Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

National Day Of Protest Nov 15

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit I am sure you and I are not that much unalike, yes I am a Union Hater, I was in one and hevily involved until i saw first hand what the unions stood for, you talk about the breakdown of families I have seen more disinigrate because of a unions point of view than that of any governments IR reforms. They are scum lower than John Howard or any political party as far as I am concerned.

I am not talking about locking people up for withdrawing their labour, that is not what the transport workers are doing at all, they are still attending their jobs and their work duties they have stated that they will not be checking tickets, therefor allowing people to travel free on public transport to protest. That in my view is gross misconduct and a failure to perform their duties as an employee. I would have absolutly no problem at all if they withdrew their labour completely by striking in protest but that is not what they are doing. It is just another typical way that unions think that they can break the law by allowing it's members to neglect their job descriptions, it is corruption. If they were fair dinkum then they would be advising them to stand down as a protest rather than take thwe action they are currently taking. It starts with the allowance of breaking the law just a little then the before you know it police are being abused, then punched then kicked then low and behold lets smash some windows, then hey lets smash the doors of parliament house.....hmmmmm ...nahhh that would never happen in Australia.....nahhhhh

Cheers

Last edited by Northern Pie on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:57 am

How much would you pay for it?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:58 am

Well we both follow Collingwood. lol

I have been involved as well. Now I am on contract and left to the mercy of my employer I see it all different.

I hope it's a peaceful protest and just a lot of people.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 am

How do you like that?
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:16 am

I hope so to culprit, I may be in oppostion to the Unions and suspicious of their motives but I am certainly in favour of peoples right to protest! I am not that right wing!

Cheers

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:17 am

May I add that it has been great debating issues with someone who hasn't turned it into a personal slanging match as well...

cheers

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:21 am

If only others can debate issues the same.lol

I come from a Political family, seen it all. The good and the bad, always had the view once it gets personal it means you have lost the argument.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:25 pm

Culprit wrote:
Free education wasn't it. Razz

...and as if that was going to last forever. Can you imagine the cost of education today if that was still going on? Mind boggling.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:46 pm

Joel wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Free education wasn't it. Razz

...and as if that was going to last forever. Can you imagine the cost of education today if that was still going on? Mind boggling.

The amount of tax we pay Joel it should be free. I would rather have my taxes go into a free education system than to the superannuation fund the politicians receive.

Having someone left out of an Education System simply because their parents don't have the $$$ is morally wrong.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:49 pm

I can imagine all sorts of things like that.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:27 pm

Culprit wrote:
Eunos wrote:
I think that we need to actually go through the things you will need to negotiate with your boss to understand this new legislation.
Let's do it!

1.) Public Holidays. Even Anzac day and Xmas day need to be negotiated.
2.) "Normal" days of work. No longer is Mon-Fri considered normal. You need to negotiate what days are included in your 38 hour week.
3.) Meal Break. Lunch/Dinner is no longer a right. It must be negotiated.
4.) 38 hour week. The 38 hour week can be "averaged" over 52 weeks. This means you may work 10 days in a row then 4 off, with no penalty rate applying.
5.) "Normal" hours. Can now be considered normal any time in the 24 hours of a day, 7 days a week. No penalty rates apply.
6.) Sick Pay. Will now require a doctors certificate for any day taken sick. The doctors hate it as they cannot handle the workload. And of course you will have to pay for the certificate.
7.) Unfair dismissal. Apart from the "less than 100 employees" clause, it now appears that a company can dismiss you without recourse, if they have "operational" reasons. Means no company in Australia will ever face unfair dismissal cases ever again.
8.) Fair Pay Tribunal. Replaces the industrial commission to set minimum wage. As the newly appointed head of this tribunal has already stated that "God will guide him" I fear the poor will get poorer. Add to this the fact that the tribunal will take into account "what is best for Australia's international position" and I KNOW the poor will be screwed! Take a look at the 30 days program screening on 10. They tried to live on the minimum wage in the U.S., a wage that has not changed in 8 years. This is what we can expect in our future.

That list is just a start. Many more "potholes" for the worker to negotiate.

That's pretty much it in black & white. It's a pity peoples politcal bias see pass these simple issues.

Yep, i thought Eunos' post captured pretty much what we should all be worried about.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:05 pm

A huge crowd. A police officer I talked to said 150000 people minimum as they stretched from Federation Square to the Gardens.

No Violence and one protester needed first aid due to a suspected heart attack. The police and Ambos reacted quickly and people made way for them to help the person.

It was the biggest peacefull protest I have seen and Tess I was looking for you with a Gatorade cap on. Razz
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:48 pm

11 high price lawyers to write this bill..

$55 million of taxpayers money to sell it (more than the combined spending of both parties on the federal election campaign).

Rushed through parliment.

I'm a proud member of a union and attended the rally this morning and will be docked 2 hours pay because of it.

"Work Choices"!! pffft. I choose to belong to a union, I choose collective bargaining, I choose NEVER to sign an AWA.

This government is a disgrace, Howard promised not to abuse his majority in the senate and that is exactly what he is doing. This is not about what is good for workers, for the economy or any other bullshit that weasel craps on about... this is soley an attack on the working class, an attack on unions.

One thing is for sure politicians will never have to sign an AWA and give up their expensive perks.

And Northern Pie, Here is the MAIN difference between you and me. I dont put up with crap just because it is foistered upon me by some extremely dishonest and untrustworthy Tory politician. I joined my many comrades and happily marched to voice my opinion alongside thousands of others. Life is time, its all we got, too short to fritter and waste on bad policy that only helps divide a great nation such as Australia instead of bringing us much closer together. Very bad policy is like very bad wine, you dont HAVE to drink it just because it is served up to you on a shiny silver plate and advertised for 55 million. I would much rather chuck it back at the rotten winemaker... Evil or Very Mad
BTW, it was huge, extremely vocal, vibrant & energetic with a great vibe but peaceful in the Bendigo Rally.
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:54 pm

i joined the march today and the stage at carlton gardens,1 speaker said there was 265,000 ppl there today.
HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:56 pm

Was it a difficult decision?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: