Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DIMMA our unsung hero

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Grim Reaper, I think you are one of those shithouse supporters who enjoys bagging his own team! I agree about Wild and Patterson outliving their welcome, but let's face it - that was due to the mentality of the Shaw regime. I can't see how you can equate their play with that of Dimattina.

Fair enough when you want to criticise the players (although I don't agree), but when this is all that is spouted out it's not acceptable. All of your posts carry the common thread of bagging the players and the team - that's what I meant about focussing on positives. It's alright to recognise weaknesses but at least recognise the positives as well. And don't misquote me in future - I did not say to focus on the positives "only", merely that it is more preferable to focus on the positives rather than on the negatives.

Furthermore I, unlike you apparently (Mr. "happy with finishing 12th every year"), have not yet given up hope for this season - we may still make the finals. I hope the players and coaching staff have not given up as quickly and as easily as you apparently have. I do not think we will be finishing 12th this year or indeed any other year in the immediate future!

[This message has been edited by kristin5 (edited 13 August 2001).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:36 am

I can tell you now, Collingwood it going to try darn hard to make the finals. We played fantastic yesterday and I believe we can repeat it against the Bombers, Carlton and the Roos.

Dimma did his job well yesterday, he should be commended for it. However, we should expect and hope that he is consistent.

JDF
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:59 am

Ah, Magpie Greg now?!!!

I didn't call you a shithouse supporter directly - I classed you in with that group of supporters that I term "shithouse" because they bag their own players. And I don't think I concentrated my post on "abusing you personally" - I in fact did refer to the comments that you made. And what is this argument I am supposedly losing? I wasn't aware we were having an argument - I have just chosen to disagree with your comments.

I have not made any mention of liking Dimattina because he has a "big heart" - I have said that I think he does his tagging job well (I think you have me confused with another poster). You will also note that I agreed with you about Wild and Patterson.

As to the comment about finishing 12th - I meant the fact that you said that I would be happy if we finished 12th every year implies that you have given up on this year and believe that we will finish 12th...I think we will finish higher.

And so much for me getting "personal" - who keeps calling me childish???

I apologise if you are so sensitive that you can't even cope with someone disagreeing with you.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:04 am

Greg - What happened to your post?

JDF
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:09 pm

hahahahhaha Magpie Greg must have posted 10 pages of abuse on one of our own players again!

Grrrh look at this thread it was supposed to be a small congrats thread that has turned into a massive Dimma bashing session leave him alone

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:25 pm

I agree Spidergirl!

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: