Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SCOTLAND AND I AINT TALKING ABOUT THE COUNTRY

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:18 am
Post subject: SCOTLAND AND I AINT TALKING ABOUT THE COUNTRYReply with quote

Surely Heath Scotland will get a game this week. Yet again he was in our best players.

Is it a crime that this fellow can kick on both feet ?? Or are Buckley and Tarks the only players allowed to kick on both feet ??

Lets hope this week the main man gets a game.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Give him a go Malty.

JDF
rash 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:43 am

I'm hearing ya JLC. I have been saying that he deserves a run in the seniors for weeks now. He is hard at it and his skills are very good. One of the problems we have at the moment is that some players get a lot of the ball but can't hit a target when they deliver. I think Scotland is our man.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:22 am

i dont like scotland..id prefer didak to get a run

pure magic...
Budgie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:00 am

Scotland has being given enough goes and proven that he ios not up to AFL level If any changes are to be made bring back Johnson and Didak

rash 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:07 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but he would have been lucky to have started 2 games this season and that was at the start. That's hardly "been given enough goes". He is in the best for Willy every week and must have earnt quite a few B.O.G's along the way. It's got nothing to do with who you would rather have back in the side but who is performing well and this guy fit's that category every week.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:17 pm

I think Tucks and even Stoney should get a game before Scotto, I think they've been working harder, and both really need a game before the end of the season if they want to stay at Collingwood next year.

~BANGER JR~
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:20 pm

We need to pick a quick side this week to run Carlton off their legs. Is Adkins ready to play ??

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 9:59 am

How Scotland can miss out and others (no names) are always in, ill never understand...

especially after his Ansett Cup series

ash 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:12 am

I've been a fan of Scotland for a while now and agree that he should get a game, but realisticly MM would not play him for a crunch game against Carlton. If we lose and the Norff game becomes a dead rubber then he should get a cap.

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:46 am

I am abig fan of Scotty and I am dumfounded as to why he has not had a run this year. My list of players I believe should not have had a run before him is: Dimma; for some reason MM luvs this guy, sure he is good at getting hands on ball but his disposal and selection is attrocious. Lane, I like lane he does do some good things in spurts, and thats just it we need a solid full time player. I agree with everyone else on the boards Scotland should play this week if tark's does not get a start. Carlton have showed all year that they can not handle a running team really well. So put in Scotty he is good on goth sides of the body, he gets his hands on it, and I think he is aplayer we should be including in our future team of dominance.

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:47 am

I am abig fan of Scotty and I am dumfounded as to why he has not had a run this year. My list of players I believe should not have had a run before him is: Dimma; for some reason MM luvs this guy, sure he is good at getting hands on ball but his disposal and selection is attrocious. Lane, I like lane he does do some good things in spurts, and thats just it we need a solid full time player. I agree with everyone else on the boards Scotland should play this week if tark's does not get a start. Carlton have showed all year that they can not handle a running team really well. So put in Scotty he is good on goth sides of the body, he gets his hands on it, and I think he is aplayer we should be including in our future team of dominance.

Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:52 am

I spoke with Balme about a month ago and asked him why Scotland isn't getting a run, and he said that he is probably the unluckiest player at the club, and that every week he is looked at but team selection and balance hasn't gone his way. MM and the Footy department think he is destined for big things, but I'm starting to think that maybe he is destined for big things elsewhere. Dimma is our version of that Dog Libratore, just a tagger. I think that Adkins and Didak probably rate ahead of Scotland in the clubs eyes, so he needs to produce something special to get a game. We can't drop everyone, and unfortunately I think he is a victim of a club that has recruited other players of the same size, who may not be as skillful, but bring other qualities to the team, such as pace or "hard at it" type players. As tuckey has not been helped by Molloy coming, I think that Scotland is in the same boat because of Rintoul and Holland

Budgie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:29 am

Why do you think Scotland doesn't get a game? Malthouse and the match committee know that at this stage of his career he is not ready for AFL football. If you are going to bring in a midfielder from the twos you would bring in Didak, Johnson and Adkins b4 u would bring Scotland in.

Anyway Scotland's skills aren't as great as you are making them out to be. If they were so great he would be in the team. There are at least 8 midfielders at Collingwood that have better skills then he does.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:09 pm

Scotland is a required player and I think if he develop him into a tagger type given his natrual level of aggression I think he can be very capable expecially given the fact he has efficient skills. He has not been given a chance this year and thoroughly desrves one. Collingwood wont actively trade in abundance this year as a reward to the vast improvement made from previous years. Dimma/Rupe baynes roachy stone and a couple of others may be see ya laters....

Louis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: