Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SURELY PLAY THE YOUTH THIS WEEK

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:13 pm
Post subject: SURELY PLAY THE YOUTH THIS WEEKReply with quote

As our year is over why not play the following:

B. Tuckey
H. Scotland
J. Cloke
A. Didak
R. Shaw
D. Adkins

Even if we win this week it will prove nothing. The lower we finish the better in terms of the draft.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exactly what ive been saying.
lose the last game, wont hurt, not like were gonna make finals, finish as low as we can, give the willy boys a go, and we get better draft picks if we finish low.

~BANGER JR~
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:41 pm

They should play whoever gives us the best chance of winning.
Forget losing to get draft picks, surely it's better to go out on a high if possible. Even that lousy year we finished bottom I still refuse to believe any of those games was lost intentionally.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:23 pm

Well if tried to go out on a high a few years ago we wouldnt have Josh Fraser would we ??

Sure i want us to win but i would rather give the young kids a taste of senior footy and give them something to look forward to for the next year.

APA

d9 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:43 pm

Yeah,
I'm not sure about deliberately lose the game for draft picks (as it is, we really can only finish one spot lower, is that gonna make a difference given the three bottm teams have the first 6 picks) but I do agree with your sentiments inplaying the young guys. Lets see how they stand up to the pressure. Both team lost, they will both wanna go out on a high. Mick will be looking to take one positive out of the year in that at least (if we win) we didn;t lose more games than we won.
Tell me about Nick Stone. I heard, from a reliable source (they all are) that he is being earmarked for a key defensive post. I read all the TRADE talk in the other 'topic' and didn;t quite agree with some of it. But that's neither here nor there. The reasin I ask about Stone is cause I think thats where we really fall down at times.
Now you could probably say I'm saying this 'cause of yesterday but, we really had no one to take on the best tall forwards, now do we. Take Whitnall for instance, or Carey, or Holland, or Grant, or whoever you want (read Richardson, Ottens, Tredrea, Tarrant- Oops) but who do we really have, no, not him, I mean really have that you would say, oh play him on the above.
I've read over the weeks about how we missed Pavlich etc, and quite frankly they are all right. We do need a good quality CHB. Richardson, as good as he is, isn;t in that great CHB mould and besides, surely we need to be grooming someone. Tell me about Cloke, is he a CHB, or more a forward. I hear you talking about Wakelin but he ain't much chop.
Our backline is like Sav Rocca at North. See, put him in position of being the third forward, and he is gonna kick goals. IE, Carey takes the best backman, McKernan the next, and ol' Sav would beat most, if not all the thrid backmans. So he will start kicking some goals at North.
So go, who goes to the Willi games often enough to have a say?
Whats West like BTW, not that he will play CHB.but....

D9

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:04 am

uhh... what's going on with johnson???

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:58 am

I'm sympathetic to the "play the kids" call. The thought of not trying our utmost to win the last game enrages me though. This attitude goes to the very heart of some of the debates on this forum.

We accept not winning far too easily. The mere fact that it is suggested and debated is evidence of that. Play the kids because they are our future AND they are good enough to get a game. Not because we are a bunch of lossers who accept mediocrity.

I want to se us destroy the Kangaroos. Go out on a high and hit next season full of enthusiasm.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:06 am

I think we should pick the best team we can this weekend and expect them to go as hard as they can against the Kangas. The bigger the margin we beat them by the better!

And as of season 2002 I don't think we should even be calling our team 'kids'. They've had two seasons under Malthouse now and there's no excuses for not playing good quality football. If they want to play seniors football then they have to fight for their position, we're past the days of "giving the kids a run". We should be picking our team for one reason and the players should be running out on the ground for one reason - TO WIN!

Our team is still learning and growing but it's no longer an excuse and I'm sure our boys know that.

And as for trying to finish lower to get better draft picks? - Give me a big WIN anyday!

GO PIES!

Marg

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:11 am

theres no way mick would go out and plan to lose. to even suggest we should is an insult. the idea of footy is to win and to try and win is what they will be doing.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:11 am

the great thing abt this year..is the team was clearly playing to malthouse's game plan..next year will be great..i want us to win this week..leon to kick 6

pure magic...
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:32 pm

Here here MargOZ. Well said.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:01 pm

By your theory Marg we wouldnt have Josh Fraser.........so i will stick to my theory

APA

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:30 pm

I'm not talking about the past JLC, I'm saying that should be our policy for the future. And we should still definitely draft any great kids we can get hold of, but our current players are no longer kids and need to prove that they deserve to play senior football.

I think the players you mentioned are great but Mick must have his reasons for not playing them. Personally, I'd love to see them step up and fight for a senior position.

But regardless of whether it's the first game of the season or the last - our number one aim has to be to win.

GO PIES!

Marg

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:05 pm

Give the kids a go......

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:31 am

You don't think we should pick our best possible team, try our hardest to win our last game of the season and go out on a high???

GO PIES!

Marg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: