Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is this suspicious?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No, probably a couple of sheiks who'd done their dough at the cup!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:55 pm

So they bet on the wrong horse?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:10 pm

Maybe. Did you contact security (if there were any around)?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:12 pm

I understand. No I didn't contact security if there were any. What's contact security if there were any like?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Tess wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:
Maybe. Did you contact security (if there were any around)?

I called 000 and told them.....

But to my surprise they then informed me of who I was and where I live all from their caller ID getting my mobile number. Funny how my number is hidden and the police could still get my number and all details.

yep and i have a silent home line and caller id is blocked, but they still have access. They need to incase your being attacked etc.

So, what did they say, apart from telling you who you were?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:36 pm

Tess I am alert but not alarmed Wink

No wait I am alarmed I have misplaced my bloody fridge magnet - doesnt' matter they know who we are anyway Wink
Eunos 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:39 pm

Tess, why are you surprised that they knew who you were, and where you were dialing from?
For me, thats just good policing.
Surely they know that their resources are thin and hoax calls can be made to push those resources away from the actual target(s).

I have no problem with the authorities having this capability.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:26 pm

call the cops too right!

ALL FORDS ARE BOMBS!

Wink

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:07 am

lmao at Cam

You are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:12 am

Gee, I dont like it at all Tess. I'm a dark skinned Aussie, being born in Sri Lanka and if I'm pushing my car as a result of running out of petrol or the car breaking down, I would MUCH rather that you offered to actually help me (as I would do to another person) than ring security authorities based on suspicion solely on the way I look and present after my accident of birth. THAT is utter prejudice of the highest order whatever way you look at it Tess. This right winged Howard led culture of suspicion is only going to CAUSE more racial problems and tensions in soceity than solving anything if it promotes attitudes like this. I HATE these looks of suspicion that I'm suddenly getting now after living in Australia for over 40 years!!
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:17 pm

Lazza wrote:
Gee, I dont like it at all Tess. I'm a dark skinned Aussie, being born in Sri Lanka and if I'm pushing my car as a result of running out of petrol or the car breaking down, I would MUCH rather that you offered to actually help me (as I would do to another person) than ring security authorities based on suspicion solely on the way I look and present after my accident of birth. THAT is utter prejudice of the highest order whatever way you look at it Tess. This right winged Howard led culture of suspicion is only going to CAUSE more racial problems and tensions in soceity than solving anything if it promotes attitudes like this. I HATE these looks of suspicion that I'm suddenly getting now after living in Australia for over 40 years!!

Lazza, as Tess said, the car didn't have number plates either, so it wasn't just the fact they were pushing it, but it was suspicious for many reasons.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:22 pm

Tess wrote:
Yeah but your a good looking "dark skinned Aussie"

Thanks Tess Laughing Embarassed

Tess wrote:
Seriously though I must admit if it had off been three "Cath and Kym" types would I have been so alarmed? I honestly don't know.

With the lack of number plates and the (badly)hand drawn aussie flag and being outside one of the major targets in Melbourne. It just all added up to "be concerned".

Like it or Lazza we don't see many blue eyes blondies becoming terrorists,.

Except for David Hicks, McPhee and a few others I guess.......... Twisted Evil

Tess wrote:
just wait until you next go to the footy..... full body cavity search is waiting for you.

Oh well, that's true! The very funny part is that these searches are usually carried out by dudes who look FAR more suspicious than me Razz I still think it is SO sad that we have this incredible culture of suspicion promoted so heavily these days... Crying or Very sad Such is life Exclamation
Eunos 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:13 pm

Some may remember me relating this story, but I shall do so again.

Sydney Olympics 2000.
First day into the "Olympic precinct". Bags checked, opened and actual contents moved around. Any beeping of security barriers saw a full body scan.
4th day in "Olympic Precinct". Myself and the wife look totally Aussie, despite her being French born to Italian/French parents. We get waved straight in. No bag check, no body scan, no need to even go through the scanners!

Now, who's to say that i have not been converted to a cause. A cause that I believe can only be advanced by my killing as many people as I can.

Just because I look anglo-saxon is no guarantee that you are safe.

Please remember that. I hope our security forces do.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:48 pm

That is so true Eunos!!

Hubby and I get pit passes to the MotoGP, so whilst everyone else lines up to have bags checked we just sail on in with ours - no questions asked - because we are both white anglosaxon - that seems ridiculous
Rolling Eyes

Talking to many of the clinicians and lab staff at work - the only place these days they don't feel stared at and uncomfortable is work - because being a Western Health service - the racial mix is very broad.

One of the female blood bank scientists - who happens to be a muslim - has been spat on and had numerous food items pelted at her from cars.

That is very sad because when it boils down to it she is a very decent human being and quite frankly one of the most honest and hard working people you could meet - committed to saving lives - not the opposite - like the radical morons who carry out such hideous violence in the name of their religion

Being of Irish decent - I have lost several family members due to differences in religious preference and those that remain are suspicious of others of different religious beliefs

Surely this is not we want for this country - to grow up with such ingrained prejudices - not all muslims are terrorists - every "group" has it's loose cannons - and most certainly they do - I refuse to believe that the majority of Muslim people support these imbeciles
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:35 pm

I guess maybe its a case of too many people confuse "all terrorists are muslim" (which isn't even true obviously, although most of the well-publicised organiztions are) with "all muslims are terrorist"..... I can't understand what leads people to spit on and abuse muslims, often women.... (how soft is that?) when the majority of muslims have no connection with terrorist organizations or terrorist sympathies. It is a sad state of affairs but I don't agree that the government is to blame, it is simply, let's face it, not particularly intelligent people who read a few lines in a newspaper and start suspecting everyone who isn't white.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: