for Heath?

When you consider that Alan Didak and Damien Adkins have to still come into the team next year.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:40 am

Heath is all class and it was great to see him seize his opportunity. Ben Kinnear is developing into a really good player as well. Nick Davis i think is now the best young player we have at the club. He plays well week in and week out and is all CLASS

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 5:00 am

I think Heath has ability and I don't know why he hasn't been given opportunities when other youngsters have been. I can only assume the powers that be think he lacks something but I don't know what it is.
Whilst, I do think he has ability, he is a running player - a type of player we have in abundance. I think his game was good without being great. The main point is that he played a game others have been playing during the year. That means either he of other similar players should be traded. I think it will be Heath and 1 or 2 other runners.

rash 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:28 am

I have also been talking up Heath Scotland this year like the other guys in this topic. I do rate him higher than some of the other players who have been getting a regular game this season but I won't go into that. I think he played well enough to prove a point to the selectors on Sunday.

I've got a good idea! Let's trade him to Richmond for a dud ruckman. I'm sure they have a few left. If we trade Scotland, I think he will star for another club and we will have egg on our faces once again.

ash 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:23 am

I've also been a huge fan of Heaths for a while now. Trading him in a deal to get Everitt I could see happening, but not for Soloman. Scotland is too valuable for us, even with Didak and Adkins in the reserves. Its obvious that this season for Willy has been good for him. Like wise Kinnear. Trading him for a player that is not a key position would be a waste.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:33 am

Since we are on the subject, who do we let go?
We have to make way for draft choices and we need a few experianced players - notably a ruckman.
I think Heath will go or it makes no sence not to have played during the year.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:38 am

I love Rupert but i think he could be traded maybe to a club like Hawthorn who have a weak midfield

Tuckmando will be traded im guessing to the Dogs or Adelaide

Dimmatina can be traded to the Dogs for somebody like Simon Cox

Ukovic can be traded as well

Baynes, Stone and Wasley will get delisted

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:02 am

JLC I agree with all your thoughts there.
I don't know if antone will want Ukovic - he may be a delisting.

Personnaly I'd prefer to keep Rupe and let some others go. Dimma, Scotland, Lane, Freeborne, Steiner are all candidates I would put ahead of Rupert in trade bate stakes. In the end it depends on what type of player a trading partner wants. Don't forget we have Adkins and Didak to come into the side. Also Reece Shaw. I still think he could make it but he has to show it next season.

I think McKee should go - mostly because we should be getting a ruckman and there will be no place for McKee on the list then.

There will be a few clubs enquiring about Kinear. I think he has showd good signs when given the chance late in the season. I wonder if he was given the chance so clubs could see that he could play. If Cloke makes it and we recruit a ruckman and a defender, Kinnear may be traded also.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:44 am

Well done Heath Scotland, he had a brilliant game against the roos in canberra - and is part of our future, and MM should keep him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: