Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the game here in SA, (not televised) so thanks guys and gals for all the opinions...they're great!
Standing back and looking at the overall picture I see so clearly that this year is just a warm-up...a training course.
We are very nearly the most consistent side in the comp.
No-one has really done us and we were a good chance to win pretty much every game that we lost.
That shows we have the talent and commitment that is up there with the best.
I think we can assume that we are only going to get better...we will gain experience strength and decision-making under pressure. As I have written elsewhere, if players reach the peak of their abilities after 25 then we have a lot of guys who will be so good at this game in the next two years.
Someone challenged my fantasy that Rocca could be another Ablett...well Ablett didn't become god till about the age 26...then he entered another plane...Rocca has the *power* to ROCK...marking strength, kicking strength, physical strength...and he can ruck...BOG's means he can do it...he may be another who one day will simply be untaggable.
Now does anyone know what is happening with Adkins?

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:04 am

I think pebbles can be another wayne carey. last night, rocca was awesome. he exposed dustin fletcher for what he really is - an overrated and umpire protected hack. pebbles has stepped up another notch this year. he is easily one of the best kicks over distance in the comp, can take a big grab, seems to lead better than sav, and is handy in the ruck. if he can maintain his consistency and fitness, I have no doubt that he can be a superstar.

essendon is successful not only because of their skills and good coaching, but that they physically intimidate the opposition. we have players who have a little mongrel in them, and don't mind hurting the opposition: molloy, burns, rintoul, lockyer, johnson, even rocca when he lines someone up. for such a young team, it is good to see that they are not afraid or intimidated by any team.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 12:35 pm

y the hell does everyone ASK me that??

DAN THE MAN soz but get a life.
i mean.. its not u.. but everyone seems to think i choose the playas bloody hell about wat they LOOK like???

i am dedicated to da 1 da only da Paul Licuria (and ben kinnear)

god... u ppl would think i was in luv with fkin matthew gay arse lloyd

i am not one of those chicks who has nothing betta to do.. than spend her money, her occupation, her brains, and her LIFETIME to fkin good looking footballers

quite the opposite actually, i spend all those things on COLLINGWOOD

so piss off cuz i have nothing to say nemore.

if u don't see me posting messages its cuz all u ppl think the worst of me

just cuz i'm a gurl doesn't mean i don't have the ability to pick a good playa from another.. i DO have eyes

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

PS Au Revior Paleminos

[This message has been edited by @shLicuria (edited 19 August 2001).]
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:04 pm

ash... calm down!!!

~BANGER JR~
d9 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 2:11 pm

Very interesting..
But I do tend to agree with the Spider on this one..
Collingwood lost that game. End of story.
To be the best you must beat the best. And given those a.holes from Windy Hill won the P'ship last year and sit on top this year, they are the measuring stick.
Malthouse, I'm sure, would not be talking up a loss. While it is a great learning curve for all the younger players we must not accept defeat, even if defeat was 10 minutes in the last.
They would have known if they dropped off for a minute, the Dons would crusify them, they did it for ten, and the Dons kicked six.
McHale would be turning in his grave to hear supporters accept defeat. It's the players who are learning not us. We go out to win every game, don;t we?
When we journey to the ground don;t we go cause we think we're gonna win?? We don;t go for an admirable defeat, do we?
I sure as hell don;t, and while I agree they will learn from it, they lost and I'm very bitter about that. All that good work for 3 1/2 quarters and to drop off like that p@#^%^& me off.

PS. As I keep signing off with (with apologies to Tarkyn cause i think he is a gun)
RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN, YOU BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THE D9 MAN!

D9

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 2:30 pm

I think the question is whether the players have the self belief to beat Essenond ?? All the games against Essendon have a familiar pattern. We hang in their and enjoy the lead for a great part but cannot put it on the scoreboard. Until we get that Self Belief we will not beat them

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:15 pm

Hird's still on his knees, sucking a white maggot !

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:24 pm

Sorry Ash, I shouldn't have made that comment.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:40 pm

thanx dan the man....

tis me should be sorry... i am just in a bad mood lately... DO U RELISE HHHOOWWWWW many times i had to explain the umpire thing today??

i mean those essendon supporters r so full of it. seriously, 3/4 of the supporters who mentioned the game, didn't even watch it. so i'm like wat the hell r u on about then??

stupid dick heads.

newayz... hopefully i'll be in a betta mood tomoz.... or tonite..

whenevr.....

hmmm..

Luv da 1 da only da now.. getting to being happy.. da @sh Licuria

PS I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 1:47 pm

Is cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: