Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

HUMILIATION

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 3:47 pm
Post subject: HUMILIATIONReply with quote

I think the topic sums it up. Just another pathetic performance against Carlton who are supposedly an arch enemy yet you wouldnt know this judging by our efforts. I had to sit back and enjoy those arrogant daigos rubbing our faces into the dirt. I hate Carlton filth.

Big shout out goes to Joffa who rallied the cheersquad even when we were losing.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think anything can be as bad as last years drubbing, even if it meant the filth stopped us from getting in the finals this time. 111 points or whatever it was is just not on. Today was not as embarrassing - disappointing yes, but not as embarrassing.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:31 pm

Humiliation?

What humiliation?

There's not a bloody thing those navy blue front-runners can ever do to humiliate us.

When you're losing like that you've just gotta keep on singin'. Don't ever give them the satisfaction of seeing you with your head in your hands.
You've just gotta be defiant to the end.
The further behind you go, the louder you gotta be ... right in their faces ... scare them ... FREAK THE BASTARDS OUT ... because they don't understand ... and they never will.

And when they chant "Loser! Loser! Loser!" all you gotta do is chant "Loser! Loser!! Loser!!!" right back at them.

Because they are the losers.
F*ck the scoreboard.
F*ck the result.

WE ARE COLLINGWOOD ...
And that's something they'll never be.
No matter how many times they beat us.
No matter how many premierships they win.

They will NEVER be able to call themselves "COLLINGWOOD".

Sure, we didn't like what we saw on the field today.
But don't ever ACCEPT humiliation.

If you want humiliation, go to a brothel.

Don't ever let anyone in Navy Blue ever make you feel inferior.

Because you're a Collingwood supporter.
And they're NOT.

**floreat pica**

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:19 pm

Alf - that is why i will join the cheer squad next year

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:29 pm

JLC you need to get out more. Those 'arrogant daigos ' make up a sizable proportion of ALL football clubs mebership bases including ours. 'arrogant daigos ' also make up a substantial proportion of the AFL playing list including ours. I'd love to see you call Rocca, Presti, Lica, Dimma, L.Davis, Ukovic etc an 'arrogant daigo ' .

Australia is a multicultural society, get over it. It has been over 180 years since we were colonised by Just Love-children of Convicts!

I don't know what is more depressing, the Pies v Blues score line or your racial bagging>

The wait is almost over.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:52 am

I agree with fab4, and you can add peter daicos to his list. we can't have double standards. I thought we'd learnt that with the nicky winmar incident. I know everyone's upset, but let's keep the passion and lose the racism.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
mike b 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:57 am

I agree with Fab 4.... - JLC, your racist comment doesn't belong here. That's where Collingwood was 10 years ago. That sort of crap (by the way, if you are going to insult, spell the word correctly) suggests our culture has not progressed.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:53 am

have 2 agree with every1 abt the racism...

pure magic...
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:22 am

Fantastic post, Alf.

When a carlton fan sitting behind you yells out "How do you like that?", you've just gotta turn around and shout
"I LOVE it! Go PIES!"

(You can also add in a woof at the end for good measure).

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:27 am

Well if you all think im a racist, why not ask your hero Joffa to sing our version of the Carlton theme song. We sang it yesterday at the pub and no one seemed to have a problem with it and took it all in good fun.

I think people are way too sensitive and should get over it.

So Joffa according to these people you would fit into the category of a racist as well....lol What a crock of shit that is

APA

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:46 am

JLC you've twisted the comments a bit. No-one has called you a racist. People have pointed out that your comment was racist.

However, if you stand behind the comment and attempt to justify the unjustifiable, people may rightly call you a racist.

I can understand that it may be in some of our chants. Racism has been a part of our language for so long that it can be found everywhere, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Sometimes a little thought and a little humility can allow you to see the things that blind outrage hides. It's your choice and you are the one that lives with the consequences - nobody else is going to be too fussed, they'll just write you off.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 26 August 2001).]
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 2:21 am

As someone married to one of those "daigos" and a person who spends a fair bit of time educating to reduce racism, JLC I have a problem with your comment. And a BIGGER problem with your justification of it as being OK because it's in a chant - that merely indicates that the chant is problematic as well, not the opposite.

We have taken pride in Leon and the club's gretaly improved attitude towards indigenous culture: don't take the backwards step of "I'm not a racist, I just make fun of..."

Broadie
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:03 am

I know JLC he is like a bro you could not meet a nicer guy and he certainly isnt racist.
I am not racist i deplore racism and will tell dickheads at the footy to go jump and grow up when that shit starts.

The sad part of this society is we are ruled by political correctness bought on by the yuppies of the eighties who wouldnt know what a well timed fart or a burp was.

The word daigo is a wonderful term of endearment and should be recieved as such and yes we did sing a song in the beer garden at the pub with the word daigo in it all in fun with no will to offend those of italian descent.

Everybody loved it.

I can understand those who may believe its offensive but please lets not all be too quick to jump on a matchbox when the occasion arises.

If i cop any stick for saying this well so be it i will wear it
but keep in mind i have some very good friends who are italian and the funny thing is they have no problem with the term daigo.

come on everyone chill out.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Malklas 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:11 am

JLC, I think you should apoligise too everyone in public. You have affended a great majority of faithfull B&W supporters.

get it of my chest now....

Go Pie Pride....join in and everyones a winner.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:10 am

Thank you Joffa...

If all the others think im a racist then thats fine. I know what i am and that is all that matters to me. Its funny that none of my italian or greek friends have a problem with the word? Oh well i guess everyone is different

My Uncle lives in Darwin so Broadie your not the only one who knows what the deal is.

APA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: