Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GRUDGE MATCH: WILL THE ARMY RETURN

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 4:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope when we play finals football, that it's the dedicated, one-eyed Magpie supporters like the majority in this forum, that end up getting finals tickets.

I agree that there are supporters who, for one reason or another, can't get to all our games but that doesn't mean they are any less passionate.

BUT it's the arm-chair 'supporters' who couldn't give a damn about the footy during the season and constantly bag players that will suddenly put their hands up for finals tickets AND get them AND usually at the expense of real supporters! That stinks.

And I know there's no guarantees in life BUT the AFL HAVE to make sure that the real supporters don't get kicked in the teeth at finals time. Once the members of each side playing in finals get their share of tickets THEN the remainder should be distributed to corporates and competition winners etc. If the AFL want to keep the average supporter going to the football there has to be a better system.

GO PIES!

Marg

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 4:08 am

bucks4ever,

You have just revolutionised industrial relations. What a great idea. Having it written into your employment contract that you will not work when Collingwood are playing.

Trades Hall ... are you listening?

I wonder what the Minister for Screwing the Workers, Tony "the failed Jesuit" Abbot, would have to say about that. I'm convinced that Tony Abbot left the priesthood because modern day education and political correctness has taken all the fun out of being a priest. At least in the olden days a Jesuit got to indulge in a bit of S and M if he happened to land a job in a school. He's been taking it out on the workers and the unemployed ever since.

Poor Tony. You poor pathetic excuse for a human being.

I seriously think someone should run bucks4ever's idea past St.Tony (the patron saint of work-for-the-dole) just to get his reaction. I'm sure he'd come up with some amazingly quotable piece of stupidity to further illustrate his contempt for humanity.

**floreat pica**

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 9:51 am

I give up.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:21 am

quote:
Read it again - you're suggesting that the pretend collingwood supporters are in here. The only objections you got last time were from people who felt wronged. I know it wasn't your intention to criticise them, but it's easy to forget that pretenders are not here and can't hear you, and the true supporters end up getting it in the neck - read that quote again.

Mike that is exactly how I read it. Sorry Joffa but I HATE generalisations, it is a misrepresentation of something.

JDF
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:47 pm

I too was disgusted by Sundays turnout. Before it came up on the scoreboard I'd already looked around and thought "Where are they????"

Maybe there should be a system where the supporters who actually show up get priority during finals. We deserve it more than the pretenders. It's all computerised with scanners now, surely they can tell who shows up and who doesn't. It's bad enough this week I have to reserve a seat in the AFL members and not sit where I always do because of them. If they were there every week, then fine.

That's the worst thing about this. If, I mean WHEN, Collingwood make the finals we have to compete with them for tickets. It's not fair and it's not right.

ps. This is not directed at ANYONE on this board. I'm just venting.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:23 pm

Hi Alf and Bucks4ever

I have had that clause in my contract (I will not work when Collingwood are playing and I will also have Monday off when we play interstate) for the past 5 years..... It works well bosses are happy ....and Im extatic..... All I do as soon as the fixture comes out give the dates that I wont be there and all is sweet....thanks KMART.

BE LOUD......BE PROUD

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:28 am

That's a great idea Joffa - why cant they prioritise final tickets according to attendenace? As you say it must be recorded maybe we can raise it with the board - what do you think?

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 3:56 am

Yes its a great idea membership tickets are bar coded so its easy to see who are fair dinkum and who are not.

The membership base must be taken care of when distributing finals tickets its easy,if you go and support during the year you have the full right to be given first preference to finals tickets.

Its an old argument i know and it gets pretty boring but what right do others have who during the season dont give a shit and all of a sudden cry poor so to speak when come the finals they cant get tickets.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 7:17 am

I agree there must be some way of rewarding the LOYAL supporters with finals tickets. Its amazing to see in the newspapers pages and pages with scalpers advertising tickets for sale. The question is how do these people get the tickets ahead of us loyal supporters ??

I also dont like the idea of people getting finals tickets first simply because they have money to buy a more expensive membership. I dont believe a persons loyalty can be measured by money.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:57 am

The wait is almost over.

[This message has been edited by Fab4 24-10-26-16 (edited 17 August 2001).]

Fab4 24-10-26-16 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 5:48 am

JLC does this answer your question? Sound familair?

From AFL web page

Clubs in seat scam
By Nick Papps

Saturday, August 18, 2001

AFL clubs have been accused of a multi-million-dollar Grand Final ticket-scalping scam.

A damning State Government report has found AFL clubs scalped up to 5600 tickets for last year's sell-out Grand Final.

The report, obtained by the Sunday Herald Sun, calls for a shake-up of club ticket allocations and new police powers to clamp down on scalpers.

It states: ''The primary source of resold AFL Grand Final tickets appears to be the AFL clubs themselves,'' with the tickets being sold for an average of $500 each -- five times the listed price.

Yesterday, Sports Minister and former Carlton ruckman Justin Madden said scalpers were squeezing sports fans out of events.

''It puts the events out of the reach of the ordinary punter,'' he said.

''We don't want to see the people squeezed out of these events. It's the ordinary punters that make these events great.''

The report, to be released for public discussion tomorrow, says the AFL clubs' re-selling activities need to be reviewed and made ''transparent and bona fide''.

It says the 14 clubs not competing in the Grand Final are re-selling up to 400 of the 700 tickets allocated to them by the AFL each year in a scam worth up to $2.8 million a year.

''The evidence suggests a number of non-competing clubs are redirecting up to 400 or more of their 700 Grand Final tickets to the secondary market,'' the report says.

''While the continuation of such a practice is essentially a matter for the AFL and its constituent clubs to resolve, the rights of members and consumers should not be ignored,'' the report says.

It also says Medallion Club members, AFL members and club members are reselling their Grand Final tickets for up to $1000 each to recoup their membership costs.

Other scalping scams identified in the report include:

TICKETS for a place in a Grand Final ticket queue for Essendon members being sold for $600 each.

TICKET agency staff scalping tickets instead of selling at listed prices to the general public.

HOSPITALITY packages being used to sell super-expensive scalped tickets to corporate customers.

SOME AFL clubs selling Grand Final tickets for $600 at the start of the season to fund player payments.

The discussion paper, entitled Controlling Ticket Scalping and Improving Major Event Ticketing Practices, will be sent to sporting organisations within days.

They will be asked to comment on several new measures being considered to target scalpers, including:

NEW police powers to search scalpers, seize tickets and demand names and addresses.

POLICE power to arrest anyone who refuses to co-operate.

LICENSING and taxing anyone selling more than 10 tickets to an event.

OUTLAWING any commissions on the reselling of tickets.

ESTABLISHING a code of conduct for ticket sellers.

REVIEWING the number of tickets allocated to clubs not in the Grand Final.

LIMITING the number of tickets that can be purchased by an individual or organisation.

The report follows demands by Essendon for a Grand Final ticketing overhaul to free up more tickets for followers of the two teams competing in the final.

Last year, Essendon president Graeme McMahon called for fewer tickets to be allocated to non-competing clubs after only 13,000 of the club's 34,000 members were able to attend the Grand Final.

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said yesterday the league had begun a review of its ticket allocation to the clubs.

''Sale of Grand Final tickets is a key revenue source for clubs as part of their corporate packages,'' he said.

''But it's a concern to us when club members are unable to access Grand Final tickets.''

The wait is almost over.

[This message has been edited by Fab4 24-10-26-16 (edited 19 August 2001).]

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 12:48 pm

Yes that was a very timely article in the newspaper. At least now the issue will be addressed. Although it appears we will not be in the finals this year

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 6:14 pm

yeh the whole ticket situation p....s me off! its bad enough when the afl say u have to buy your tickets in advance (or risk not getting in) for certain matches (can be quite often with collingwood). Then u go a purchase it from ticketmaster and they charge you an extra $11.00 for each game (more for decent seats at colonial) on top of your membership and on top of the $10.80 train ticket to the ground. when you are earning jack all it can get so damn expensive.

Then there's the ridiculus situation that even though u go every match year after year your chances of getting a grand final ticket are basically zero while corporate yuppies and those earning mega bucks and often dont even support the teams, or attend very few games, still manage to get in ahead you.

The situation sux and I really hope something is done about it straight away. Eddie if you do read this post then maybe you could make some comments to those in high places and let us know whats going on please. At the very least surely there could be some deal struck with collingwood for their members and the train companies at least - it really is hard finding the money sometimes to attend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: