Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:07 pm
Post subject: DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!Reply with quote

Oh man!!!!!! What happened in the first 10 minutes of the last quarter???? We were so much better than that. This is so frustrating right now. I hate to lose, I HATE it. But when it's like that? I don't even know what to say.

I hope Tarks is OK. I think I felt just as bad for poor Jarrod.

Natk78 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know, very disappointing tonight. We played equal if not better than them tonight(apart from 5 in the first and 10 in the last)I'm still so proud, we showed the crowd that we should be in the eight. We will win the next two games against the blues and north and prove to everyone out there that we will be a serious force next year. As was said, I hope tarks is ok, that knock looked sickening.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:37 pm

I thought we matched them pretty well but in typical Collingwood style just couldn't finish off with it...and i can't believe i'm saying this especially after watching his bro last night but Anthony Rocca actually did an alrighty job oh yeh and thank god Lloyd wasn't in or the scoreboard coulda made us look a lot worse!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:52 pm

I don't think anyone can say "typical Collingwood style" not to be able to finish the close ones anymore. We have stepped up a mile from that this year and we're only going to get better.

Anthony Rocca has been an absolute champion this year!! Especially the last few weeks when some of the other champions have dropped off a bit. What are you talking about Spidergirl? You can be VERY critical sometimes.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:01 pm

What drugs are you on, Spidergirl. Collingwood was clearly the better side on the night. We completely outplayed those over-rated pansies. We were crucified by the umpires and deserved to win by about 6 goals. All their goals came from free kicks in front of goal. We only lost because the match was rigged.

**floreat pica**

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:02 pm

kennedy and allen............disgraceful.......

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:27 pm

Excuse me Mr Hird what was that someone was standing within a foot of you - well by all means then have a free kick in front of goal!!!!YOU ABSOLUTE BLOODY TOSSER!! this is getting beyond a joke now - Tarrant gets scragged every week free kick FORGET IT - PLAY ON .
Still very proud of the effort ten minutes and three lobectomy recipients cost us. Go Pies you can still do it!

pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:35 pm

My humble opinion,fair dinkum crucified by those white maggots conspiracy theories abound no doubt ,the grassy knoll as well..

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 9:41 pm

Obviously didnt see the game but the ABC commentators were totally perplexed by the umpires, like some off the Ess frees they were callling as pies frees, then trying to figure out what was going on in the umps mind!!!

10 mins killed us, though it sounded like we perhaps shouldve been 3 or 4 up at 3/4 time. How close were some of the 'points' we kicked?????

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 5:33 am

My opinion why we lost a match where we had the majority of B.O.G players:

UMPIRING Colour-blinded and inconsistent

UMPIRING Inconsistent and biased

TURNOVERS Especially in the last half. Our serial turnover merchants lead the way, as they do each week. Yet guys like Kinnear, Betheras and Didak etc get dropped for far less only after one game

PASSANGERS Too many players given too little ground time and doing very little when on. Why did we drop ‘pit-bull’ Johnson for someone who spent 80% of the match on the bench? Again our group of serial offenders get selected week in even though they only perform in one in four games. Yet guys like Tuckey, Scotland, Didak, Betheras etc can’t get a game.

KNOCK OUT The physical loss of a player who goes after the footy like a rabid dingo and the psychological loss of another champion.

TEAM SELECTION/COACHING Why do we continually let points 2 & 3 occur, when we have the depth to cover other players low periods?

The POSITVES from the game:
ROCCA 6 goals and great ruck work. Two BOG in a row.

ROCCA Keeping up the tradition of one forward kicking 5-6 goals against Essendon.

BUCKLEY Mostly his brilliant self

N. DAVIS Brilliant as always

BURNS What a match! If fit enough to play 4 quarters he would have been B.O.G

BACKLINE Solid for most of the match.

The wait is almost over.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 6:29 am

Yes i agree we outplayed them last night and the umpires were shocking HOWEVER by saying 'in typical Collingwood style' i mean that i am sick of accepting us not finishing it off - playing 3 quarters of footy!!! I am happy with our improvement this year but I WILL NOT SIT BACK AND ACCEPT DEFEAT and be happy with that or make excuses about umpiring. I know we played a top side but i just wanna see the Pies hold their lead right up until the final siren and not until the third quarter then drop off.

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 19 August 2001).]

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:17 am

i just think we would kick more arse if
didak was in
mckee was in
kinnear put in fwd line
tarrant put on bench (just as a light security blanket)
TUCKEY bought in THEN we will see WHO is boss and finally wake everyone up that he can kick arse SOOOOO much betta than... well... i won't say his name but u have probably figured it out.

and tarkyn needs to be able to get more access into that fwd line. i mean still keep him in the middle cuz we need him there.. but not rely on his as much so he can kick those beeeaaauuuuttiiifullll goals of his... which he can kick SO many of, just needs a bita room.

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

oh and kinnear also kicks butties in the ruck (he kix butt anywhere... but he can play ruck too... so anytime joshie needs to roam around to kick butt everywhere else we can take the pressure off, by not having only rocca and mckee to help him, but kickin butt kinnear as well)

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

but then again... mick knows wat hes doin... and he rox at it

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

PS remember guyz... this season is SOOOO just a warm up... wether we make the finals or not! i reakon next yr itll be grand.. and all those opp teams will be shakin in their boots when its time for them to play the mighty collingwood magpies

PPS ROCK ON!!!!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:56 am

fair analysis fab4. although the season may now be over for the pies, there were many positives to come out of the two encounters that they played against the reigning premiers.

I thought the backline did a magnificent job last night. presti was dour as usual and very effective, and almost kicked a goal in the 3rd qtr. his timing in getting in with the spoil is almost silvagni-esque, and prevented many essendon marks. wakes was rock solid and provided good run out of the backline. kinnear was fantastic although he did still panic a bit when he had the ball, otherwise he probably played his best game for the year.

yep, great to see burnsey back to his best. we sorely needed some mongrel back in the team, and the return of burns and rintoul adds much needed toughness. it was fantastic to see him get in and under the packs, and he's one player who is not intimidated by the essendon thugs. tarks was the unfortunate victim of "friendly fire" from the D9, but at least he was 100% committed before he was knocked out cold.

licuria is a frustration. an excellent player who is 100% committed and is probably the best handballer in the side, but lets himself down with poor foot disposals, esp. on his right. he should play within himself, and not try to take too many on as he often runs himself into trouble, like in the last qtr. if he can improve his foot disposal skills, he would be just as devastating as bucks.

it's good to see that, like carlton, c'wood don't seem to be intimidated by essendon. for 3 qtrs, the midfield dominated the bombers, until they cranked up a gear late in the 3rd. look, this is the reigning premier and competition benchmark we're talking about. setting aside the dubious field and goal umpiring, the only thing in it were some fortunate essendon goals from in close and some skill errors by the pies. otherwise, c'wood had their measure. and don't forget, the pies have beaten carlton this year whereas essendon have not.

overall, I think c'wood are just one or two quality players shy of being a premiership threat.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:45 am

@sh, would I be wrong in saying that your choices aren't exactly based on football ability?

p.s. Who do you actually go for Spidez?

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:47 am

the first 3 quarters we looked really good, we can beat carlton and north and still maybe get into the finals.
finally benny kinnear is getting a chance, and hes playing very well indeed! onya benny.
tarkyn better be back soon, that looked really bad. it was amazing that misiti (i think it was) went and saw if he was alright, that was good of him.
hayden kennedy the farkin soft cock, oh he gets my back up EVERYTIME he unpires us he is so bloody obvious about giving away pathetic free kicks, him allan and that other dickhead sheehan would make the nightmare trio for umpiring collingwood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: