Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You can only wonder

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DG 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:22 pm
Post subject: You can only wonderReply with quote

You can only wonder where we might have been on the ladder had Scott Burns been fully fit for the season. I thought against Essendon he was great considering he had only played a handful of games this year, although he took a few minutes to get the pace of the game he brought back many fond memories of the Scott Burns of old, tough, hard, uncompromising and some much needed grunt in the middle. On another matter, it has been a long time in my opinion since I have seen a player as protected as James Hird, yes he is a good player, but then again, I too would probably captain Essendon if there was a rule that said nobody was allowed to tackle me!!!!, and I agree with some earlier posts that the umpiring was appalling for both sides on occasions, more-so Collingwood, and I would be curious if anyone could tell me how many goals Essendon got from free kicks, and guys be brave by all means but don't run where Jarrod Molloy is, great game Licca as well. Sorry guys & girls I covered a few topics but I don't contribute very often so I've got to get it off my chest. Never Say Never, keep cheering, DG. 

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty Burns - welcome back. Great effort. Emphasis on effort.
Take a bow A. Rocca also. Another 4 quarter effort.

From the report on the Willi match there are a few possible inclusions. Next week we can beat Carlton and stay in touch with the finals. A win next week will be even sweeter because it is Carlton!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:19 am

It will be interesting to see whether Scotty gets a guernsey next season. He's one of the most courageous players I've ever seen and was one of our very few genuine good players a couple of years back when we couldn't scratch ourselves.

But unfortunately he has always been very injury prone ... and this season his injury woes have gotten completely out of control.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded. It would be very sad because he really has been a great player for The Club and I'd love nothing more than to see him in a Collingwood jumper with a premiership medallion around his neck. But I just don't think it's gunna happen somehow.

**floreat pica**

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:25 am

Firstly when referring to Scott Burns dont forget the Sir in front of his name. It should be Sir Scott Burns.

Secondly there is no way that they will trade him. Its no coincidence that when he is up and firing that Collingwood looks like a much better team.

There are many more players that would go off our list before Sir Scott Burns

APA       

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:08 am

I think Scott Burns is a top class player and if he can get his injuries right then he is only an asset to the team.

We desperately need his great ability to get the ball out of the middle which he did fantastically on Saturday night. Not to mention the hard work and skills he displayed on the back line. And not to mention his knack of kicking a team-lifting goal now and then too!!!

It's great to have you back Scotty!

GO PIES!

Marg

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:52 pm

General Burnsy - it's great to have ya back.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:27 pm

Dont forget the Sir in front of his name

SIR SCOTT BURNS

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 10:01 am

Collingwood trading Sir Scott Burns would be wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: