Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

my match report,how did i go?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 1:58 pm
Post subject: my match report,how did i go?Reply with quote

Well now that i have no need to work weekends,as 7 were to show the delayed telecast at 3pm WA time I ignored all footy and did some painting ,as us semi retired gents can do.

1st qtr

Missed the bounce but it looked like Tuckey was a target early but he got hands to balls on leads but seemed to be conscious of player up his ginger and dropped the marks,not impressed and didnt see much of him after that.Neon down the back half looked a bit hesitant,scotland comes on for obree and kicks a point from dead in front after 10 seconds on the turf.Let me rephrase that its more like a cow paddock.Gee Molloy is solid down back,giving great drive,Burns is good and Holland is everywhere.He goals and the tv panned to Eddie McGuire and it looked like Kevin Rose next to him,exstatic the pair of them in unfamiliar territory,looked like they were in the outer seats.No corporate boxes at the ACT cow paddock.Then we got to see the real north as the 4 on the bench were pretending to do synchronised drowning,but no water and no pegs on noses made them look silly.Ball goes deep in north goal ,presti is in front but ball does unique u turn into opponents lap and north goal.Down our end in quick reply Nick Davis takes mark ,,not paid,doesnt matter Nick goals anyway.The magician.Siren..........pests harvey,McKernan,Burton good Molloy,Holland Burns

Now the 2nd qtr may have been ok but 7 decided that in the 2 hours they had to show the game,they would fit in more ads if we didnt see the 2nd qtr,and that is that,bring on foxtel.

3rd qtr.

A quick handballathon and josh goals,umpires are being silly(usual i suppose)the game sems to be free of taggers,both sides run free,not much desperation,more like a slow motion game,Sav kicks a point after another umpire funny,then we go forward leon is starting to get on top,good vision sets up freeza,bad kick..point.Taz takes good mark,ant one on one in square takes mark and goals.neon magic sets up ant passes to kinnear..goal,neon on end of handball left foots it thru for another sausage,...Ball does another silly turn and north get a freak goal,Harvey seemed untouchable as he weaved around but a point from all that to them,but then Taz and Ant goal Siren,looking good.

Final qtr for 2001

Nick Davis should have been paid a mark but who cares he shrugged off the pack and goaled 30 sec in.Rintoul is good,Kinnear strong mark,Holland goals..its over...Not yet,bucks has a fumbleathon,roos point bucks kicks in,turnover north goal.Burns is flattened but no free,north clear go forward and miss..Rintoul then marks and gets a pay back 50 and Burns goals.I think 7 missed the next goal because next thing neon magic kicks a goal and we are 2 more ahead than before the ad.The cow paddock had one more trick to play as the ball bounced over Burns head and archer goaled,Kinnear is good,goes wide to taz,but taz goals anyway,

Lane is flattened by sinclair but just shakes hi head and gets up,good stuff,tv pans to empty seats,as north supporters have gone to the bar,Taz goals again Siren.

Pies Win,if only we had beaten those dirty rotten mongrel scum last week!!!!!!!!!!!This game was no great shakes but a win is a win.

The prognosis.Tuckey,no good,Scotland worth sticking with,and really i am impressed with kinnears last few games so he should stay.Ukovic no good,and a few others will get the pink slip soon too.

Do you think neon magic could be a wingman,he has no defensive skills but his 2nd and 3 rd efforts are terrific.and his pace wow.

my votes 3 Holland 2.Molloy 1.Clement

Now that i am a retired old man,i look forward to watching every game next year,albeit on the telly.The future looks good.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 6:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Retired?

This could be the beginning of a new career in footy journalism.

I especially like your nice un-biased objective assessment of the match.

Love your work, mate. Love your work.

**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 11:30 pm

Good one Ed. Enjoy the (semi?) retirement, and I look forward to your reports for next year!

Rosewall Woman 1 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:53 pm

Hey ed I really liked it. Enjoy the free weekends. the test mate will be coming up with the report when we get shellacked and all you want to do is retreat inside a bottle of red.

Keep it up and enjoy the off-season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: