Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

National Day Of Protest Nov 15

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i took photos from the intersection of Victoria St (or is it pde? always confused on that) and Latrobe street.....was amazing to see the throng of peaceful marchers coming up as far as the eye could see.

When i download them, i'll put them on here.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:42 pm
Post subject: Tony Abbot’s new workplace agreement blue print;Reply with quote

Received this as an email.

SICK DAYS:
Employers will no longer accept a doctor's certificate as proof of sickness.
If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to go to work.

SURGERY:
Operations are now banned. As long as you are an employee, you need all your organs. You should not consider removing anything. You were employed intact. To have something removed constitutes a breach of employment.

PERSONAL DAYS:
Each employee will receive 104 personal days each year. They are called "Saturday" and "Sunday".

HOLIDAY DAYS:
All employees will take their annual leave at the same time every year. The annual leave days are as follows: Good Friday, & December 25.

BEREAVEMENT LEAVE:
Bereavement is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for your dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have non-employees attend to the arrangements. In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early, provided your share of the work is done.

ABSENCE DUE TO YOUR OWN DEATH:
This will be accepted as an excuse. However, at least two weeks notice is required, as it is your duty to train your own replacement.

TOILET USE:
Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilets. In future, we will follow the practice of going in alphabetical order. For instance, all employees whose names begin with "A" will go from 8:00 to 8:20; employees whose names begin with "B" will go from 8:20 to 8:40; and so on. If you are unable to go at your allotted time, it will be necessary to wait until the next day when your turn comes again. In addition, there is now a strict, 3-minute time limit inside the stalls. At the end of 3 minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, and the stall door will open.

LUNCH BREAKS:
a) Skinny People. Skinny people get 1 hour for lunch, as they need to eat more so they can look healthy.
b) Middleweight People. Middleweight people get 30 minutes for lunch, so they can get a balanced meal to maintain their average figures.
c) Fat People. Fat people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time they need to drink a Diet Pepsi & take a diet pill.

DRESS CODE:
It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If you are wearing a pair of $350.00 Nike running shoes & carrying a $600.00 Gucci bag, it will be assumed that you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a job.

THANK YOU for your loyalty to the Liberal Party. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternations, or input should be directed elsewhere.

BTW, I am also anti-union. I'm of the belief that you answer to whoever pays your wages. Once the unions start doing that, then maybe I'll change my opinion, but until then, FARGEM!

Hooked
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:58 pm

Assassin wrote:
Crying or Very sad boo hoo what a crock of shit , I would be amazed if more than 1.5% of the bludgers who roamed the streets this afternoon would have even READ the changes.

If you're good at what you do you will be laughing. If you're one of the useless morons who've been bludging off the system , take , take , take ....well , the wheel has turned you WILL be exposed.

Typical reaction from an arrogant Employer. Evil or Very Mad THIS is the type of "up yourself" Tory crap that boils the blood of the workers. Mad If you think that the wheel has turned, think again dude. The giant has only just woken up.........the comradeship and loyalty shown at today's huge rallies will spread real soon and unite ALL the workers. Finally the sillier employers might yet learn that their greatest asset are the workers who should be well looked after, not pissed on from a great height by arrogant employers. Evil or Very Mad
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:12 am

Lazza don't think it is an up yourself thing at all...work ethics...thats all it comes down to...

If someone has good work ethics then they come to work...not take every second monday off because their kid is sick...they are sick...they look after their husband/wife because they are sick...

THAT is a crock of shit!!!! I am not an "employer" but at least i can see some people rort the system... I am neither for or against all the changes...some i like some i don't...im neither way...and i understand those strongly opposing them...but i have a work ethic and I would like some others to get them also...

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:58 am

Assassin wrote:
Crying or Very sad boo hoo what a crock of shit , I would be amazed if more than 1.5% of the bludgers who roamed the streets this afternoon would have even READ the changes..

Assassin, contrary to your believe, many of us are educated and do read the changes. Have you read the changes? do you know where to find it?

Gosh, i do.....i'd post it here, but i'd really like to see if others know how to find this information so that they can be fully INFORMED.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:00 am

Assassin wrote:
Crying or Very sad boo hoo what a crock of shit , I would be amazed if more than 1.5% of the bludgers who roamed the streets this afternoon would have even READ the changes..

Assassin, contrary to your believe, many of us are educated and do read the changes. Have you read the changes? do you know where to find it?

Gosh, i do.....i'd post it here, but i'd really like to see if others know how to find this information so that they can be fully INFORMED.

By the way, have you read the Workplace Relations Act? Do you know where to find a copy? I've read it. I have a copy.

Madness, I have a strong work ethic. I mentioned earlier that now with my diabeties i do take sick leave when i'm sick, however, there are times when my medication has side effects that i can't control, but i'm not sick, on those days, i actually work from home. When i do this, i actually put in more time, as I don't have 2 hour travelling time a day. It's a give and take situation with my Boss and neither of us abuse this.

Having said that, i'm still a strong unionist and will stand up for the rights of those who are unable to stand up for themselves.

CP 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 am

Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Yep under the new laws you would have to attend to a doctor. Maybe doctor howlong.

I am an employee now not an employer no more.

Your right about happy workers. Start shafting them they will shaft you.

Howard is all about pushing us down the American system, more working poor.

Is that completely true though? Isn't it up to each business to decide what is suitable for their business? Not all cases will involve an employer making such demands.

Correct. It's only the workplaces that promote fear and greed that will be the pin-up boys for the reasons that all those folk protested for.

The smart employers will actually be forced to look after their employees and create favourable conditions and workplaces in order to ensure that their employees feel secure enough to put effort into work.

Which means that we could actually see an INCREASE in conditions...not the decrease that the "soon to be out of a free ride junket whilst we promote fear and live off the spoils" trade unions are espousing.

How many trade union officials actually live North of the Yarra these days anyway?
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:47 am

Well, the protest has come and gone and with great relief, it was NON violent.

So what next?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 am

eddies bank balance wrote:
Well, the protest has come and gone and with great relief, it was NON violent.

So what next?

700 Days to go, it's a long fight and everyone knows that.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:29 am

CP wrote:
Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Yep under the new laws you would have to attend to a doctor. Maybe doctor howlong.

I am an employee now not an employer no more.

Your right about happy workers. Start shafting them they will shaft you.

Howard is all about pushing us down the American system, more working poor.

Is that completely true though? Isn't it up to each business to decide what is suitable for their business? Not all cases will involve an employer making such demands.

Correct. It's only the workplaces that promote fear and greed that will be the pin-up boys for the reasons that all those folk protested for.

The smart employers will actually be forced to look after their employees and create favourable conditions and workplaces in order to ensure that their employees feel secure enough to put effort into work.

Which means that we could actually see an INCREASE in conditions...not the decrease that the "soon to be out of a free ride junket whilst we promote fear and live off the spoils" trade unions are espousing.

How many trade union officials actually live North of the Yarra these days anyway?

All workers need strong and dedicated advocates to help them protect and maintain decent working conditions without being bullied or hassled by the powerful employers. You need a good balance between the rights of the two parties, not have it lop sided towards one party where it sets the scene for absolute power to corrupt absolutely. Unionism is essential as far as I'm concerned to be offered as a choice to employees. The unions help you stick to the fight when a worker is hardest hit and when things go wrong, they help you not to quit.

My favourite quote on this issue is " Once you realise that people are your greatest asset and start treating them as an investment and not a cost, it changes everyone's behaviour". Never a truer statement made.....
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:51 am

Assassin wrote:
Crying or Very sad boo hoo what a crock of shit , I would be amazed if more than 1.5% of the bludgers who roamed the streets this afternoon would have even READ the changes.

If you're good at what you do you will be laughing. If you're one of the useless morons who've been bludging off the system , take , take , take ....well , the wheel has turned you WILL be exposed.

Roamed the streets? Funny stuff. The police should have arrested everyone for Vagrancy as well.

Facism is alive and well in this country with views like yours. Top stuff.
CP 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:55 am

That's your choice and fair enough.

The beauty of this land is that we all have choice...unless of course, if you work in a business or industry that is held by the knackers by a trade union.

Then the "choice" of it all goes out the window.

Ironic really.

If the Unions want credibility, they should stop being more corrupt than the evil employers they scare their members into believing they are protecting them against.

If a small percentage of the workforce rally in the streets, don't underestimate the silent majority that is watching from the window or loungeroom all the while unsure of whether the unions are fair dinkum or not. When they stop taking people for idiots, then they'll understand that they hold no weight in the broader opinion of society.

Big on Slogans, light on substance.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:03 pm

CP you are correct about choice. Many at the rally yesterday are not part of a union. Many people from all parts of society. While many people in this country are apathetic and she'll be right mate. There are just as many who feel it won't be.

Choice is all about rights as well, whether you’re for or against these policies.

You also state "Unions should stop being corrupt". I suggest they are no more corrupt than politicians, police and people in general.
CP 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:32 pm

Agree.

Its just that we know that the Pollies & Police are corrupt.

Trade Unions however, are the worst kind of corrupt. They create then prey on the fear of their members, then disable businesses and livlihoods to justify it.

No different to the Mafia and other organised crime cultures.

I appreciate that many didn't belong to unions and I also encourage and celebrate the notion of freedom to protest.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:46 pm

They prey on fear? What does the Howard Government do?

Corruption is corruption no matter which people are involved. To compare today’s Unions to the Mafia is laughable.

When Unions had picket lines and fought for a 40 hour week etc Union people got their heads busted open by the police as they were Anti-Government and when they won their rights after a hard fought campaign. All the Union haters put their hands out for the rights they won.

If people hate Unions so much they should work 80 hours a week, no penalty rates, public holidays, without superannuation, health and safety, exploitation, racism, sexism and the list rolls on. .

You fail to see what you would have without them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: