Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Channel Nine axes The Alice

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare that to European shows are taking our identity. That's just your personal opinion.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:29 pm

Ok, lets all just watch american shit on our tv and see the Australian culture be decimated.

Whilst we are at it, lets stop playing AFL because its expensive, and lets all just watch Gridion on tele. And, why not just change our name from Australia and call ourselves the Southern United States of America.

Im sick of it. I go to Woolworths (safeway) and I struggle to buy things Australian Owned. I watch tele and its all american. I listen to the radio and its american. AND my footy team goes to America for pre season!!!!

Seriouslly, im sick and tired of it. Lets look after our OWN people, I.E. Actors, presenters, farmers, etc, before we give 10c to America and other countries! Our country is going balls up because we cant do anything for ourselves!!!!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:44 pm

Yep totally agree TITP - Australian shows are been destroyed by a lack of faith and funding by networks and people been hypnotised by american and now australian bullshit reality tv - which takes screen time and actors jobs. Our culture, stories and actors are been ruined by low quality crap like - Australian princess & the like - We definitely miss shows like Sea Change & Prisoner !

www.facebook/the hybernators
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:10 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Yep totally agree TITP - Australian shows are been destroyed by a lack of faith and funding by networks and people been hypnotised by american and now australian bullshit reality tv - which takes screen time and actors jobs. Our culture, stories and actors are been ruined by low quality crap like - Australian princess & the like - We definitely miss shows like Sea Change & Prisoner !

and all shows are being destroyed by Reality TV. There was an article the other day about how the work for actors has dried up by so many % due to Reality TV. Not just here, but world wide.

It's cheaper for the networks to have reality tv, they don't have to pay actors, in fact, they don't have to pay many people and it's always sponsored heavily and they make money from hits to websites (U.S. based) or phone calls (mainly here in Aust).

Bring back real TV not REALITY TV

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:13 pm

Can we get back to business? Where?
Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:16 pm

Seriously, you think its the TV shows that are killing our culture?
It's not the American fast food outlets?
It's not the American "fashion"?
It's not the American Rap music?
It's not the American text language?

Look at the big picture, not just the small screen.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:19 pm

yes Eunos i totally agree and that's also where reality Tv came from as well. don't worry, i hate dem yanks Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Tarrant In the Pocket wrote:
Ok, lets all just watch american shit on our tv and see the Australian culture be decimated.

Whilst we are at it, lets stop playing AFL because its expensive, and lets all just watch Gridion on tele. And, why not just change our name from Australia and call ourselves the Southern United States of America.

Im sick of it. I go to Woolworths (safeway) and I struggle to buy things Australian Owned. I watch tele and its all american. I listen to the radio and its american. AND my footy team goes to America for pre season!!!!

Seriouslly, im sick and tired of it. Lets look after our OWN people, I.E. Actors, presenters, farmers, etc, before we give 10c to America and other countries! Our country is going balls up because we cant do anything for ourselves!!!!

Good points there, TITP, although I doubt you'd find many real Australians who prefer shitiron to AFL (except in my goddamn PE class at school). American TV is 95% crap and that country is the home of generic pop and rap, and American Idol Mad . But sad to say I don't see all that much coming from Australia that's much good either. Our more internationally popular bands like Jet and Spiderbait aren't doing anything other bands haven't already done, while Australian cinema is terrible. Certainly I would like to see more Australian TV and music but if the best we can come up with is Neighbours and Comedy Inc. then we've got problems. Hey maybe we can all be "Englishised" (or is that Anglicised? Wink) that wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:33 pm

Well if there was an Australian show that wasn't CRAP I would watch, the only ones have been the cop shows (Police Rescue, Stingers, Water Rats, Blue Heelers) most of the rest of it is just utter crap.

The first thing that Australian TV needs is some decent Austalian shows, not the crap ones. Labelling it Australian isn't enough to entice me to watch them, they have to be worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:23 am

Mortis wrote:
Well if there was an Australian show that wasn't CRAP I would watch, the only ones have been the cop shows (Police Rescue, Stingers, Water Rats, Blue Heelers) most of the rest of it is just utter crap.

The first thing that Australian TV needs is some decent Austalian shows, not the crap ones. Labelling it Australian isn't enough to entice me to watch them, they have to be worth it.

You obviously haven't seen "BlokesWorld"

Quality aussie program!!!!!
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:08 am

Mortis wrote:

Perhaps you should ask the police what they think of your favourite TV shows. Laughing

anyway......

Best non reality TV show=All the news programs.

Best aussie Reality Show=Humphrey B. Bear

Best real life drama=Simpsons (what did she say about cup cakes!)

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:15 pm

Eunos wrote:
You obviously haven't seen "BlokesWorld"

Quality aussie program!!!!!

I saw it a couple of times, when I remember when it's one.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:25 pm

Just on Police Rescue...

When it was made, the writers and directors were actually in close contact with the NSW Police Service (as it was known then, it is now a Force).

SO... by having the close contact, it was a reality BASED show.

BlokesWorld is over-ratted. They keep showing the same segments week in week out. If I see the Aussie Pole Dancing team once more when interviewed...

"Are you getting enough sleep" - "Not as much as Ild like to" Ill f**king scream. If you wernt such a slag then you would get the sleep!

Thats what happens when you get a show on Channel 31...

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:39 pm

For those that don't know, Blokes World is a blatant copy of The Man Show, which is on every night on The Comedy Channel (Foxtel Digital 120).
Hooked
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:47 am

Its a pretty good show but I've only ever seen the one episode twice lol. Have to remember when its on again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: