Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trades

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:49 pm
Post subject: TradesReply with quote

Our List.

Untouchables:

Buckley, Nick Davis, Fraser, Tarrant, Clement, Molloy, Rocca, O’Bree, Lonie, Didak, Leon Davis

Safe:

Steinfort, Wakelin, Adkins, Richardson, Rintoul, Freeborn, Holland, Burns, Lockyer

Lucky to stay:

Lane, Ukovic, Tuckey, Scotland, Kinnear – all good VFL players but have struggled to make an impact at senior level. Should be retained to bolster our depth of middle range players.

Potential Trades:

Johnson – All things being equal he will be unlucky to be traded. Have enough of this type of player and his kicking lets him down. Other clubs exaggerates his value.

Prestigicamo – Should be only swapped if we can attract a tallish or key position players for him, i.e. Everitt, Clem Michael or Solomon.

Licuira – Doesn’t have the foot disposal to be the side’s playmaker (quarterback) out of defence. Other clubs exaggerates his value. Should be traded for a skillful midfielder such as Heath Black.

First round draft pick – More benefit (long term) to keep.

ash 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add to untouchable: Adkins, Burns, Lockyer.
I wouldn't say that Whakelin and Steinford are safe. Whakelins last half of the season has been shocking, he plays well when the team plays well. I'd also replace Dimma with Steinford. He is harder at the ball and gives 110% for 4 quaters.
Presty And Licuira should definatly be safe. Presty season last year and this year have been exceptional. We have put the hard work into him and now it looks like he is at his prime. He is also underated and quick for his size.
Licuira also has had an exceptional season but yes his balance and kicking needs to improve, but his smart and has taken on some big name players and won this year.
Scotland and Kinnear will stay, and I'd chuck in Wasley as a potential trade.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:02 am

i find your 3 trades utterly appaling...licuria has been brilliant this year..and 1 of the few players to stand up the last couple of months..if players run with him like they should out of the backline(thats our gameplan) when he wins the ball he can handpass it to some1 with better disposal...ben johnson is gonna be an absolute champion..hes only 20 i think..look 4 a nick davis type year next year..we need all these young players comin through at the same time..their the future of the club..i think mick has a lot of faith in him 2...as for presti..he played 3 flawless years..he was obviously challenged this year by mick i think hes coming along nicely..look at his game against tredrae and last week against lucas...richardson's older and he'll be gone soon..so i think we'll need him..u'd have to get a bloody good backmen to let him go...

pure magic...
bolta 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:19 am

Dear Ash

To quote " Wakelins last half of the season has been shocking"

I dont think we have been watching the same games. Finally we have 3-4 tall options (wakelin, richo, presti & kinnear) so we can compete in the back half. No only does Wakelin normally take the best forward, but he can actually get the ball, run off half/full back & hit another collingwood player. Presti is a stopper - thats all & thats all he will ever be. He cant kick or provide run !!

Leave wakelin alone - he will play at CFC as long as Mick is there because he provides run (as MM has said cont. in press conferences.)

There are at least 6-10 people that could/will be put off our list this year. They include: tuckey, stone, baynes, roach, shaw, ukovic.
Trades: Lane, scotland, mckee etc...

What do you think ?

Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:41 am

You also need to consider that our list will be reduced by 2 more players, and I think that Richo may be eligible for veterans as he has been here for 10 years.
Players such as Baynes Stone and Sheehan I think are in trouble, and Ukovic and Tuckey will be traded. Apparently Wasley is a favourite of MM's and will probably be retained.
McKee is a goner, and I think Lane may be used in a trade to secure the right player. I will be disappointed if Scotland goes, as I think he can really play, but hasn't had the opportunities. He is like Kinnear, in that he needs a few solid games in the seniors, and he just isn't getting the opportunity.

Still hearing the rumour about Everitt, and this time from an assistant coach at another Vic based AFL club, who said his team spoke to Everitts management, but could not take on his contract with their salary cap situation, and were not prepared to off load the players the Saints wanted. This club has just this year picked up a veteran ruckman after retiring one last year, and they think that there isn't room for him. He told me that if he goes, and he's not certain that he will, he will end up at Collingwood. Apparently we are in deep discussion with Spiders management and the Saint and if we can make the right trade, spider will leave.

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:19 am

Presti has to stay at the club. We need a 'blanket' in defence and in a couple of years when Shags and Richo are gone, then what? Also, we must persist with Kinnear, we need a young dashing CHB and I think he's finally found his feet. Licuria gets the ball so often and does such a good job stopping his opponent, surely we can overlook his poor disposal. I reckon Baynes, Stone, Wasley and Ukovic are the only ones who are definitely gone. Shaw, Tuckey, Roach, Scotland and Betheras are on the edge. The rest are safe unless we get an unreal trade offer, which is unlikely.

bolta 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:00 am

PS: I forgot wasley & betheras - they both have to be looked at.

ash 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:10 am

Bolta

Wakelin olny takes on the best forward when Richardson does not play, strangly enough this is around the same time that Wakelin has been playing poor football. Wakelin is a handy at the best of times, and at the moment is just lost without Richo. Now he will probibly stay, but out of all our tall backmen (Benny, Mark and Simon) he'd be the one to go first.
As for Presti, whats wrong with being just a stopper. Thats what backmen do stop there opponent.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:53 am

Heath Black went to my school and is a gun. However he doesnt fit in with our game plan as he can kick both feet. Scotland has endured this problem.....lol

I would not trade Licuria as he is a great link player and is a ball magnet. We dont want to trade away the nucleus of our side. We need stability and confidence in the players we do have

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:02 pm

Lica is handy because he gets the ball and he can stop someone if need be. His turnovers cost us but that may be fixable. I suspect it would have fixed by now if it was going to be. Tony Shaw was a great without foot skills because he learned his limitations and worked on his short game. Perhaps Lica can do the same but who knows.
If we get spider for Lica, McKee and a draft pic I will be wrapped. Lica will be a loss but not an insurmountable one. McKee will be no loss and I will say no more about that.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:42 pm

all i am going to say is

Licuria is going to say (man its dumb sayin he's gonna go)
macca stayin, lane stayin and kinnear has bene BOG for vfl all bloody year and has now finally broken
i'll be out to protest if ne of the above go... some1 would have to explain ALOT

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

Rohan 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:46 pm

The main problem with Prestigicamo is that he doesn't run off his opponents. This is a key trait of backman now with Hay, Wellman and Gaspar being examples of backman who set up play from the backline.

I would only trade Prestigicamo if we could get a defender for (Solomon) or a ruckman (Everitt) for him.

If you read Dermie's article today he ranks Prestigicamo as a backman who doesn't have the skills to combat a teams number one forward. We need a class defender in the ilk of a Gaspar.

Licuira is a bit stiff but his foot skills let him down for the position he plays. If you had your choice between a Heath Black who accumulates touches and always finds his targets and Licuira who accumulates touches but turns the ball over, you would take Black.

We are going to have to give away quality to get quality. I am sure this time last year you couldn't imagine getting rid of a Paul Williams but in hindsight it has turned out to be a win/win situation.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 1:07 pm

Rohan i agree completely well said........lol lol

Who would have imagined trading Paul Williams.....vert good call

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:04 pm

I disagree in trading Presty, I think we have invested 6 seasons and got him to a level of experiance, why should we now turn around and trade him after having him learn at Collingwood.
I think he lacks in his ability to run off but when your flankers/utility's are good enough to crumb of his spoils and run the ball out there's no difference. Other then gasper and primarily Hay, genuine running defenders are few and far between and more often then not a defender will run off an oponent when he has confidence in the backman left behind providing support enough to cover his man, something lacking at Collingwood over the years. I dont doubt Presty is required, as is Scotland and Johnson. Johnson is regarde highly at Collingwood and no chance he will be off loaded. We gave him 26 as an act of faith we have in his ability and dare I say he has plenty of it...

Louis

Spongo 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:54 pm

You have to remember that Gasper has only come good in the last season or so, before hand he was no where near presti's value. The spider trade sounds goods but the rebnound lica provides off HB will be tough to cover because although we have other hbf, if you get rid of one nthat is starting to work into the team structure, the burden falls onto the remaining players to cover the new, young player which detracts from thier rebounding game. remember, not every player has to be c champion so long as collectively they balance out and are a champion team. Look at the Woodies in tennis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: