Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood, Derek Hine

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xtcc"]sorry to say it but rusling wont make it trade or delist ASAP[/quote]

Only thing holding back has been injuries. He has played under 15 games I'd say and in those he has starred in two of them. Once against Geelong and once against Port Adelaide last year. How many 19 year old forwards star in their first year?
xtcc 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:18 pm

not only injuries he is soft like the C12&3 the young kids thrive on the hits just look at heater pend daisy. No more soft over paid players at collingwwod & no more excuses
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:25 pm

xtcc wrote:
not only injuries he is soft like the C12&3 the young kids thrive on the hits just look at heater pend daisy. No more soft over paid players at collingwwod & no more excuses

Rusling soft??? What would make you think that. It's not his fault he's too quick for his opponent!
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:34 pm

xtcc wrote:
could dawes play in the ruck ?

Doubt it, but if Reid grows some more (like he did over the last year) he definitely could.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 pm

With such a great crop of young talent I hope the club trades some early draft picks this year in exchange for a big strong established ruckman. I don't want to draft a 17 yr old potential ruckman. Our need for strength in this department is growing more urgent week by week.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I think Hines has done a Super Job of Picking not Highly Touted players but they have turned out to be Possibly Players That Could Possibly Win Us a Flag.

All he needs to do know is get a Good Ruckman.

This Years Draftees sound exciting but Dawes is the One I think that could be the Best

erRRR daVE, dO yOu Have A ProbLeM wIth cAPitaL leTterS or SomeThing? havE yoU haD Therapy For It Yet?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Agreed Rudeboy (again) and it seems obvious to me that Josh is going backwards not forwards.

OK I know we had this debate last week but watching the Anzac Day clip from 2002 it's pretty clear.
Josh jumped and took pack marks and ran them ragged.......looked every inch a star...(I know it was a highlight package) ......compare that to the current model Josh.

That said, I hope he kilss em tomorrow.

A big, big stage tomorrow. Plenty of kids in.
Agree the list is looking good for the future, but let's see who enjoys the big occasion right now.

Hope you've got a few callers Joel; I'll be at work over here and Nick's will be my only option.

To those at the game, have a great day!
Zakal 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
With such a great crop of young talent I hope the club trades some early draft picks this year in exchange for a big strong established ruckman. I don't want to draft a 17 yr old potential ruckman. Our need for strength in this department is growing more urgent week by week.

Well it will depend on the draft, and our pick#'s of course, but im not sure thats necessarily the best idea either.

Like in theory trading our picks away for a quality ruckmen seems a great idea, but if you think about the timing of our side....we will NOT be in premiership contention for at least 3 years.

...whats teh point in having a quality ruckman now who maybe stuffed by the time the rest of the side is ready? Just to win games now?

Not saying this is necessarily the case, but you see what i mean. A quality ruckmen now, is in form NOW. For a great example of this look at Michael Gardiner. 4 years ago we would have traded anything to get him to the club on his form at the time....now he is effectively worthless.

That said, im very wary of trying to grow a quality ruckman of our own. It seems to be the most hit-and-miss area of development, and poaching someone elses hard work definitely seems easier.

I would prefer a wait and see approach. See what comes up in coming years drafts (the next couple), although the club probably already have a fair idea. But if we get to the stage when we think we are ready to go (daisy, pendles and heater oure elite midfielders...JA, Harry, Maxxy and Brown key defenders....Trav Cloke on fire at CHF etc etc) then throw everything we have at a ruckman if we havent been able to grow one of our own. At least we will be pretty certain of getting what we are paying for...that missing link in atruly awesome premiership-capable side.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 pm

As much as i agree with all this topic...and i think Derek Hine has done a tremendous job through "clever recruiting"...the success of this current crop of players can only be measure by performance. It is still far too early. Thomas and Pendlebury are really the only ones at this stage who have shown anything at senior level...the rest we are all waiting on.

You could add trav cloke to that list as well...he will have a big future...hopefully he can learn a lot from the mistakes he is making at the moment.

But when we start winning games of football and are a top 4 side once more...then we can say our recruiting was a success. I have no doubt Hine has made all the right choices...but so many things can happen. I think we remain excited in anticipation of future success...but do not jump the gun..

Hawthorn and Carlton also have fantastic young lists, as do Brisbane and Geelong. Interesting to see who the next super power is...remember west coasts list is also very young.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:50 pm

Why? Does "it" still refer to A rookie on the list Sharrod W? Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it. What you said was either too complex or too simple for me.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:23 am

Yeah cant fault the recruiting department.

The thing that has suprised me most is the success we have had late in the draft.

Same Iles - Hasnt done a great deal yet but to break into the senior side in ur first season is a decent effort.

Harry O'Brien - Gee hasnt he come on in leaps and bounds, turning into the type of player Clement is, can play on talls, meds and smalls. Great prospect.

Alan Toovey - Didnt rate this bloke much but the last few weeks hes really opened my eyes up to what he can really be. Im hoping he gets a tagging role in the middle.

Shannon Cox - Such a likely type if there ever was one. Can play anywhere.

John Anthony - A virtual unknown when drafted, now prior to injury was on the verge of gettin picked for the black and white.

Tyson Goldsack - I saw this kid on the ABC last week and i have no doubts he will debut this season. Hes a touch taller than Pendlebury, have decent sized shoulers and can play as a key back. You have to watch him play to understand the prospect. Cant wait to see his progress.

Sharrod Wellingham - I cant understand why this kid didnt get drafted in the National Draft, is there something we missed? He has the height and pace of a modern day footballer. Its a huge statement, not saying he will be like him but he reminds me of Andrew McLeod, the way he moves

Nick Maxwell - Now one of the leaders at the club at 23. Top bloke, top player.

Daniel Nicholls - Reminds me of Tony Francis. In and under footballer, not an athlete, just an honest footballer. Hes quick and finds alot of it.
Zakal 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:31 am

dont forget Dane Swan
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:32 am

ad4eva wrote:

Sharrod Wellingham - I cant understand why this kid didnt get drafted in the National Draft, is there something we missed? He has the height and pace of a modern day footballer. Its a huge statement, not saying he will be like him but he reminds me of Andrew McLeod, the way he moves

Hmmm....perhaps everyone was put-off by his name?

First Tarkyn and now Sharrod.......I mean, just what were the parents thinking?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 am

xtcc wrote:
Joffa like me you know we are about to dominate the AFL it will take a season or 2 but we have got it. & there is a rookie on the list Sharrod W

LOL Sharrod who ?

xtcc 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:18 am

we need a RUCKMEN scott meyer ? should be on the list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 5 of 48   

Jump to: