Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:31 pm
Post subject: Do we all owe Hine an apology now. ??Reply with quote

I assume Hine is still with us ? If he is, and i admit, I had doubts bout him, and boy, did he used to cop some flak on here, lets be honest bout that ! But, i reckon, hes totally redeemed himself, lately. Lets face it, if he was largely responsible for getting the likes of Henry, Ginnivan, Johnson, Carmichael, young Daicos, McCreery, Murphy, Bianco, Lipinski, Jetta, and some others i may have missed, surely we owe him thanks for that ? This crop of youngsters has totally transformed the team, freshened us right up with youth, an kids have enthusiasm, they give the older more senior players, a big lift in hope and confidence. They are the main reason we have had an astounding season so far, beyond all expectations, an are now aiming to go deep into September. Plus of course, Fly has been absolutely marvellous.

So, do we now collectively apologise, too Derek ? Oh, and special mention too Graham Wright, hes been great too. Question Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A few hits and a few misses.

He wasted some high picks on duds. Who was the guy with the helmet? McLSomething?

Nick Daicos….. Stevie Wonder could have picked him. He was father / son.

Jetta? Let me know when he’s on our list and eligible for a game!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:41 pm

burnsy17 wrote:

He wasted some high picks on duds. Who was the guy with the helmet? McLSomething?

He is, a indigenous kid named Jetta is in our VFL team, I watched him two wks ago. Surprised

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:16 pm

He’s not on our list….
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:02 am

What do you mean "we" pale-face?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:05 am

Piesnchess wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

He is, a indigenous kid named Jetta is in our VFL team, I watched him two wks ago. Surprised

That "indigenous kid" is Neville Jetta, the veteran and retired Demon, who has a VFL playing/coaching role with us. I can assure you he is not on our AFL list.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:13 am

burnsy17 wrote:
He’s not on our list….

Stop being pedantic burnsy! He is on a Collingwood list of players who play for the club seconds in case you had simply forgotten that. Not sure if a long term injury to a senior player can see him being able to replace him or not. I have a gut feeling that he can’t for some procedural reason but stand to be corrected. If eligible, he could still be more than handy in an emergency call up I reckon.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:47 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
He’s not on our list….

Stop being pedantic burnsy! He is on a Collingwood list of players who play for the club seconds in case you had simply forgotten that. Not sure if a long term injury to a senior player can see him being able to replace him or not. I have a gut feeling that he can’t for some procedural reason but stand to be corrected. If eligible, he could still be more than handy in an emergency call up I reckon.

Lazza, I love your enthusiasm, but Neville Jetta is a retired AFL player from the Dees. He is only eligible to play in the VFL, where he is part of our coaching group. He is simply not eligible to play AFL.....not for us nor for anyone else.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:16 am

RudeBoy wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
He’s not on our list….

Lazza, I love your enthusiasm, but Neville Jetta is a retired AFL player from the Dees. He is only eligible to play in the VFL, where he is part of our coaching group. He is simply not eligible to play AFL.....not for us nor for anyone else.

well, that clears that up, i thought he was a kid related to the Melb Jetta, like, there are bout 40 Riolis arent there, i thought it was like that, my bad, but a simple mistake. Surprised

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:53 am

No need for an apology pnc.

Apparently Neville is doing a great job as part of our coaching group. He is a great bloke, as I got to know him and his family when my mate Liam Jurrah played for the Dees. I reckon he'd be great to have around the club.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:45 am

Need to repeat the dose over again and though still thinking it’s too early to start congratulating derik still a long way to go.
See what happens in the next draft trade period but must say the last couple have been good for Collingwood just a matter of keeping it up
5:11pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:58 am

Neville Jetta is on our COVID ‘break glass in case of emergencies’ supplementary list.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:17 am

Jetta came to Collingwood on the back of an AFL initiative where former indigenous players who take up a role with any clubs development or coaching depts, don’t have their wages included as part of that clubs soft cap ( also includes women ) Jetta appears really engaged helping out the young blokes in the VFL and he still looks a cut above the rest with ball in hand. Ex players like Betts and Burgoyne have also taken on these roles with other clubs and it’s giving the ( wealthier ) clubs the opportunity to add extra development resources without impacting the cap. It’s also presenting former players with additional opportunities for life after footy. Win, win.

Back on topic, there seems to be this urban myth surrounding Hine that he is also responsible for every dud recycled player we have added onto the list over the last ten years. Nothing could be further from the truth. Hine has close to zero input when it comes to the club making a decision on trading in any mature age players who have already been in the system for a number of years. Hine is a talent spotter, not a conformation of talent already identified spotter. Hine watches and reviews kids or lesser comps around the country, he’s not employed to watch games of AFL.
The only time Hine is involved in any player trades is when our club establishes we can get player X for draft pick # Y. The club would go to Hine and say what are leaving behind on the draft table if we were to give up this pick as part of a trade. Hine gives his input and that’s where it ends.
There are always outliers, players like Darcy Cameron, Lipinski and sadly, Sam Murray would have been scouted by Hines team despite being on an AFL list simply because they spent most of their early careers in either the VFL or NEAFL
Personally, I think he’s been pretty reasonable over the journey. He’s had his share of misses, they all have but he stacks up pretty well against most.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
He’s not on our list….

Ok many thanks for that RB. So when poster “5.11 pm” says that Jetta is on the “break glass in an emergency” supplementary list, is that only for the VFL team?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:29 pm

No, it's for the AFL team. What's happened this year is that clubs have been allowed to nominate up to twenty non-AFL-listed players who are eligible to be called up to the senior side in a situation where their team gets decimated by COVID (as happened to West Coast earlier in the season). Jetta, like a number of our regular VFL-listed players like Hustwaite, Tardrew and Wetering, is on that list.

Ordinarily they wouldn't be eligible for AFL selection, as RudeBoy says, but this season is the exception. So there is a chance Jetta could be selected for our AFL team – but, again, only in the extremely unlikely circumstance that we lost around 15 players to COVID at once. Otherwise he's ineligible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48   

Jump to: