Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

JLC GOES SHOPPING

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 6:04 am
Post subject: JLC GOES SHOPPINGReply with quote

After seeing yesterdays list of uncontracted players i thought i would write a list of the players of who i would select and why.

Firstly my first criteria was to ensure we only select young players who have the right attitude and who will be able to add something to the Collingwood Footbal club. I wouldnt go for a big name player with the exception of Solomon.

As everyone knows i would choose Dean Solomon. In return i would give a player like "Tyson Lane" and our second pick in the draft. Solomon could be the missing link to our midfield.

I would go after a player called Paddy Steinfort. In return we could give away a fringe player or a low draft pick. Paddy will develop into a talented ruckman in the future.

Andrew Williams is another player i would target. He is originally from Victoria and has played under Malthouse before so he knows what to expect. Has a great pair of hands and would be a very good forward. This would allow us greater flexibility with Jarrod Molloy. We could give them Dale Baynes and a high draft pick or something like that.

I also believe that we could use Prestigiacomo as trade bait. In the future if we get another forward we can play Molloy or Rocca or McKee at centre half back and Wakelin at Fullback. We also have Kinnear and Cloke developing into backman.

The other rumour i heard is that Misiti will go to freo in exchange for a high draft pick. I think if they have to lose one player it may be someone like Misiti as Misiti is 28 now so Sheedy would rather keep a younger player if it came down to a decision.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 6:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i definently reckon we should go after andrew williams. actually very talented in the tarrant-type mould. and malty would have coached him for a year or two. could be our next jimmy clement.

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 10:19 am

JLC what you have said in here I agre with except for the Presty trade cause he hasnt hd alot of time on the ground thi year but you now yourself that Presty is an alrigh player and I know he needs to perform more but to perform you need time on the ground is that a true statement well I have to go but I'll see you in the Ponny tomorrow ok Catcha later and Go The Pies!

Dan

PS: Remember the 2 nice shielas that was suposed tocome in round 1 I'll try to get them to come to the footy well at least 1 of them gotta go Catcha Jonny

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:08 am

About the Misiti rumour - just to let you know, his house is up for sale (auction is 1 September). Could this mean he knows he's going interstate?????

I've also heard that Rupert and Tyson are going to Port in exchange for Nick Stevens...

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:57 am

I really like Rupe and would be sorry to see him go. I heard about the Copeland night when he won the Ressies B&F as a rookie listed player. He gave a good passionate speach and finished with a "go pies!". Bucks then said thats the type of bloke we need at the club. I like his attitude and the way he plays for the jumper.
Having said that, Tys (who I don't rate highly) and Rupe for Stevens would be a good swap. Steven is a gun. I hadn't heard the rumour but I have heard numerous times he wants to come back to Melb.

As for Solomon for Lane - I can'tt the Bombers accepting that as a strait swap. If they did, I would be wrapped!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:01 am

Rupert is unreal and a great bloke. The problem is that he gets played out of position.

APA

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:58 am

You may be right there JLC.
I would love to see him a regular. I like him in the centre at the bounces and on the ball at times. Not sure if he is quick enough to be on the ball for most of the game.
Where should he play?
Can he and Dimma be in the same side if we are to win a flag?

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:32 pm

Don't mind Rupert either. However, he must be consistent to get a place in the team. Think he is a bit slow at times, really needs to improve on that.

JDF
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:53 pm

two chances of that happening...none and f all

ash 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:54 pm

JLC
Solomon would be an excellent player to pick up. I'll agree with that. Paddy Steinfort is crap and can not ruck. Williams is a good call. He will be a very handy footballer, but trading Presti would be a HUGE mistake. He had an excellent year last year, is quick for his size and very underated. We need him.

Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:55 pm

JLC

I don't think we should keep McKee. We need an experienced ruckman to support Josh Fraser immediately......not develop someone like Patty Steinfort. We can't afford the time to develop a ruckman as it will take its toll on young Josh.

McKee should definitely be traded.

CARN THE PIES

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:25 pm

Paddy Steinfort went to my school. He has been trained by Simon Madden and is a natural tap ruckman. He has been unlucky with injury. You must remember Richmond have Gale Ottens and Hall. We could get Paddy Steinfort for virtually nothing

APA

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:33 pm

I think definitely Solomon. If not for any other reason than to keep Chrissy happy. Apparently he doesn't have many close mates at the club anymore but is great friends with Solomon. (Helps that he's a great player too!)

I've heard from people at Richmond that Patty Steinfort doesn't ever look like coming on. Very injury prone as well.

Nick Stevens would be unreal, but I don't want Rupes to go.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:31 pm

Well Paddy cant be anymore injury prone than Olarenshaw or Walker...lol

APA

Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 3:13 pm

Considering his history with injuries, Paddy would probably give Collingwood as much as you said we could pick him up for JLC....virtually nothing.

CARN THE PIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: