Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Nathan Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvira7 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never once mentioned that you CANNOT HAVE AN OPINION, I just think that your comments were "WRONG"!!!!!

Nathan Buckley should now and forever be considered as an untouchable.

I too pay a substantial amount of money on my beloved PIES and so I am merely airing my opinion as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvira7

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:43 am

Absolutely agree Elvira. Stop speaking CRAP Spidergirl!!

JDF
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:58 am

right Elvira...then don't attack me personally or doubt my passion for the Collingwood Football Club instead just state your opinion and i will state mine.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 12:07 pm

D9,
Get a life mate. Trade Bucks - ya gotta be joking ?

Rohan 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 1:40 pm

I am sick of people in here questioning other people’s loyalty in here. Jibes like you should follow Richmond because you don't agree with what the majority says really concern me.

Everyone has the right to an opinion. They don't deserve to be shouted down because they are merely expressing their opinion.

Buckley is a great player and captain. I don't want to buy into how other players get along with him because it is all innuendo.

At the same time football is a team game. Each member is a “equal” cog in a machine that is working in one direction of achieving football success.

The only criticism I have of Buckley is that we seem to play better when our play isn't all through Buckley. Young players are always looking for him and thus don't play their natural game by backing themselves.

Collingwood will be a far more effective team when everyone backs their judgement and isn't Buckley conscious.

Nathan Buckley hasn’t played in many finals. Sure we owe him the opportunity to play finals, but we equally owe everyone involved with the Collingwood Football Club.

The club will be far better when we think above the good of one player for the greater good of everyone associated with the football club.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:29 pm

Well girls i have met you both so im neutral. Spidey you r a great person so chill. Elvira you are also cool despite what i have said.

So chill ladies

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:01 pm

no point trading Bucks, hes the best player in the league, always has been, so theres nothing worth giving him for in my mind

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:39 pm

SPIDEZ......wash your mouth out with soap!!!.....We will never or should never ever trade Bucks...... He is COLLINGWOOD personified......his loyalty, tenacity, are all qualities that make him a true champion and I thank God that he is a Collingwood man...........

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:51 am

Problem you have there Spidey is that I could never take you seriously and maybe others can't as well when you seem to have the same memebership packages for a number of other clubs as well. Sorry. Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Little wird to think that you call yourself a true Collingwood supporter when it is obvious you financially support other clubs as well. You'd be better off getting an access 1 package at colonial to watch all the clubs when they play there. Strange.

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:09 am

well i don't have the same membership packages for other clubs i have spent a lot more on Collingwood however its not about money because anyone can open their wallet and say i support a club i guess, its wot is in the heart and i know Collingwood is my number one club, its just that i also have other interests at other clubs! What i was trying to point out when i am questioned as a Collingwood supporter is that i am not one of those people who simply say "i go for Collingwood" and don't bother turning up to go see them, signing up as a member etc etc. They are the people whos support should be questioned when thinking they can have some sort of opinion here not me!

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 11:30 am

Well if you want to know why i dont go to games its coz im not allowed to go by myself, and all my friends either hate footy or hate collingwood and refuse to go with me, and my parents both hate footy, they think its a waste of time. I've been to one game this season, and that was a birthday prezzie. The only person in my family who loves collingwood as much as i do is my grandma, (her dad played for us, also her cousin is married to Des Tudderham) and shes a bit old to go to the footy.
People have said to me before, "youre not a collingwood supporter because you dont ever go to the games or training or anything else." A friend of mine has always said she was a "bigger" supporter than me (her team is melbourne) because she goes to matches and has membership, goes to training, etc.
But i dont think this is so because i follow collingwood with my heart, not with money.
I dont care if people don't think I'm a collingwood supporter coz i dont go see them play, everyone can have there own opinion.

I dont even know why I'm replying to this topic. What a waste of time.

But let me tell you something - I am a true Collingwood supporter, and alwayz will be.

~*~banger jr~*~

[This message has been edited by Danzy Rocks!!! (edited 18 August 2001).]
d9 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 3:07 pm

Well well well...
It is good to see we're all so passionate about Collingwood (except you Spidergirl - that's a joke).
Firstly, given I started this discussion point, I thinnk it is only fair I end it.
I didn't say Buckley was a bad player, in fact, quite the contrary, all I suggested was that maybe they could trade him.
A bit harsh I know, but given I am new to this (nothing else to do on a Saturday night when one's gotta work - the reason I'm not there you'll notice) I wanted to see what kind of people you all are. Now I think I know.
Passionate, every last one of you (even you Spidergirl)
But even more so,
Pants42 - you know my work, at least I got a reply from you, shows you're passionate about the club - good;
Cobood - Obviously a Buckley admirer, great, you have some wit about you too, I like that;
Bucks4Ever - that name suggest you too have high admiration for the man, Bucks, again, I have no problem with that - Your last few lines suggest your the one in the outer with the big mouth;
MagpieJoffa - you started off so well, even had me, but your toilet humour won me over;
Nifty - your lazy;
AlfAndrews - I liked it...here's a person who knows when not to take things so seriously
Kristin5 - the number also suggests a Buckley lover, you appear to be the brains;
MargOz - the winner, someone who actually rebuffed the discussion with some good points and facts, thanks;
Legga - yeah, but the Captain having an altercation with the runner, doesn;t show leadership for the 17-21 year olds, now does it;
JLC - loyalty, a damn good point, did anyone else think of that?;
Mags - the baby of the group, but also the one who told em like it is, he is a champion;
Spidergirl - seems to me to be the one that everyone picks on about a question of loyalty and passion for the Club, I think ya's got passion darl;
Joel - the English champ, doesn;t make sense pal;
Elvira7 - I made the comment luv, give me an earful, seems to have a problem with Spidergirl that dates back to the Dinosaur age;
Clemo - again another straight to the point, I like that and also not deflamatory, good;
Rohan - aaah Rohan, my lifesaver, thank you oh thank you oh thank you.

Guys, it is opinion, if you don;t want to answer, don't. Just a suggestion.
If the moon turned blue, the sky opened up and swallowed all the other clubs, Buckley would still be there, footy in hand, looking for some other fool to take on in a game. He IS a champion. Say no more.
Please, merely pionting out an observation and offering an opinion.
This is a discussion point isn;t it?????????????

GOOD OL' COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!!!!!!

D9

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:22 pm

Well i recon we sack Eddie as president..
so there

*JOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:40 pm

Fair point D9 - it is a discussion point Sorry you copped the bagging for the two suit boys who sit near me every week and constantly bag BUCKS - you're not one of them are u? And you couldn't be futher off the mark - I never swear at the footy even at my age mum can still clip me round the ears!!! We could probably get some decent players for Bucks but you can't buy loyalty and dedication and I think has displayed an abundance of both and deserves the same in return.

Rohan 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:33 am

There is no way they would trade Buckley as I see him with another 3 to 4 years left.

Sure he is going to decline, but this will be of more benefit to the side as young players learn to back their own judgement and not always play through Buckley.

We need another midfielder to ease the burden off O'Bree and Buckley. Fremantle's Heath Black would be ideal as he uncontracted and has indicated a desire to come back to Victoria.

We are going to have to give away quality to get him. The only player I can see as a potential trade for him is Licuira.

I agree he has had a great season and he is a ball magnet. But the main criticism I have of him is that for the position he plays, he hasn't got adequate foot skills.

He plays a loose man in defence and as a result is going to get a lot of ball. The trouble is that he rarely finds his targets.

Imagine if we had a skillful (by foot) as our quarterback/playmaker out of the backline.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: