Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GRUDGE MATCH: WILL THE ARMY RETURN

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:07 am
Post subject: GRUDGE MATCH: WILL THE ARMY RETURNReply with quote

Last night after the game i went to The Depot and let me tell all you magpie fans the Essendon supporters are very cocky and arrogant. It is our duty as Collingwood supporters to put them in their place this week.

The crowd yesterday was a disgrace and an embarrasment. How quickly did the magpie army abandon our team. Those people should be ashamed as we should be supporting the club through thick and thin.

Finally Scotty Burns well done you are an inspiration to myself and many other Collingwood supporters.....

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add that Burnsy's goal was inspiring stuff. It's great to see him back in the team where he belongs and here's hoping he's soon back to his best form and playing a full game for us.

GO PIES and Go Scotty!

Marg

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:31 pm

JLC you are a fantastic collingwood supporter and i am so proud to have you as a mate.

What you have just said is so true and it hurts like hell but be careful mate i started a topic like this some time ago i got shit canned all over the place.

Apparantly the pretend collingwood supporters dont like it when there loyality and passion is in question so be prepared to cop it mate they will come back at you with piss weak excuses on why and how they couldnt attend an MCG match on a sunny sunday afternoon.

I dont call these people bandwagoners only scumbag richmomd have bandwagon supporters instead i have come up with the expression 'pretend collingwood supporters'and that is what they are.
JLC my fellow passionate maggie supporter the MCG shoulda been packed yesterday it was a must win game for the magpies it was so important for us to win to keep our finals dream alive.

When you speak JLC i listen because mate it was you and myself and many others who in the bad dark days week after week year after year rain hail or sunshine would be there supporting our magpies.

lets see 35.000 people lets be generous and say bulldogs had 15.000 supporters that leaves us with 20.000 supporters its enough to make us cry !!!

we are the most improved side in the competition we at long last have an exciting future.

Watch the pretend collingwood supporters demand finals tickets in 4 weeks time.

im with you JLC good on ya mate .

get ready mate we may have just upset the pretend ones.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:39 pm

Im ready Brotha Joffa, to cop peoples criticism. Im sure all the BANDWAGON supporters will return to the MCG this Saturday night to watch us play against the Bombers.

No doubt this week i will need to turn up early as all the "Once a year" supporters will be out in force. No doubt the Cricketers pub will packed this week as those "once a year" supporters come for a drink.

Collingwood supporters should realise that we have an exciting young team and they should show thier support as our club grows. How must the players feel when they run out and see a pathetic crowd like that. I think it was an insult to the Collingwood Football Club to have such a poor turn out. Im sure if it was a final a few of the supporters with "excuses" would have turned up to the game.

I think Collingwood supporters need to get a mirror and take a long hard look at themselves

APA

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:07 pm

There can be no criticism of what you say! If people can find the time, energy and money to come when we are winning then they can bloody well find it when we are not - simple as that.If they can't be bothered then p**s off and support someone else.As a shift worker it's bloody difficult when the AFL change games and venues with short notice but the way around it I found is to have written into your employment contract - I WILL NOT WORK ON COLLINGWOOD MATCH DAYS! So come on people keep the faith and SHOW your support.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:13 pm

Joffa I think its got more to do with people not being able to attend being labelled bandwagon supporters. I admit, I cannot attend every game (this year) and look forward to next year when I can, when I will actually have some free time on my hands. I decided to concentrate on my VCE and that was and still comes first this year, I'm sure if I lived closer it wouldn't be a problem. Black and White runs through my blood, and I hate not being able to attend.

I hate seeing small crowds for Collingwood like last week because it makes me feel as if it is partly my fault, which it is but I cannot help that nor can I afford it at present due to public transport costs where I live. We aren't on the MET system and it costs a bucketload to travel from here to Melbourne. Anyway you have heard it all before, I'm not taking offence at these posts, just remember some people have a valid excuse for not attending.

However, this is no excuse for last weeks pathetic crowd...the people who can attend need a foot up the arse.

JDF
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:37 pm

for the "pies supporters" that could have come to the mcg and didnt..our boys stuck it right up them with a fantastic performance..serves u right 4 not coming..u missed out on some exciting football..and a great effort by the guys...atleast we know who the true supporters are...

we're coming...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:45 pm

Leonin5 - Please read my post, not everyone lives near Melbourne like you might, and not everyone can afford it or have the time because of school commitments and work. Please don't generalise your posts! Its bloody annoying not being able to attend the footy.

Joff - Wait till next year mate, I'll be right there with yas in the Cheersquad...can't wait.

JDF
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:03 pm

JLC if you're just having a grumble about the bandwagoners - fair enough. But if you think you're reaching them here you're sadly mistaken.

And Joffa, the reason that you got shit canned all over the place last time is because topics like this miss their mark and hit the wrong people.

The bandwagoners can't hear you, they're not here and they're not interested anyway. The people that are affected by these posts are the ones that for reasons usually out of their control, cannot attend matches.

It's like the old if you're not a member, you're not a true supporter argument - it's pointless in here. The people in here are the believers.

Those people who can't get to games or buy memberships (or both) for whatever reason are made to feel that they must continually justify their positions. They feel guilty enough as it is without being constantly reminded that they are being judged by others. I know you've said that you don't aim your criticism at those people, but that's where it hits anyway.

The net is a great way for those people to be a part of the Mighty Collingwood Football Club, please don't spoil that.

I know - because I'm one of them.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:09 pm

Mike - You have hit the nail on the head with that post. Thanks.

JDF
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:14 pm

Nah thats fair enough.........i just hate it when we have a couple of losses and people stop going.........yet when we win the crowds flock back........

Yeah true i have met many people from here and all of them were loyal supporters of the club so i agree on that point

APA

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:51 pm

quote:
lets see 35.000 people lets be generous and say bulldogs had 15.000 supporters that leaves us with 20.000 supporters its enough to make us cry !!!

The bulldogs with 15,000 supporters?? being a bit too generous methinks!

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
Dazza42 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:36 pm

JLC and JOFFA i actually agree with you both, it does make you a bit sick in the gut to see such a poor crowd at a such important game for the pies and as bucks4ever said "If people can find the time, energy and money to come when we are winning then they can bloody well find it when we are not - simple as that" well i think that sums it up that its just pathetic.

But i have to say i think mike has hit the nail on the head with what he had to say that its no use having a go at the people who come to this board because every one who comes here are true believers of the pies (well ill say 98% of them are anyway).
Im also like mike in the way that i dont have a membership and cant get to many games (its about a 750km round trip for me) but i never miss a game weather its on the tv or the radio.

I can remember back at the start of the season when we played freo i was in hospital, just got out of the operating theatre, totally wacked of my head on morphine (wich i must say was quite good) and the first thing i asked the nurse was if they had a radio so i could listen to the pies. All im getting at is maybe you should watch who you call a bandwager because im sure not one and im sure most people in here are far from it to. Any way ill be at the game against the bombers thanks to a friend who got me tickets and i ill be yelling my arse off from start to finish,i just hope you dont think im going cause im a bandwager.

Finaly JLC and JOFFA its great to see we have such dedicated supporters like you guys and a few others in here because its the supporters like you that are the heart and sole of this club, keep up the good work guys.........

GO PIES

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:40 am

morphine.....wow id love a morphine hit.

Look we know everyone in here is a loyal fantastic collingwood supporter and what i and JLC have said is not directed at any one personally in this community.

But to bury ones head in the sand on this paticular subject is folly and i believe its a healthy subject to talk about.

Joel get over it if for some reason you couldnt attend because of study or work the post wasnt directed at you.

I tell you why some of us get embarrased and feel pretty nasty on this subject and that is i reckon collingwood probably have a hard core supporter group of 25.000 supporters these are the ones that have commited there time no matter what to attend all games and support collingwood.

Now its the other pretend group so to speak that will only attend blockbusters or games in which they feel collingwood have a better than 50 per cent chance of winning.

For instance look at our crowds at colonial when we play an interstate team colonial is pretty full and look at designated blockbuster games such as carlton richmond and essendon the MCG is always packed and sadly at times not with collingwood people.

Please dont come back at me with crowd stats for this season or any other season its a fact that anti collingwood hating bastards
love to see collingwood games in the hope of seeing us get beat as much as the hard core collingwood supporter goes to see hopefully the magpies win.

The pretend collingwood supporter is not going to give a shit we all know that he's just too happy to go through life declaring his love for collingwood but not prepared to get his hands dirty
and these people do upset the hard core collingwood supporter.

Look i know a lot of people on this board are living interstate and you have proved your loyality this post is not directed at you.

But people the bottom line is the crowd on sunday was disapointing and just like everything else collingwood that gets discussed on this board why does this paticular subject get so many people upset.

The hard core collingwood group so to speak have a right to ask what the hell is going on because without wanting to sound extremist or over emotional i believe we have the right say 'why is so much left to so few'.

Now instead of becoming defensive and over reacting why is it that on a beautiful sunny day in the heart of melbourne MCG( and as if the weather should have anything to do with it) and keep in mind the importance of the match and the season revival of the greatest team in the competition why in the hell should the hard core supporter sit back and be happy with a pathetic crowd in the mid 30.000 range.

Why cant it be dicussed in a meaningful way

Maybe football is a reflection of a society at any paticular time, we do live in a society of no commitment no loyality and no respect not totally but we are heading that way.

I can tell you this the collingwood people who follow collingwood no matter what will believe in the importance of comittment and were taught at a young age that loyality to your family and your work and your friends and yes to your football club
is probably the most important thing to behold.

Without loyality how can you have respect ?

let me put it this way do we walk away from our family when things get tough ?...i dont think so...do we abandon our children when things go wrong ?...again i dont think so.

So please people the value of talking and communicating is so important lets not shut a door on a subject none of us want to hear.

Let it not become a subject about how joe blow is more loyal than joe smith apologies to those with a surname of blow..LOL

But to say the crowd was not dissapointing on sunday gee come on give us a break.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 3:41 am

I'm not disagreeing with you Joffa and I'm not trying to shut down the argument. I don't like the way people suddenly become Pies fans when we're on a roll any more than you do, but they're a fact of life - and they're unreachable.

quote:
What you have just said is so true and it hurts like hell but be careful mate i started a topic like this some time ago i got shit canned all over the place.

Apparantly the pretend collingwood supporters dont like it when there loyality and passion is in question so be prepared to cop it mate they will come back at you with piss weak excuses on why and how they couldnt attend an MCG match on a sunny sunday afternoon.

Read it again - you're suggesting that the pretend collingwood supporters are in here. The only objections you got last time were from people who felt wronged. I know it wasn't your intention to criticise them, but it's easy to forget that pretenders are not here and can't hear you, and the true supporters end up getting it in the neck - read that quote again.

Look. All I'm saying is that no matter how much you rant and rave, the people that you're talking about don't give a shit and won't listen to what you have to say anyway. The people that do care are the ones that hear you.

You're preaching to the converted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: