Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bunch of wimps

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:14 pm
Post subject: Bunch of wimpsReply with quote

What a bumch of wimps we look like at Collingwood FC. Carlton throwed everything at us, including putting there body on the line. There we so many times when we chould have smothered kicks but instead just waved arms up in the air with the 'Can't be bothered to put in or we don't want to get hurt attitude' Tarrants confidence is down for no reason and missing simple goals that you can kick in your sleep. Bucks had an ok game but wish he would shut his mouth a bit. Lane can't stay on his feet and is too slow to decide on what to do with the ball. I can go on but can't bother

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if that's how you feel go and barrack for Carlton.

**floreat pica**

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:00 am

I agree that everyone are entitled to their opinions, but a title like "bunch of wimps" is antagonistic and not particularly objective. supporters hurt, but the players would hurt more, because they were out there playing the game. as mike has pointed out many, many times already, eddie and the players read the posts in this bulletin - how would they feel about being called "wimps"?

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:04 am

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If everyone thought the same the world would be a boring place to live.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:07 am

It doesnt help when Molloy misses relatively easy goals. At Brisbane Molloy used to kick great goals, yet this year he hasnt kicked many goals at all.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:40 am

Well yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I ask one thing only; wait 24 hours before posting that opinion.
A full day to reflect on the game and the year may change your opinion.

-Craig

FAITH

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:07 am

How fickle are you Ian, calling the bunch of blokes your meant to support wimps. I have no problem with people having some constructive critcism but calling them wimps is just a silly thing to say.

Fradam Wrote This
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:50 am

I thinks the term whimps is a bit harsh. BUT the effort was not acceptable. I saw too many half hearted chases and I can't recall a sheapard of note. I can only wonder at the games Tarrant has played of late. He looks like he could be anything but he has looked disinterested. I hope it is confidence and not due to the rumours.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 8:04 am

yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes the supporters hurt and like you say junkboy, the players hurt more. well so they should they have no one to blame but themselves, besides buckley and a few others, that effort if you could call it that was goddam pathetic. like everyone stands around and wave their arms around, its called a TACKLE, maybe they should learn how. remember the ball is not going to come to you, you have to go to it. and how many goals did tyson lane cost us? yes he may have got one but the amount of times he f*cked it up compared to when he didnt are heaps more. he will be in the 2s this week and TARKYN will be back in. and maybe against the kangaroos all those bludgers who did nothing on the weekend might try and redeem themselves after that pitiful effort on the weekend, because by the next time we play carlton this will still be fresh in my mind.

Malklas 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:45 am

I agree with I@n S,

CFC has recruited okay & bolstered our stocks. They are all soft except for a hand full. Molloy is the only player capable of mixing with the tough big boys that win premierships.

Off load soft cocks I say..

Go Pie Pride....join in and everyones a winner.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 12:19 pm

There is a world of difference between not being 100% "up" or not proactively aggressive and and being a soft cock. I think that was a harsh call. I was dissapointed with some efforts but I wouldn't use that term.

We have a number of light, skillful players who don't possess good tackling skills. That needs to be worked on in the gym, on the track and in the trading market. Remember the age aqnd physical stature of players before you lable them as soft.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 5:12 pm

Yes I'll admit I was harsh but i'm sick to death of saying 'theres always next year'. Collingwood are not willing to put there bodys on the line in the big games. Yes we can play some great free flowing football, like we should have thrashed Essendon the last 4 times we've played them. But when it comes to the games that are low on skill and we need to be hard at the ball, we fall apart! In the pasted i've been one to say "how can you be so harsh and how do u think the players feel when they read this" Well i hope they are hurting. If they can't put up with the comments like men they are wimps. Sorry to be harsh again but someone has to get through to them!  

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:09 am

OK this hurts.
We are not as good as Carlton.
They are a better football team than we are right now. Fundamentally that is why we lost. I know we beat them earlier, but when it counts they ALWAYS beat us. That is because they have a better playing list. I am confident we will overtake them but to be honest we have a way to go.

I was not impressed by our skill level or our committment at the ball and at the body on Saturday. I question some of our tactics but I am not arrogant enough to suppose I know as much about it all MM. I don't believe we were less committed than Carlton but perhaps subconsiously we had conceeded they were too good and had too much to play for. All that is speculation.

There is 1 simple fact, the best sides finish consistantly high on the ladder and the worst sides finish consistantly low. We have been consistantly mediocre to poor for a long time. We are on the rise, no question. We are not yet at a level where we can consistanly beat quality opposition.

NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: