Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DIMMA our unsung hero

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:34 am
Post subject: DIMMA our unsung heroReply with quote

Once again dimma another very good game pal, you kept at it all day and once again i was proud to say im a dimma fan.

You have a heart the size of the MCG keep it up mate you are a very very good collingwood player.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

The Grim Reaper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be kidding buddy.

Next you'll be saying McKee or Betheras for the Copeland.

If Dimma can make the Collingwood side, then we are still crap.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:25 am

I also thought Dimma did a great job. He gathered 18 posessions himself and kept one of the doggies so called 'stars' Nathan Brown, to only 17 posessions and no goals. I'd call that a pretty good days work.

In fact it was a great team effort right across the board, they can all hold their heads high. Well done guys!

GO PIES!

Marg

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:31 am

Dimma did a great job as he has done on occasions before. I like his attitude and his commitment. I don't like his skill level. Players (Tony Shaw for eg) have survived on commitment. I don't know if Dimma will though.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:03 am

Whats the deal.....

Firstly someone rips off my APA logo

Then someone rips off my magpie climbing a ladder

Now someone rips off my scream mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:05 am

dimma's been very good the last 2 games..and licuria has been playing blinders since that game against adelaide

we're coming...
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:22 am

well done Dimma man arrgh i will have to get that foto next time seeing my camera buggered up!

The Grim Reaper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:02 am

Dimma?

Cant mark, cant kick, cant handball and cant score goals.

Otherwise he is a handy turn over merchant.

Licuria still is though he has improved in this area. He is so one sided though, that he couldnt evade a tricycle on a four lane highway he is so predictable.

If that was a good game by him (Dimma) yesterday, give me my footy boots I am making a comeback.

Just shows how easily Collingwood supporters are satisfied now that they ar perennial cellar dwellars.

You are all starting to sound like St. Kilda or Fitzroy supporters.

[This message has been edited by The Grim Reaper (edited 13 August 2001).]

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:17 am

Grim Reaper, you should know what it's like being a Fitzroy supporter - you sound suspiciously like our good friend FJD!!!

It's fine if you want to criticise, but at least make it constructive, not just bagging everyone!!!

The Grim Reaper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:21 am

I am saying Dimma is not a good player and whilst he is in the Collingwood team and can get a game it means we are no where near good enough to make the finals.

The contructive element to my comment is that he should be dropped.

How else do you want me to say it? How can the comment be made constructive if I am saying Dimma is crap? Drop him.

Some times you cant make a contructive statement but the statement needs to be made just the same before we start accpeting mediocrity without even thinking about it seriously.

I am sure Dimma is a nice guy, unfortuntely he is crap footballer. He has many buddies at Collingwood at the moment.

And I am not that p.r.i.c.k. FJD. I am in fact a Collingwood supporter.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:31 am

Have to agree with GrimReaper in some ways.

Kudos to Dimma for curbing Brown's influence, but his turnovers are still a major problem.

Dimma has now played 2 good (note: just "good") games for the year. Hardly what is required of a senior player.

Broadie
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:47 am

Dimma may not have the silky skills of, say, a Buckley (who does!) but he does his job effectively - his job being to tag and shut down the opposition "matchwinners". Two games in particular which stick out in my mind are yesterday's and the game against Melbourne.

I think it's better to focus on the positives rather than the negatives.

The Grim Reaper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:00 am

If you focus on the positives and no the negatives then you keep guys like Jason Wild And Steven Patterson on the list for 6 years instead of 2 years.

Without any disrespect to you I think the "focus on the positives only" approach is very simplistic and bordering on chidish.

When Dimma can hit a target at 40 metres and kick a goal form 25 metres I may change my mind. No team can afford anymore to carry guys who are one way players and can only negate (sometimes) but cant create. Sadly Dimma and possibly Rupert fit into this catagory and if the Pies are to be a top team not s Richmond et al, then these players need to be replaced as soon as possible.

Otherwise, revel in you acceptance of mediocrity and be happy with finishing 12th every year.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:08 am

Dimma is a tagger, what else is he supposed to do Grim Reaper? If he can stop the ball getting to top opposition players often then yes he deserves a spot in the team. OR maybe we could just let Nathan Brown run loose and kick 5 goals.

JDF
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:23 am

You're never going to have a team full of Buckleys, Davis's or Frasers. Every club has a few guys who may not be flashy players but still work damn hard and try their hearts out for their club and their team-mates. The key is getting all our guys working as a team, backing each other up and willing to die for each other, rather than having a team of champion players who only care about their own game!

And if we get rid of all the players that have been mentioned in other posts, who's going to replace them? And even if we could replace them, where do we get the money to pay this team of champions without going over the salary cap???

There's bound to be a few changes over the summer and we definitely need a couple of key position players but we've got a great bunch of guys now that are really going places.

GO PIES!

Marg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: