Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SURELY PLAY THE YOUTH THIS WEEK

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 4:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

JLC, We got Josh Fraser because we came last.
Even if we lost this weekend we will not come last.
You guys are always going on about getting a winning culture
yet now you are saying it's OK to lose.
I say play the best team possible - kids, whoever but WIN!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:09 am

Here, here Stik35.
WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:40 am

Playing the kids will still give us a great chance of winning. From what i saw last week we need some more enthusiasm in the team that can be provided by playing younger players.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:09 pm

Let the kids play this week??
Are you serious?
So the poor pricks get promoted , even if they are not in form, even if they are recovering from injury, to play in a team that is down on confidence, against a team with something to prove.
Add to that let's make them travel to the game, maybe a new experience for some, then let them play at some dinky interstate ground that possibly is not up to standard, risk of injury?
Then when they don't perform what will they see on this and other forums?? Why "sack so and so, he'll never make it" or "why did we play this dud?"

Leave the kids to develop at the pace the coach wants.

-Craig
(ready for the "flaming")

FAITH

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 5:29 pm

Scotland is ready

Tuckey is ready

Ryan Lonie was thrown in at the deep end and he thrived on the challenge. Throw the challenge to the kids and they will respond.

APA

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:17 am

I agree with JLC that we need some freshness in the team this week. However, I do not believe that it does not matter if we win or lose. I believe the policy at the club(even when we came last) is WIN WIN WIN. Draft picks really are of no consequence. I would like to see us finish just out of the 8 this year. I would like to see some of these young boys get a game to. However, i do not believe that any changes will be made. I do think Tarks will be rested again as he is not needed. I would like to see Scotty come in for Dimma, and Johnson come in for Betheras. Some young fresh legs and minds may help us get over the line against the poos.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 7:17 am

F**K I hope we get last draft pick next year!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 9:28 pm

Lets see Scotland and Tuckey both played today and we disposed of the Kangaroos with a minimum of fuss. Its a pity Scotland wasnt given a go earlier in the season like he was today.

APA

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 3:24 am

I think Tuckey struggled yesterday but it was fantastic to see Heath have a great game. He deserved his place in the team and I hope he can keep pushing for a spot in the senior side next year.

GO PIES!

Marg

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:49 am

Yes we won. Yes Tuckey and Scotland played.
They did not add much to the sum total of the team effort.
Unfortunately I think we've seen their last games in Black & White.
It seemed to me that they were given a bit of a token opportunity in the last game. If a trade can be organised I think they are on the expendable list. I don't what will happen if no club wants to trade for them. I suspect they will be delisted but it probably depends on who else is traded and whether their "type" is in sort supply after trades.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:53 am

They aint going to delist Scotland Scotland is a player we must keep. However if we went to trade him there would be at least six clubs interested.

Tuckey could be traded to Fremantle, or Adelaid or the Bulldogs who all need marking forwards. Ledts face it Trent Bartlett could get a game at the Bulldogs

APA

rash 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:42 am

Mark T

Quote "They did not add much to the sum total of the team effort".

Along with Licuria, Scotland was the highest possession winner with 28 disposals and was named in Collingwoods best. I would regard that contibution as adding to the team effort.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:42 am

rash,
I know he played well but he did the same job "someone" has done all year. All I was saying or meant to say was that Scottland played a similar role to similar effect as others have. I think he is a good player too but I am convinced he has played his last game for the pies.
This is less a reflection of Heath than on how he is percieved by the selectors and the fact that runners who are not super quick are in good supply at Collingwood.

I agree JLC that there will be clubs interested. That is why he will be traded.

If I am wrong, then I wont be dissapointed. If I am right, then I will be glad for Heath to kick on at a new club as long as we get something of value in return.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:07 am

MarkT,

Give the guy his due credit: Scotland performed at senior level, which is NOT something that "someone has done each week all year".

And if this were the case, you should be even harsher on Tuckey, who yet again showed that he CANNOT perform at senior level. On three specific occasions he got both hands to a ball in front of him and could not hold it. Tarrant has been playing poorly, but when he gets into the game at least it DOES have an impact ( = 3 goals), whereas Tuckey had NONE.

Keep that in mind when you dismiss Scotland's VERY GOOD performance as simply a job someone else would do anyway.

(I hope that logic makes sense to other people. Looking back over it I'm not sure I completely follow it myself)

Broadie
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:31 am

Broadie, I agree with you about Tuckie. I was questioned earlier about Heath though so that is what I was commenting on.

I think Tuckey will go and hopefully for a trade but just as likely for free. I was happy with Scotland's game but I though it was nothing outstanding. He did all that was asked. Given North's midfield has been generally poor this year, apart from Grant (who didn't play) and Harvey and given that North looked disinterested in playing the game for the most part, I have discounted his effort somewhat. I also didn't thing he won many difficult possessions. Like I siad, he played well but I don't think he showed anythging to suggest we would be much worse off without him. Remember we have to give up players to get players.

I don't want to be part of get Scotland cruisade (not that there is one) so I won't say any more on the matter than I don;'t think he will play at Collingwood next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: