Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VIPs shamed on cocaine

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:27 am
Post subject: VIPs shamed on cocaineReply with quote

VIPs shamed on cocaine
SPECIAL INSIGHT REPORT
By Keith Moor
22aug05

ONE of Australia's most prolific cocaine dealers has given police the names of his celebrity customers. He provided Victoria Police with taped evidence implicating music, sport and TV stars.

The dealer identified the celebrities -- who are household names -- before being convicted of serious drug offences in 2003.
He is now a police informer and is expected to give evidence in at least one major drug case.

Among those named by the supergrass as regular customers were:

ONE of Australia's biggest rock performers.

A LEADING female actor who spent years starring in one of Australia's longest-running television dramas.

A PROMINENT retired AFL player connected to a male actor who recently turned up at a cocaine dealer's house in Docklands during a police raid.

ONE of Melbourne's female media stars.

SEVERAL leading Victorian barristers.

Police considered investigating the celebrities further to try to corroborate the dealer's claims, but decided against singling them out.

Force priority is to chase drug dealers, not users, even if those alleged users are high-profile.

The supergrass told Victoria Police he handled drugs worth $30 million in the late 1990s and 2000.

He claimed he obtained huge amounts of cocaine from the Australia-wide drug syndicate run by underworld feud victims Lewis Moran, his son Jason, and stepson Mark.

The supergrass told police his cocaine clients included top models, entertainers, and other members of Melbourne's A-list.

The head of the Victoria Police major drug investigation division, Acting Det-Supt Bob Hill, confirmed investigations had identified cocaine use in many high-profile industries.

"Cocaine is essentially the drug that's associated with the rich and famous," he said.

Acting Supt Hill said celebrity drug users were treated no differently.

"The MDID conducts high-level investigations into large-scale illicit drug distribution," he said.

"Our focus is directed towards drug dealers, not charging users.

"We don't necessarily charge everyone who is associated with a drug trafficking enterprise.

"There might be people interviewed who provide intelligence or become witnesses for the prosecution.

"We don't differentiate between whether you are a rock star, television identity or a plumber."

A Herald Sun Insight investigation has found:

AN ITALIAN organised crime gang with global links shipped 434kg of cocaine worth $152 million to Australia in 2001 and last year attempted to smuggle a further 300kg into Melbourne.

AUSTRALIAN crime gangs have established direct links with Colombian cartels to ensure ready access to top-quality cocaine.

WEST African organised crime gangs are using the post to get large numbers of cocaine-filled letters and parcels into Australia.

POLICE intelligence suggests Israeli and Russian crime gangs are expanding networks to increasingly include Melbourne and Sydney.

INTERNATIONAL drug gangs are recruiting couriers from non-suspect countries to smuggle cocaine to Australia by air.

AUSTRALIAN Federal Police figures reveal a 50 per cent increase in cocaine seizures in Australia in the past year.

EIGHTY per cent of AFP cocaine seizures came through the post.

There was a 95 per cent increase in cocaine seizures in Victoria between 2002-03 and 2003-04. The weight of cocaine seized jumped 260 per cent in the 12 months to June 2004, and arrests more than doubled in 2003-04 on the previous year's.

Undercover drug police are spending more time at Melbourne nightclubs.

A recent Australian Crime Commission report said most cocaine users' lack of a criminal profile made it difficult to determine the size of the local market

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16338934%255E661,00.html

pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocaine: Clubs draw the line for VIPs
Keith Moor
22aug05

SOME Melbourne nightclubs provide secluded cocaine snorting areas for celebrity and regular patrons, according to an A-list model.

The model spoke to Insight on the understanding neither she nor the nightclubs she named would be identified.
She has an intimate and detailed knowledge of Melbourne's cocaine scene, having been on the VIP party and opening night invitation list for five years.

"When I first started mixing in those circles, I was amazed to find how many sports stars, high-profile actors and entertainment industry figures were using cocaine," the model said. "There has been a steady increase in cocaine use since then, particularly in the past 12 months.

"One Melbourne television celebrity I know regularly invites groups of female models to rooms hired in luxury hotels specifically for cocaine parties.

"He will sometimes organise them to coincide with opening nights and will invite those attending back to his room after the performance.

"Cocaine will be in plentiful supply."

The model named several leading celebrities as being cocaine users, including former and current AFL players and a prominent athlete.

"There are celebrity cocaine users out there who most people would never, ever suspect would be users of that kind of illegal substance," she said.

"They generally don't use it in front of people they don't know and are very careful who they buy it from.

"Usage will be at private parties, in their own homes or places where they feel comfortable.

"Places they feel comfortable using it include some of the most popular nightclubs in town. Some nightclub owners and managers condone and facilitate cocaine use for celebrities and regular patrons they know.

"They provide facilities out the back, such as private rooms, offices or sectioned-off VIP toilets, where such people can go to snort cocaine out of sight of other nightclub-goers. Some even provide cocaine-use paraphernalia in the rooms: silver tubes to snort through, cutting equipment, that sort of thing.

"That is very common in Melbourne. I can think of three or four off the top of my head, and I am talking big-name places, which attract very well-known people."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16337339%255E2862,00.html

ShakeyTheMohel 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:19 am

This is what comes of taking cocaine out of coca cola
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:39 pm
Post subject: Re: VIPs shamed on cocaineReply with quote

pies4ever wrote:
A PROMINENT retired AFL player connected to a male actor who recently turned up at a cocaine dealer's house in Docklands during a police raid.

Does the fact that this male actor is a big Collingwood supporter shed anymore light on this? Confused
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:52 am

mandy wrote:
pies4ever wrote:

Does the fact that this male actor is a big Collingwood supporter shed anymore light on this? Confused

i'm dumb, i need more clues!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:10 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
i'm dumb, i need more clues!

Yep. Dumb-dumb in training. more clues for me too! Can we ask what TV shows they appeared in, or what songs they sang?
That's not technically naming them....

Dyso
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:35 pm

oh just bluddy come out and pm me the info Smile
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Smile Yeah. Have you ever been to Europe?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:31 am

how sweet.......

is that how the clues work, although i'm not sure about cherries...

sweet and sour lol

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:05 am

Proud Pies wrote:
... how sweet.......

must be all that nose candy Rolling Eyes
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:49 pm

Gawd i must be thick as 2 planks. Somebody PM me some identities?

Dyso

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:50 pm

Who, specifically?
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:11 am

piedys, i obviously need help too, i thought i was on the right track, but apparently not according to MG.

sigh

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:20 pm

I need help too!!!!.....frustrating aint it??????
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:43 am

Proud Pies wrote:
sweet and sour

Pick one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: