Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack MM NOW!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast it wasn't plagiarised this time.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:14 pm

fan4collingwood wrote:
ote="fan4collingwood"]Practice kicking goals

Practice Rucking.....and more importantly, roving!!

Practice tackling, lets get back to basics. We are fit enough, we need to fine tune our skills. They are there.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Um.... shouldn't the coach be doing this, or have I got the Job Description of AFL Coach all f***ed up?

To an extent, yes, you have got it f***ed up ... an AFL coach is responsible for player management, strategy, teaching a style of play, improving decision making. An AFL coach does not "coach" the players in skills as a junior coach does. That is a role for assistants.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Hope you got Ro's permission to repeat that Tess.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:46 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
and replace him with WHO?

Gotta love these snipers, who just throw this old line out everytime the question is too hard for them to constructively contribute to.

Sniper, do not assume everyone is as puerile as you?

Everyone is waiting with baited breath for your pearls of wisdom, sack Mick replace him with who?

I have been through the options and at the present I cannot see a viable option unless you take a risk on untrieds, Lyon etc, not worth it.

Pagan if he continues to struggle at carlton might be a serious option as they are concerned and have always been with his salary.

I think some new blood is needed and time for Rowdy to test himself elsewhere.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:10 pm

spoljar wrote:
OK Tess, the next AGM that comes up, put yourself up for Presidency, put your Agenda forward and let's see what you can do for the Collingwood FC. If I like what I see, my vote is all yours!

The position of President isn't up for grabs this year. Not sure how long they are voted in for, whether it's 2 or 3 years, but he was voted back in uncontested last year.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:58 pm

Rohan as in RCT?

Cheers

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:12 pm

anyone else having problems with this page? it's the only page that i'm having problems with. it's all over the place
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:16 pm

Yes PP. Bummer eh!!!!!!!??????
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:46 pm

Yes, small "boxes" until i posted.Then boxes too big for page.
Thought it was only on my comp.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:14 am
Post subject: TessReply with quote

Well Tess I for one reckon your post is spot on. Don't rule yourself our for president just yet. With that business mind, you'll do just fine.

Now as for my calls for McGuire to go, yeah I stand by them. I do not give a f...k about some of the intellectual bankrupts who get on this website pretending not to act on behalf of the club in condemning posts like ours. I used to take them seriously. Now I just laugh.

McGuire had a my way or the highway approach to running CFC. And we all blindly went along truly believing in him.. I must say I did question his lack of serious executive experience. He was and is a journo. That's his background. It takes a lot more to run a business. And before you say that's what Greg Swan is there for, I say to an extent; McGuire is very much hands on.

What is very clear is our current board don't give a stuff about the supporters. I mean you never here from them until they want your vote. And most obvious is McGuire's MIA when it comes time to explain why we are failing so badly.

Malthouse is paid huge money to win. And he has failed. McGuire refuses to act for whatever reason in stopping the humiliation.

My suggestion: McGuire step down and allow someone with demonstrated executive leadership experience to assume the Presidency and get CFC out of this unprecedented mess. Go back to being a journo Eddie. Actually you aren't to bad at that. Now any new President in their right mind would sack that entire football department now. Start a fresh and get our great players wanting to win again.

At the MCG friday night I could not believe the body language of some players. And it had nothing to do with the cold. They ahve lost heart and the desire to win.

And there's McGuire at another corporate dinner rubbing shoulders with special guest Delta Goodrem. I think that says everything about our club under McGuire.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:01 am

Argue against some of Eddies decisions Hiss (I have) but you are wrong about executive experience. My understanding is he runs an very successfull production company with his brother.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:47 am

I tend to agree with Ro...
understudy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:03 am
Post subject: way forward ....Reply with quote

Agree the pres needs to lift his game and start making serious improvement in all aspects of the football side of the club.

Members placing a bit of pressure on and demanding a bit of accountability is long overdue. Membership failed to do so last year and all years of his reign, shame he's not up for re-election this year ...

Personally think MM is of value to the club but needs an injection of better assistants and football people around him ...

McGuire hopping out of MM's pocket would be a good first step ....

*sigh*
tazzies_girl Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:05 am

Mick need to stand up and send Taz to Williamstown, that'd earn alot of respect from me
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:57 pm

Tess wrote:
I do not have the smarts

Case. Closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: