Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

An apology...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:21 am
Post subject: An apology...Reply with quote

For those who tried their luck at general entry and got stuck in the heavens (my reason for regretably not being able to make it to the cricketers - sorry about that Mike), apparently I went slightly nuts in the last quarter.

So I hereby apologise for the comment I screamed out: Molloy, you hit the wrong bloody player - it should have been Licuria.

It was quite insensitive of me, as Molloy was no doubt feeling bad enough already. Sorry Jarrod.

Broadie

[This message has been edited by Broadie (edited 20 August 2001).]
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCUSE ME U PRICK

i know i know, i said i wasn't going to post anymore messages for this site, thanx to DANTHEMAN (and others)

but full on wat is everyone's problem with Licuria???
And "brodie" wat about saying sorry with the call about Lica?

fricken hell. wat is it that ppl have about bagging their own teams players?? i mean, even my dad (who has been a cwood supporter and grown me up to be one) bags Lica.

Dermott may have said Licuria was another language for "Turnover" but geeezzz look who's turning ova noowwwwwww

Luv da 1 da only da ONE TELL PPL TO GET THEIR OWN TEAM IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING WRONG WITH OURS da @sh Licuria

PS this has been like bag sessions wk... godd... and last wk was my favourite wk.. and now this....

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:40 pm

I must admit that I've been critical of Licca's disposal in the past and at times he still lets himself down but I thought it was interesting in the current isue of "In B&W" that both he and the coaching staff have recognised his problem area and are working on it.

I think he has already improved dramatically this year compared to last year and at 23 still has time to get his skill level up to a really high standard, which I don't think is far off.

He obviously works extremely hard on his fitness and I think his constant running and 36 posessions on Saturday night proves that.

You don't get superstars overnight but I think if Licca keeps working on his disposal he's definitely going to be a major player in the future.

GO PIES!

Marg

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:46 pm

2 words.

Legend Licuria 

dats all...

that and sayin to Mags, i stick up for him alot too... especially in the membas stand....

i am always THIS close to haveing a fight with a dude somewhere in the crowd.... cuz i tell em to shut their mouths and all when they mention nething bad bout paulie.... then they stop cuz they relise their picking on a lil gurrrrl.... lil gurl my arse...

grrrrr

LEGENDARY LICURIA SET TO ROCK UR WORRRLD BAGGERS! (that is unless he already haaaaas ) 

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:08 pm

ash... u gotta calm down ok???

~BANGER JR~
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:12 pm

Im very happy to have licca in the side the guy is all guts!!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:41 am

Paul Licuria= very underrated mid-fielder. Ball magnet. 35 possesions againist the Dons

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
biodave 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 4:30 am

Along with Dimattina, Lica is a very hard worker. He reaps what he sows. We need blokes like this at Collingwood.

From The Outer 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:55 am

35 possessions... true. No one can argue with that.

30 of them went straight down the throat of Essendon.

If that is good enough for you, fine. Live with it.

Turnovers are losing us games. Turnovers may be the difference between us playing finals or not.

Lica has improved out of sight, there can be no question. But he is the turnover-king at Pie land.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:17 am

Well, From the Outer beat me to my own defence:
I'd rather Lica (and Steinfort and Dimma, who was better on Sat night) pick up only 20 possies if there were only 10% turnovers.

Lica's workrate cannot be questioned. He took many very telling marks in the back 50 on Sat night, especially in the last quarter.

HOWEVER, his turnovers did more damage than any umpire or any Essendon player. WHY? Simple. When we get the ball our players are drilled into leaving their man and running forward. When turnovers occur on the FIRST KICK (or first one to finally make it outiside defensive 50) the opposition have a clear run at goals and many unmanned targets to kick to.

Hence, my outraged demeanour during the most crucial period of Friday's game was directed mostly at an individual.

Hope Tarkyn's recovering well - perhaps giving Lica (and Dimma & Steinfort) a few kicking (and decision-making) lessons would help take his mind off the headaches and sore joints.

Broadie
MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 7:32 am

I like Lica. I like the way he plays his heart out. The fact is he is not an AFL standard "disposer" (I know it's not a word). I cannot see any team winning a flag with Lica, Steinford and Dimma in the one side. Too many negating players and if they turn it over we give away precious goals when we can least afford it. A couple of Lica's turnovers were just simply not acceptable for a league footballer.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 10:47 am

well well well

can all u f****n ppl go out there and play for him then...

go on!!! i wanna see u out there.... just so i get the opportunity to laugh my head off in the stands, with dickheads like u running around, who bag the shit out of paul yet under all the pressure he goes under, out of all the wanks that don't like him, and out of all the players that give him the poor disposal in the first place, AND the players he kicks arse so well against

PLEASE go out on that field man it'd be good to see u try

open ur eyes ppl, u have for buckley do it for paul. or have u all been hit on the head?

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria.

PS

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:15 am

grow up Ash Licuria, stop making mountains out of molehills

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:32 am

I have been studying the tape of Saturdays match. Just started the last qtr. So far I have seen no reason for the comments made against Lica.
Any mistake he has made has generally been made by the rest of his team mates as well. Why are we crucifying Licuria? His skill level has improved 100% this year, sure he has a way to go but so does half of the rest of the squad.
I'm supporting Lica and expect him to still be at Collingwood next year.

-Craig

FAITH

magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:03 pm

Agreed Craig,I have watched the tape twice now and i thought he did quite good except in the last quarter when he kicked out on the fall on the wing.
The one fault i see in his game is who ever he kick's the ball to has to work really hard to take possesion but he know's that and is working on it.

Lica has improved from last season and is worth perservering with the guy is a ball magnet.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: