Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Malthouse now

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:09 pm
Post subject: Re: Yeah YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Lone Ranger spent a lot of time digesting my post for which I am greatful. Yet one thing stands out with my critics, they never have any specific suggestions to fix our crisis. Always find that interesting. Just bagging me is easy. Dealing with my formula, well that requires more.

I stand by my story. Lone Ranger you were wrong.

And thanks to Mark Williams for letting me use that line. It feels so good.

Noone has specific suggestions as there aoint no easy answer!!!!!
Why do you think there is some magic trick to fix everything? If there was, don't you think every club would do it?
Do you think just because we are Collingwood we have some magical power to turn things around that 15 other clubs don't.
Here how you "fix" things:
- you put a good administration in place ... done
- you put a good coach in place ... done
- you put a good football department in place ... done
- you draft well ... heres where you can mount a case that we havent
- you trade well ... heres about the only other place you can mount a case that we havent

NONE of these things are quick fixes. The days of buying you way out of trouble are GONE ... long gone.

So what would changing administration do ... nothing. The only area to improve is drafting and trading and the club has made some changes in those areas.

Unfortunately, the only way to "fix the crisis" is to put all the key pieces in place, work hard, and be patient. I reckon we have all the pieces in place and are prepared to stand by the current admin for at least another couple of years.
Jamie loves Collingwood Aries

2007 pies for premiers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I say wins in the next two rounds will boost our moral.

Leave Malthouse alone!

Forget the Brisbane game we always play crap at the GABBA.

A Big Ground doesn't suit Collingwood.

PraiseMillane Aries

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:45 pm

I hear you R.BARHAM. No doubt certain players gotta leave, but i just cant stand certain thick pple getting online and calling for the coaches head as soon as we put in a poor peformance.
Jamie loves Collingwood Aries

2007 pies for premiers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Some players have been blooded to early and needed another year to establish their creditentals. I feel that Willo should go at the end of the year though. Give Maxwell, Swan, T Cloke and C Cloke time because they are still very young!
madman Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:56 pm

here we go again, another stupid thread, if you want MM sacked i suggest you stop going to Collingwood games for a couple of years cause he wont be leaving Collingwood anytime soon. As someone posted earlier no one calling for his sacking last week when we beat the premiers.Get over it, not one match this year have we had our best team on the field. MM has done well with what play list he has had available to him.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:10 pm

No, the reason Mick wont be sacked is because he is one of the best coaches in the league being attacked by impatient dickheads, probably the same people who wanted Pagan. Someone remind me what Pagan has done?
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:16 pm

Sack MM and replace him with whom exactly??? He can only do the best that he has to work with out on the field. He is not the bloke on the field and can't do the job for them. The fact that he was able to get 2 very average sides into the grand final speaks volumes of the man.
Yes at times I do question some of his bizarre decisions but he is still one of the best going around. Atleast now he has some good kids to work with and I believe that his guidance will make them into better players.

If anyone should be sacked, it should be Dudkins. Head of recruiting till 2003 who did shit all for the club. His disastrous drafting in 2002 is what is costing us now, I can tell you. Top two picks, gone and another 2 most likely gone.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:20 pm

What would you like to communicate?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:31 pm

Ok then MG, if every coach was available, who would you take ahead of Mick?
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:54 pm

LMAO. Last week Mick was a hero, now you want his head. He wasn't the guy on the ground. Blame the players.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:57 pm

Caution: Hot Pies wrote:
LMAO. Last week Mick was a hero, now you want his head. He wasn't the guy on the ground. Blame the players.

Now come on, you cant use reason with these people. They have a vendetta against Mick and the whole club and they will come out of their shells after every loss, no matter who is at fault
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:42 pm

Tess wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Playing Maxwell and Fanning, shocking decisions indeed.

Oh well, it could be worse, we could have Thomas or Lyon or Harvey.

I love those sack mick calls, who do we get? Some absolute hack coach?

Sack Mick and you may as well hand St Kilda the next 4 flags

I wonder if the Adelaide FC board had the same thoughts when they sacked Aryes? .... Who did they replace him with.... some untried hack coach. That failed didn't it. . . . Sydney FC with Eade ..... gee how about our Club circa 1986?

If you need a coupla of extra B***S to do what needs doing .... I know a few people that would gladly donate theirs for the cause !!!

You will actually find that, statistically, it is the experienced coaches that have brought home the premiership cups in the last say 10-20 years.

How many 'new' or untried coaches have been chewed up and spat out by the system within a relatively short period. HEAPS!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:48 pm

If Neil Craig only finishes second at best Tess, has he been a success, or a failure?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:07 pm

Why would anyone in their right mind wish to have MM sacked? Seriously - do we have the cattle to compete with the likes of the Lions? No. We are in a period of rebuilding.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:47 pm

magpie greg wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Caution: Hot Pies wrote:

Now come on, you cant use reason with these people. They have a vendetta against Mick and the whole club and they will come out of their shells after every loss, no matter who is at fault

Malthouse 13 wins 24 losses. Give him life membership!

But I dont want to sack him until the end of 2006 if a better choice is available.

It he was 10 years younger I would take Blight but he is just that little bit too comfortable.

Ditto Hafey.

Ditto Pagan.

As for vendettas es, you would know about that with your putrid pathetic vendetta against Maxwell just to pump up a whinging Cloke. Rolling Eyes

Come on MG ... you have a decent argument to make about drafting so stop trying to use selective statistics. If you want to use stats, at least use MM entire run at the Pies, if not his entire career.
In any event, statistics arent everything ... Pagan is a great coach but statistically over the last 2 years would say he has been terrible. I would say Pagan is doing a fantastic job given what he inherited and the draft restrictions on Carlton.
When we had a young list and were injury free, we got to 2 GFs. Now we are even younger and have injuries we are down near the bottom. Given our current situation, I actually reckon MM is doing a pretty good job. Am I satisifed with out performance? Of course not but I am not foolish enough to think there is a magic wand that will fix things overnight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: