Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

M.C.G

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:07 pm
Post subject: M.C.GReply with quote

Does anybody know if today's announcement of the MCG development included a social Club for the C.F.C? I saw Eddie on the news and he wasn't looking too happy, hope it has nothing to do with the development.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 10:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rohan - Read page 4 of the Herald Sun today, it mentions the new Collingwood social club and special reserved seating.

JDF
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 12:32 pm

Part of the artice in the Herald-Sun read...

"Collingwood is also set to get a new dedicated social club and members reserve in the new stands.
Magpies president Eddie McGuire said the club had a contract for a social club in the stands for use seven days a week.
''The fact of today's announcement, that wasn't mentioned, but is acknowledged, is that we have a designated Collingwood Social Club here and that is music to our ears,'' McGuire said.
McGuire said the stand announcement and the new social club did not have a direct bearing on the chances of the club relocating to nearby Olympic Park."

There you have it!

Pete the Pieman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:49 am

And Rohan - can you tell us which board members stitched up the MCG Social Club deal for us?

Perhaps they might deserve a bit of credit for what will be a fabulous bonus for THE CLUB.

Our own 7 day a week social club at the 'G - what could be better, no other club will have such a huge advantage.

Ya gotta love that - don't ya?

PTP

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:48 am

PTP - I think he knows which admin it was, and so do we.

JDF
Rohan 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:41 pm

Kevin Rose and Jack Kennedy were responsible for the Social Club in the new MCG Development. It was part of "sweetener" to stay at the MCG and not move to Colonial.

Despite running our club into the ground, Kevin Rose is still on the board at Collingwood. I will give credit were it is due but this hardly makes up for the negligence he had of running the football club.

I have spoken to someone who is involved with the design of the development (Quantity Surveyors) and Collingwood aren't getting what they originally thought they were.

It's time for Eddie to put what exactly we are getting to the members. If it such a tremendous fillip (which I hope is)for the club, then he would of come public with the "nuts and bolts" of the deal.

P.S. I heard that Kylie chick of Magpie Radio is 30.

SKOBFC for the 2001 VAFA A section Flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: