Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eminem to call it quits: US newspaper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:39 am
Post subject: Eminem to call it quits: US newspaperReply with quote

Saturday July 16, 08:38 AM

Eminem to call it quits: US newspaper

CHICAGO (AFP) - Rap star Eminem feels burned out by his success and will probably make his final concert appearance in Ireland on September 17, associates told a US newspaper.

The sources said his latest album "Encore" was also likely to be his last before Eminem starts a new career as a music producer, the Detroit Free Press newspaper reported.

"Em has definitely gotten to the level where he feels like he's accomplished everything he can accomplish in rap," said rapper Proof, Eminem's stage partner said. "He wants to kick back and get into the producing thing."

"Why not bow out while you're on top?" said Proof.

Eminem, whose 2000 album "The Marshall Mathers LP" sold 9.8 million copies, has now made eight albums since 1999. He had three top 10 releases in 2002.

Many of his songs have been blasted for their explicit lyrics but the rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, still has an international army of followers.

His current tour is scheduled to finish in Dublin on September and the Free Press quoted unnamed associates as saying it would be his last concert for the 33-year-old.

The report quoted the rapper's manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying there was "no official decision" about the future. His Interscope Record company also declined to comment.

But Rosenberg acknowledged that changes were likely and that the latest record was "certainly the cap on this part of his career".

Other partners and rappers were quoted as saying that Eminem wanted to move away from performance to become a producer and what the newspaper called "star-maker."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/050715/19/v450.html

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only hope.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:37 am

magpie greg wrote:
It is amazing how far you can spread a complete lack of both talent and musical ability.

yeah, but isn't it amazing that people buy that rubbish and he's got more money than either you or I will see

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:44 am

Surprising if it was true..... now I guess we can look forward to half a dozen greatest hits CDs Rolling Eyes
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:40 pm

Didn't know his last name was Mathers. Wasn't that the surname of the kid that played the "beaver" in Leave It To Beaver?

That would explain all those references to Leave It To Beaver in the classic movie, "8 Mile".

I actually despise rap music. But Eminem is a cut above the rest. He is the only guy in the world who's managed to make rap music with a bit of class and charisma.

As a white man, I'm very proud of him.

Well done, dawg. You are the shit.
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:49 am

I'm a bit like that too, I generally hate rap music, but at least a few of Eminem's songs I liked and had a laugh about!

I won't lose any sleep over him not making anymore records though! Smile
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Goodbye and thank God.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: