Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Nathan Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d9 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:45 pm
Post subject: Our Nathan BuckleyReply with quote

Hmmmm,

Nathan Buckley....can anyone tell me what the hell the argument btwn Buck's and runner Gayfer was about....what the hell is going on with Buck's...12 months ago he would never do anything like that.....
Question...is the fact that Buck's is not the only "good" player in the team, that is, we don;t have to rely on him week in week out, getting to the man...wasn't it the week prior that he and Malthouse were having a bit of a fiery stoush at 3 quarter time...I heard a vicious rumour, and I'm not the man to believe in rumours but, he has major problems relating to half the team...Williams was booted out, he'll win the Swans B&F this year, the Tarrant rumour previously...I hate to admit it, but with the team we've got("Jesus Christ will go flat out makin' the Reserves" name the quote?), ie Tarrant, Fraser, Lonie, the Davis twins, Lockyer, Shaw and a host of others too many to mention here, is there going to be any room under the salary cap for Buckley say in two/ three years time...I say get rid of him while he's still worth somethin'...
I mean, how would you feel, if you were a player, watching the footy show and there's Mcquire admitting that he, in his own private time, was giving Buckley a "massage" on his "sore" calf/ hammy....

MAY THE D9 BE WITH YOU, ALWAYS, CAUSE IF HE AINT, HE'S GONNA GET YA

D9

pants42 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall i be the first to address this dribble, this is not the first time you have trotted out your ingenious idea of trading nathan, 13aug pavelich you gun.,you also obviously had not taken the required medication then and i feel you should seek medical attention once again, yours sincerly blah, blah ,blah. give me strength dear lord.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:17 pm

Well D9 your post isnt winning you any brownie points....
Buckley is a champion..... we've got him and we'll keep him for as long as he wishes to stay........ so put that in your pipe and smoke it..... but make sure you do it near a boy in blue so that you'll end up in the back of the divvi van.... that should keep you out of circulation for a while and in the meantime maybe Bucks will lead a premiership side.... hold the cup up high as his reward for sticking by us thru all the lean years.........

GO BUCKS....... YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TRUE CHAMPION

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:49 pm

You are joking right!!!!!!!!!! So in a passionate game where emotions are high a fiercely competitive and LOYAL captain is not allowed to express any emotion GET A LIFE !! You don't think that MM is a passionate man who is old and wise enough to know the emotions some one like Bucks may be feeling - didn't look like any problem when they were singing the song together. Shit maybe the last two weeks or so he is wound up as he is desperate for us to play finals - not a bad attitude and approach I would have thought. You obviously admire Molloy - what do think drives him ?????????? Passion maybe?????? Go back a few months and read Molloy's article on Bucks - then F**k off and get a life and get off Buck's case!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 3:26 am

Nathan is a very nice person always says hi and on ocasions even stops for a chat..i was critical of bucks some time ago beecause i thought bucks was a bit snobby but since the start of this year bucks has been very approachable down to earth and a pleasure to know and always acknowledges the cheer squad when walking of the ground after a win...none of us will ever forget the victory over port adelaide when bucks bought the boys down to the goal square and together we all sang the anthem.

My football opinion changed greatly regarding bucks in round 3 i think it was when we defeated carlton at the MCG, in that frantic last quarter bucks threw himself onto the ball and into packs when trying to stop carlton from scoring and i believe it was that which won us the game.

Bucks was and is a champion footballer and im proud to say that also he is a champion person.

And he is a great captain of our great club and i aint gonna lay down and let some idiot hang shit on him i dont know where you came from d9 but beware hanging shit for the sake of hanging shit on our bucks is not going to win you many friends.

I have just finished reading the herald sun and there was a story on great players in finals series and it mentions bucks hasnt played a final since 1994 i felt sad when i read that because great players such as our bucks should have the honor of at least once representing their club in a grand final and many many finals appearances.

When collingwood runs onto the ground in that second week of september being led by our bucks i will be proud as punch and i will be excited for our captain perhaps our greatest ever captain.

The guy is a superstar.

As far as your filthy comments on wanting to trade bucks i will print your post and take it to the toilet with me for that is the only place it belongs.

Go bucks you thucking legend!!!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 17 August 2001).]

Nifty 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:45 am

After been an avid reader of this forum I have finally plucked the courage to finally post something.

Trade Nathan Buckley!! You've got to be kidding yourself.

My question is when does Bucks qualify for the veterans list. This will then enable the club to only show half of his contract in the salary cap.

Nifty

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 5:16 am

Well D9. You've certainly set the cat among the magpies with that suggestion. How to win friends and influence people !

I liked your comment about how Jesus would be struggling to make our reserves team.
That reminds me of an old Hawthorn joke from the late 60s/early 70s.

There was a church somewhere in Hawthorn that always used to put these Christian messages on a huge billboard for passing motorists to read.
One week they put up the following message:
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF JESUS CHRIST CAME TO HAWTHORN?

Some smartarse replied, "I'd move Hudson to centre half forward."

As for your suggestion of getting rid of Buckley ... I'd say when hell freezes over we should give it some thought.

**floreat pica**

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 6:47 am

Welcome Nifty - good first post!

Nathan just turned 29, but I think he has to be 30 at the start of the season to be put on the veteran's list, so if that's the case it'll be 2003.

And, I'm not even going to dignify the comments made by d9 with a response - except to say that Nathan Buckley is a COLLINGWOOD Champion. As I've said before, we should all feel privileged that he plays for our great club and has stuck with us even thru the hard times. Go Nath and Go Pies!!!

[This message has been edited by kristin5 (edited 17 August 2001).]
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 7:04 am

I would have thought that our wins being due to a team effort, rather than being on one mans shoulders, would be a relief to Buckley.

We all know he's a perfectionist and passionate about winning and playing in finals, but I'm sure he's well aware that he can't do that on his own and that the closer the team are and the better they ALL play, the more likely he is to have the opportunity to lead his team out onto the ground in a final.

We need our boys to be passionate and hungry and if that means occasionally getting frustrated or giving away a free kick for desperately wanting the ball then that's still a good sign.

Bucks has continuously shown loyalty to the Collingwood Football Club and I think we need to show our loyalty to him, both as our Captain and as one of THE best footballers in AFL history.

GO PIES!

Marg

Legga 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 7:18 am

I can remeber about 18 months ago listening to Tony Shaw, and he brought up the possibility of trading Bucks while he was worth 2-3 good players and drft choices. His rationale behind this was that we ahd a pretty ordinary team and that one man would not win you a flag. Back then I must admit, I thought there was some merit in the argument. We didn't have a good team and I thought things were looking bleak. Well, I have certainly changed my mind on that one. Bucks MUST stay at Collingwood to reap the rewards of his loyalty over the past 7 years. We are now a legitimate chance for the finals, and next year I reckon we are a certainty. D9, I think you are looking for trouble where there is none. If Bucks had an altecation with Gayfer, so what. Ask any AFL runner and they will tell you that every game they have altercations with players. As fro Bucks and MM, a vigorous discussion is healthy, and I'm sure MM doesn't think that an input of ideas is wrong.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 7:32 am

Enough with the dribble...............Nathan Buckley is a champion who is most likely playing at about 90% fitness yet has still been in our best players week in and week out.

Eddie McGuire also likes Tarrant as well and looks after him.

What type of message would trading Buckley send to the rest of the group ?? Why would you want to remain loyal to a club if they wont remain loyal to you ??

Buckley has remained loyal to Collingwood even when we were struggling and he could have gone to another club.

Anyway D9 or D12 or whatever your name is i think you should have a good think about your comments as you are talking about a four time Copeland trophy winner and an out and out champion of the AFL.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 9:18 am

D9 i agree with u pretty much on all of that although i wouldn't be too quick to believe those exact rumours but yes i definately think there is something there with Buckley's attitude. Definately it is clear that there r others in the team who have been going better than him this is more a positive point for Collingwood i think because relying on one player is ridiculous!I too have been discussing perhaps trading Buckley while he is worth something very big in return because perhaps in a few years if the club had to get rid of him he may not be wot he is today and therefore not get much back for him.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:05 am

I'm not going to even reply to this. Actually, if the guys have problems with Bucks then I dont they would re-sign for a few more years.

JDF
Elvira7 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:24 am

Spidergirl, GET A BLOODY GRIP!!!! Anyways, who the hell do you really barrack for???? I've never EVER heard of anyone being able to follow so many clubs as you do. True, Passionate, Diehard, One Eyed supporters wouldnt even waste their slag on any other club!!! This might be all fun and games to you but I tell you what, JUDGING BY YOUR LAST COMMENTS ON BUCKS IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!
How can you even begin to agree with all the Bullshit D9 has said on his PATHETIC post, SAKES?????!!!!!!!! I'm begining to wonder where all the REAL COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS HAVE GONE???????????????? %$^£$%^&%%, THIS HAS PISSED ME RIGHT OFF!!!!!

BUCKLEY is with NO DOUBT the BEST OF THE BEST and as Kristin mentioned, WE SHOULD ALL FEEL PRIVILEGED THAT BUCKLEY PLAYS FOR OUR MAGNIFICENT CLUB!!!! "TRADE BUCKS YOU SAY WHILE HE'S WORTH SOMETHING" THAT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT CHAMPION FOOTBALLERS, NO MATTER WHAT, WHEN OR HOW, BUCKS WILL BE WORTH A MINT (you cant put a value on champions) CAUSE PLAYERS SUCH AS BUCKS ARE NATURAL BORN STARS AND THERE AINT MANY OUT THERE SWEET HEART!!!!!!

Elvira7..................

[This message has been edited by Elvira7 (edited 17 August 2001).]

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 10:34 am

funny how anytime i am not the SHEEP and follow everyone elses opinion on here just coz i may happen to have a different view and not afraid to say it ppl attack my status as a Collingwood supporter. U can say wot u want but i know that as a Collingwood social club member one who goes to pretty much every game to support the boys, goes to training, goes to club functions and spends a lot of time around the club and money then I FU@KING WELL CAN SAY MY OPINION TOO and if i can't then what is the point of having a discussion eh??? just so ppl can all say the same things and have to ALL agree on somethin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: