Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trades

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade Roop, Lane and Kinnear for Ben Cousins

~BANGER JR~
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:48 pm

Licuira has to go.

His general kicking is appalling. I watched him during the warm up and he didn't hit one target!

A windy day is the true indication of a player’s ability to kick, and today he was largely ineffective.

His statistics are interesting. 14 handballs and 4 kicks. Has he been told to stop kicking because of the turnovers he creates?

He could attract a quality player. Other clubs/supporters overrate his worth.

Heath Black has to be a target or exchange for him. He has silky skills and is the answer to the third midfielder we need.

Sure it is great that Paul gets a lot of ball but it is useless if he can't kick. It will take ages for him to correct his kicking style and hence there is more benefit in exchanging for a player who finds targets.

His other skill is that he is a good tagger. There has to be a decision made, do we persist with three taggers in Dimitina, Steinfort and Licuira. Or play players who actually find targets and set up plays in Scotland and Didak?

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:43 pm

What is the point of all this trade talk? It is so unproductive and is brought up in nearly every second post. It is getting rather monotonous. On the whole I think they did a great job this year. Do you really think the powers that be give a toss about our opinions? Leave it up to them, theoretically they are the experts and know what they are doing and if they don't, well there is not a lot we can do about it. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective, their futures are not in our hands.

Save your passion for urging the existing players to end this year with a bang and not a whimper.

The wait is almost over.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:58 pm

I must say, Rohan, using Dermie to back up any argument is fraught with danger. He is pretty good at stating the obvious and over analysing it or repeating on MMM what he hears on TV. Unfortunately he couldn't judge a footballer or a team to save himself. Look at what he said at the start of the year about Collingwood and what he says now. If trots out that 1 year ahead of schedule 1 more time I'll puke. He said we will be crap and he is wrong. He fundamentally missjudged the quality of our young guns and he has no idea about Presti.
I agree he doesn't run off his oponent but I don't care. Let the runners run and the spoilers spoil. Tall, strong running players are rare and you won't get one cheap.
In the context of our list, Presti is indespensible. I'd swap him for someone like Gaspar but that is not gonna happen. Name a defender as tall who is reliable and runs off his oponent. Even Gaspar is not as big. The funny thing is, Rich is the closest thing to Presti in terms of size and reliability. Ben Holland has been ok this year but I don't rate him (admitadely I haven't seen a lot of him).

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:56 pm

or maybe lica for ben cousins

~BANGER JR~
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:12 am

If we got Ban Cousins for Lica there would be a Royal Commission in WA and it bwoyuld end with the entire WCE board and football adminstration being institutionalised. They are not in same class.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 4:08 am

the hun today had an article by mike gleeson about c'wood's possible trades.

untouchable - buckley, fraser, tarrant, nick davis, didak, o'bree
5 star trade - burns (same category as willo last year)
3 star trade - betheras
1 star trade - scotland, lane, wasley, tuckey, ukovic

what's needed - key defender, midfielder and backup ruckman.

they also listed the options for brisbane, geelong and fremantle (I assume they'll do the others later in the week) and from their lists, there are a few attractive options:

clark keating (brisbane) - would be a fantastic but expensive pickup. we've done alright out of brissy, i.e. bucks, molloy, OB. this one would cost us big time - no less than burns, and maybe a few others.

heath black (freo) - if he becomes anything like his brother, he'll be the ideal partner for OB. also done OK from freo, i.e. jimmy, brodie. maybe for rupe as he's from WA.

peter street (geelong) - beanpole, reminds me of spider burton, but could be a nice ruck option and would cost less than keating or everitt. cats might need a forward like tuckey.

of course, the likes of solomon, everitt, etc are still priority options.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:13 am

The Blacks arnt brothers. Heath grew up in Melbourne and went to my school. Simon is from W.A.

Heath is all class and would compliment our midfield

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: