Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

National Day Of Protest Nov 15

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:22 am
Post subject: Re: National Day Of Protest Nov 15Reply with quote

eddies bank balance wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Culprit wrote:
If you feel strongly about the New IR laws and are against any laws that take away your rights then I urge you to attend.

9.00am Federation Square. Finishes at 12pm after a walk up Swanston Street.

and whats the bet it will turn violent? whats the bet 100 or more cops will be dressed in riot gear?

how about workers lay down tools, turn off computers and sit out the front of their work place, i bet you'd get better results than a walk up swanston st.

also, people in a work place are their own union if they put their heads together and think for each other.

Do you actually work in a job?

Perhaps you should take a little more time in reading my post. (to actually understand a better alternative)

Yes I am working. (but taking a 3day sickie)

Also, i thought you'd disagree because you are an employer, i have been where you are, for six yrs i had my own business with at least 30 employee's.

If you're a fair employer, there shouldn't be a problem, but if you are a nasty employer, then take what you give!

sickie.....hmmmm you won' t have that luxury anymore under the new changes...... CERTIFICATES EVEN FOR 1 DAY SICK, or NO PAY

I can honestly say i've never taken a sickie.... i find that mentally deplorable.

Last edited by Proud Pies on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
[quote="eddies bank balance"][quote="Culprit"]If you feel strongly about the New IR laws and are against any laws that take away your rights then I urge you to attend.

9.00am Federation Square. Finishes at 12pm after a walk up Swanston Street.[/quote]

and whats the bet it will turn violent? whats the bet 100 or more cops will be dressed in riot gear?

how about workers lay down tools, turn off computers and sit out the front of their work place, i bet you'd get better results than a walk up swanston st.

also, people in a work place are their own union if they put their heads together and think for each other.[/quote]

I have attended many rallies.....some with 200,000 people. I was at the last major rally in melbourne and never ONCE have i witnessed violence!

Sure, there are the rogue elements, those that turn up to every protest.....the so called 'peaceful activists' that turn up at detention centres and create the violence.

They generally don't turn up to these types of rallies (or if they do they are in smaller numbers) because it's generally WORKERS who are in these rallies.
Oh those people.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:25 am

Now, having said all I have so far..........due to personal reasons, i won't be able to attend the rally....and i'm a staunch trade unionist and firmly believe in it. It will be the first rally I haven't attended. My union and friends and comrades are aware of my reasons and support me in them, yet i still feel hypocrital....

I just wish i could attend.

eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:35 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Culprit wrote:
If you feel strongly about the New IR laws and are against any laws that take away your rights then I urge you to attend.

9.00am Federation Square. Finishes at 12pm after a walk up Swanston Street.

also, people in a work place are their own union if they put their heads together and think for each other.

I have attended many rallies.....some with 200,000 people. I was at the last major rally in melbourne and never ONCE have i witnessed violence!

Sure, there are the rogue elements, those that turn up to every protest.....the so called 'peaceful activists' that turn up at detention centres and create the violence.

They generally don't turn up to these types of rallies (or if they do they are in smaller numbers) because it's generally WORKERS who are in these rallies.

I believe the topic is "protest" not rally. A big difference but I'm sure you will merge them.

eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:42 am

[/quote]

sickie.....hmmmm you won' t have that luxury anymore under the new changes...... CERTIFICATES EVEN FOR 1 DAY SICK, or NO PAY

I can honestly say i've never taken a sickie.... i find that mentally deplorable.[/quote]

I'm on casual rate so i dont get paid with or without a cert.

..and when i was an employer, i loved employee's such as yourself, who would never take a sickie, made me more money Twisted Evil

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:56 am

I can honestly say i've never taken a sickie.... i find that mentally deplorable.[/quote]

..and when i was an employer, i loved employee's such as yourself, who would never take a sickie, made me more money Twisted Evil[/quote]

Nope, i never take a sickie......if i'm off, i'm genuinly sick with a certificate......the many years i spent in the defence forces 'encouraged' me to turn up no matter how sick you are......although now i'm diabetic, i do take sick leave, as i said, with a certificate, because i'm genuinly sick.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:03 am

Yep under the new laws you would have to attend to a doctor. Maybe doctor howlong.

I am an employee now not an employer no more.

Your right about happy workers. Start shafting them they will shaft you.

Howard is all about pushing us down the American system, more working poor.
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:46 am

Proud Pies wrote:

I can honestly say i've never taken a sickie.... i find that mentally deplorable.

..and when i was an employer, i loved employee's such as yourself, who would never take a sickie, made me more money Twisted Evil[/quote]

Nope, i never take a sickie......if i'm off, i'm genuinly sick with a certificate......the many years i spent in the defence forces 'encouraged' me to turn up no matter how sick you are......although now i'm diabetic, i do take sick leave, as i said, with a certificate, because i'm genuinly sick.[/quote]

You would turn up for work no matter how sick you were because it made you feel good???? How pathetic!!!! I employed people to attend to the 'aged and disabled' some very frail, most with weakened immune systems, you would be jeopardizing their health due to your ignorance….and you call yourself proud….!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:52 am

Culprit wrote:
David from Canberra wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Of course then again living in Canberra it's no wonder you find it amusing. Razz

OK I don't get it..... Confused

Having visited Canberra many a time in my life for various reasons I can say it’s actually like visiting Mars. Full of Public Servants and Politicians in a manufactured city that no one in the world recognises as our capital.

ok, I'll admit there are a lot of public servants in canberra but that is not to say that everyone here is like that. As for politicians I've lived in canberra 17 years and probably met one politician, I assumed they all lived somewhere else :p ok I'll admit if I had a choice I'd prefer to live in Melbourne, but Canberra isnt all bad, its a strangely unique city for some good reasons as well as bad. I don't really understand when people have a go at me cos I'm 'from Canberra'.... doesnt really give me any special benefits or anything that I can see :p

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 am

lol, not having a go at your personally. It's a strange place as you said. Razz
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:01 am

Smile
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:04 am

Proud Pies wrote:

..and when i was an employer, i loved employee's such as yourself, who would never take a sickie, made me more money Twisted Evil

Nope, i never take a sickie......if i'm off, i'm genuinly sick with a certificate......the many years i spent in the defence forces 'encouraged' me to turn up no matter how sick you are......although now i'm diabetic, i do take sick leave, as i said, with a certificate, because i'm genuinly sick.[/quote]

You would turn up for work no matter how sick you were because it made you feel good???? How pathetic!!!! I employed people to attend to the 'aged and disabled' some very frail, most with weakened immune systems, you would be jeopardizing their health due to your ignorance….and you call yourself proud….![/quote]

Eddie, have another read of my post......i said when i was in the Defence Force we were made to do that, in fact, you had to turn up to work, then head off to Sick Parade and if you were on death's door, you got sick leave, but you had to go back to work and have that processed before you could go home. If you weren't on death's door, you were sent back to work. Also if you were too sick to turn up for that, they sent an ambulance, now, i have been out of the Defence Force for 19 years...........i also said that i take sick leave now WITH A CERTIFICATE because i'm genuinly sick. Not once did i say it made me feel good to turn up for work when i was genuinly sick.

Speaking of ignorance and selective reading .......

Last edited by Proud Pies on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:06 am

Yes, it is a very strange place, have you noticed there is F.A graffiti?

Oh and i think Canberra is the capital of round-a-bouts.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:07 am

Yes that was a bit unfair and selective reading. If I am sick I don't work. In an office if someone comes in crook everyone gets crook.
eddies bank balance 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:21 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

Nope, i never take a sickie......if i'm off, i'm genuinly sick with a certificate......the many years i spent in the defence forces 'encouraged' me to turn up no matter how sick you are......although now i'm diabetic, i do take sick leave, as i said, with a certificate, because i'm genuinly sick.

You would turn up for work no matter how sick you were because it made you feel good???? How pathetic!!!! I employed people to attend to the 'aged and disabled' some very frail, most with weakened immune systems, you would be jeopardizing their health due to your ignorance….and you call yourself proud….![/quote]

Eddie, have another read of my post......i said when i was in the Defence Force we were made to do that, in fact, you had to turn up to work, then head off to Sick Parade and if you were on death's door, you got sick leave, but you had to go back to work and have that processed before you could go home. If you weren't on death's door, you were sent back to work. Also if you were too sick to turn up for that, they sent an ambulance, now, i have been out of the Defence Force for 19 years...........i also said that i take sick leave now WITH A CERTIFICATE because i'm genuinly sick. Not once did i say it made me feel good to turn up for work when i was genuinly sick.

Speaking of ignorance and selective reading .......[/quote]

3 edits? would you like to add more or remove?

PP, you boasted about the navy and then said this "I can honestly say i've never taken a sickie.... i find that mentally deplorable".

you can't change history so, stop justifying your ealier actions and get off ya high horse.

BACK on topic please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: