Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

National Day Of Protest Nov 15

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 pm
Post subject: National Day Of Protest Nov 15Reply with quote

If you feel strongly about the New IR laws and are against any laws that take away your rights then I urge you to attend.

9.00am Federation Square. Finishes at 12pm after a walk up Swanston Street.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Protesting. lol. Smile
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:41 pm

Of course then again living in Canberra it's no wonder you find it amusing. Razz
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:07 pm

If unions didn't cripple business for minor BS, then I would think alot more highly of them.

Unions once tried to cripple a business of a family member of mine because that family member sacked a person who was not performing and regularly didn't turn up to work. They used a threatening manner to try and get their way. Is that fair?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:27 pm

I know many cases where employees have abused the system and their employer and have no sympathy for them. Even had it happen to me. Out of the 70 employees I have had I only had one bad one. I know many more employers who treat their staff like *hit and feel it’s your privilege to work for them. The new laws are simply laid down. Sign what your employer offers or leave and get another job.

Your right Joel and while you nominate one case I can nominate many where the employer has abused the worker. I have been on both sides and you need a balance. To give it all to the employer as Howard wants to is merely asking for the most vulnerable to be exploited. This is not just about unions which you may perceive; it will affect anyone on a wage. You cannot be asked to work for the same wage as a person earns in another country as Qantas is pushing for.

As far as the new IR laws go I will be better off. As far as my children who leave school and try to get the benefits that I have such as annual leave, leave loading etc they will be screwed by employers.

The politicians are not cutting back their rights or incomes with these new reforms, they will be cutting workers wages and conditions instead.

If you believ in Howards new system then good luck to you. I have been in the workforce 25 years and have seen more than you and the new laws are about cutting back your rights.

We work to Live, not live to work
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:47 pm

im a member of the AWU,and on monday november 14th at 7.30am at the Cold Mill CarPark at BHP in Hastings,off Bayview rd,theres a AWU community campaign helping to protect your wages and conditions and maintain the australian 'fair go',im thinking of going on monday morning,just to see what they have to say..
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:51 pm

How do you like your work?
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:30 pm

I've never been in the full-time workplace
I'm a fifth year uni student and have been working various casual/parttime jobs since i was 13.
you wanna hear about bad experiences?? talk to shitforbrains like me who get stuck at the bottom of the heap while getting sweet FA from the government, and then at the end of all that I'm gonna have a debt of approx $25k.
I recently got shafted from my job (in a cafe) cos I had to have a knee reco from a sporting injury - how exactly am I supposed to pay all those physio bills now?
These IR laws will only make it worse - everyone, not just the shitkickers at the bottom will have to be worried. Forget job security

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:32 pm

My daughter has been in the workforce for 5 years. and in all that time, she's been on contract employment. No sick leave, no annual leave, no public holidays...... 2 1/2 years working for Telstra under these conditions and 2 1/2 years working in her current position......all on the promise of 'permanent' jobs..... THIS is what your new working life will be like.

Families? who cares about families.......the power is going to be with the employer and if he wants you to work when he feels you need to work.....YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK IF YOU WANT YOUR JOB......however, he'll be at home with HIS/HER family!

As Culprit said....this is not only for our rights, but our children's rights and our families rights...if we're ever allowed to see them

Forget about parental leave.

And who says that the Business will still be a fair employer once they have all the power?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:47 pm

Culprit wrote:
Of course then again living in Canberra it's no wonder you find it amusing. Razz

OK I don't get it..... Confused
more a comment on protesting in general Culprit, but I still dislike unions all the same...

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:34 am

David from Canberra wrote:
Culprit wrote:

OK I don't get it..... Confused
more a comment on protesting in general Culprit, but I still dislike unions all the same...

Well I am not a member of any union and it's simply not about them. Dave if you honestly feel you have a fair advantage when you sit down to your employer to negotiate your income and conditions good luck to you.

Having visited Canberra many a time in my life for various reasons I can say it’s actually like visiting Mars. Full of Public Servants and Politicians in a manufactured city that no one in the world recognises as our capital.

I love people that hate unions, and at the same time take all the benefits that unions have given them over the years. Many people I know that have bagged unions non stop for 20 years have recently joined unions in fear of what Howard has in store for them.

I am not against any reform that gives a balance between worker and employer. Howard’s laws are fascism at its worst.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:46 am
Post subject: Re: National Day Of Protest Nov 15Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
If you feel strongly about the New IR laws and are against any laws that take away your rights then I urge you to attend.

and whats the bet it will turn violent? whats the bet 100 or more cops will be dressed in riot gear?

how about workers lay down tools, turn off computers and sit out the front of their work place, i bet you'd get better results than a walk up swanston st.

also, people in a work place are their own union if they put their heads together and think for each other.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:50 am

eddies bank balance wrote:
Culprit wrote:

and whats the bet it will turn violent? whats the bet 100 or more cops will be dressed in riot gear?

how about workers lay down tools, turn off computers and sit out the front of their work place, i bet you'd get better results than a walk up swanston st.

also, people in a work place are their own union if they put their heads together and think for each other.

Do you actually work in a job?
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:18 am

Culprit wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Do you actually work in a job?

Perhaps you should take a little more time in reading my post. (to actually understand a better alternative)

Yes I am working. (but taking a 3day sickie)

Also, i thought you'd disagree because you are an employer, i have been where you are, for six yrs i had my own business with at least 30 employee's.

If you're a fair employer, there shouldn't be a problem, but if you are a nasty employer, then take what you give!

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:19 am

Culprit wrote:

I have attended many rallies.....some with 200,000 people. I was at the last major rally in melbourne and never ONCE have i witnessed violence!

Sure, there are the rogue elements, those that turn up to every protest.....the so called 'peaceful activists' that turn up at detention centres and create the violence.

They generally don't turn up to these types of rallies (or if they do they are in smaller numbers) because it's generally WORKERS who are in these rallies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: