Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

HUMILIATION

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Joffa...

If all the others think im a racist then thats fine. I know what i am and that is all that matters to me. Its funny that none of my italian or greek friends have a problem with the word? Oh well i guess everyone is different

My Uncle lives in Darwin so Broadie your not the only one who knows what the deal is.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:14 am

I don't think that JLC, Joffa, or anyone else on this board are racists. but, as mike says, certain terms could be construed as racist. it's one thing to say, stuff political correctness, but what one person finds amusing, another may find offensive. also, terms used within a particular ethnic group may sound extremely racist when used by a person who is a different race. in light of all the recent racial vilification laws, we just have to be careful, that's all.

P.S. hey! what's wrong with yuppies and the '80s? it's my favourite era....didn't anyone see american psycho? great parody! hehe

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:59 am

What the hell does JLC have to apologise for?

Step off the path off the politically correct and go and support the Sydney Swans if you are upset at his 'arrogant dago' jibe.

It's amazing how many bleeding hearts arise when there is a point to be made against a bloke like JLC who made the comment as a throw away whim and any objective, realistic and Australian society learned person should treat as only that-a thow away comment.

Calling for him to apologise to everybody makes me nauseous with contempt.

JLC would be the first to have any of our 'dagos' on his shoulders when they kick a goal or any of the like.

Implying that the guy is racist or even made a racist remark should stop sifting through jigsaw pieces to justify their own insecurities and look at a bigger picture.

I do not believe JLC brought his fine tooth comb with him when showing his annoyance at the Carlton dogs.

Extend him the same courtesy when you read his posts and grow your shrinking violets in your own back yard.

In my blood...and off my head.
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:03 am

i find your comments more offensive than jlc..if any1 finds "dago" a great word im surprised..you really dont understand, unless your the subject of racism all your life...

pure magic...
Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:09 am

Sorry, who said 'dago' was a great word?

Leonin, please do not support your argument by paraphrasing comments made by the bogeyman.

My nickname was dago at school-for 10 years, because my surname was shortened to davo and I looked European (I'm english decent).

I don't disrespect anyone's heritage, but won't cater for other people's unrealistic expectations.

If you found the comments I made more offensive, then I am sorry you feel that way, but let me re-iterate to you, I think you are being far too brittle in the context of this discussion.

In my blood...and off my head.
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:15 am

my general point is that racism is not good...im not making any calls on any1 here...u can have ur opinion ill have mine..no problem...alright peace

pure magic...
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:19 am

If "dago" is such an inoffensive term, then why the hell are we using it to describe Carlton?

Surely we should come up with something genuinely offensive when referring to those bastards.

**floreat pica**

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:23 pm

JLC,

Mate, "Dago" is deemed to be offensive. "[snip]" isn't ! (take it from me)

If you want to call the blue baggers, something....call them CARLSCUM !

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:06 am

The thing with racism or any offensive remarks is that the offense is in the eye of the beholder. JLC is probably not rasicst but times have changed substantially since the term was used (in a derogatory fashion) to describe Italian immigrants post war.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: