Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Malthouse now

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rez_83 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot believe i was dragged through three hours of the most disgraceful display of football i have ever seen this year.

unbelievable. why do we always bend ourselves over for these guys? i love the boys with all my heart but honestly - pathetic. no contest at all, no effort (for most).

malty had confidence in the defence - yeah lets try to focus on attack. goals win games - not defending. we're too focused on defence - look at our conversion tonight. i dont want to sack malty but he has to change focus.

i mean the ground was wet coz i checked it out earlier but couldnt take marks, couldn't hit targets, couldn't stay on their feet and cant hang in to tackles. sorry if this post offends but if you were there - you'd be disgusted too. something must be done. FIX IT MALTHOUSE!
ozybelle 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:23 am

All you fickle supporters who bag at every opportunity please go buy a Richmond or Geelong Membership as you sound like THOSE supporters !!
I don't think I heard any bagging after the Port win.................funny that ............................. !
rez_83 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:31 am

ozybelle wrote:
All you fickle supporters who bag at every opportunity please go buy a Richmond or Geelong Membership as you sound like THOSE supporters !!
I don't think I heard any bagging after the Port win.................funny that ............................. !

are you serious? we have to be critical at times for us to improve, to become better - last night was atrocious at any standard and even if you love the pies more than any other black and white fan - you can't just accept last night's performance and be rosy about it.

for us to better ourselves we have to identify, analyse our issues and resolve them - not just ignore it and give two thumbs! its obvious that we are lacking depth and the lions loss has shown that. that is one thing we have to appreciate about losses - where did we go wrong and what did we do right.

emotional support is important but you have to critical, i mean look at O'brie - after some stern words with Mick - his form picked up. ignoring it and patting him on the back for lack of form would have led to no changes and no improvements.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:42 am

ozybelle wrote:

Normally I'd agree, but come on.....tonight was a pathetic display.

No pride in the jumper whatsoever.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:38 am

leonmagic wrote:
ozybelle wrote:

Normally I'd agree, but come on.....tonight was a pathetic display.

No pride in the jumper whatsoever.

it was so bad, i actually turned the tv off 4 times and then i just had to leave the room. I couldn't watch it.

I don't leave the game before the siren, but I'm glad i wasn't there., it would have been torture.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:08 am

did any of you note the size of the bodies our kids were up against? is it Micks fauly our big bodies are in the stands? i agree, we were pathetic, but some of our guys still had heart. you bounce of Mal Micheal and see if you go back for seconds! Oh and as for recruiting, we cant recruit the likes of brown micheal etc because that would dilute the power of the interstate teams! not because we cant afford it but because the afl wont let us afford it. that would dilute the afls master plan. dont you get it guys? look at the ladder, the afl wants a vic team out. this is crap, not footy, give me a level playing field and the vics (all of em) will shine again!

lay off mick, and i agree with the other guy, go buy someone elses membership you fickle supporters, we dont need you, hey why not get a lions membership, but then you couldnt have a winge!

ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:29 am
Post subject: Re: StrangeReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
As a 35 year member I will stand up and demand change and appeal to supporters with any courage to do the same. Ignore those who regularly bag us for daring to question. Let us fight the good fight and restore CFC to it's former glory and dispense with this corporate culture lie that has us breaking all the wrong records and paying huge salaries for the privilege.

I think Hiss is going a little senile. His old age is definitely showing through.

Are you one of the idiots who were voting in previous administrations? Look at the shit they got us in to before Eddie and Co' came along and saved us from the brink of disaster. For a person that's been involved in our football club for so long, you know little about the football landscape within which we compete.

For a club to break even, it needs to turnover at least $20 mil. How many sausage sizzles, raffles and club nights would you need to have, to make that kind of money? The game has evolved a lot further than that and you need to forget about those dreadful years, which you seem to have enjoyed for some sick reason and move on with the times. The key to any successful organisation is to adapt to change, which is something our club and its administration have embraced and managed with great success.

As for our playing personnel last night, we had over half a dozen players under the age of 21. We are young side who have played very well over the last 7 weeks. You have to take the good with the bad. Everyone earlier in the year we were calling for Micks head for not playing the young kids. Mick is doing that now and is having great success. I am confident we have the nucleus of players which can take us forward. All we need now is to develop a couple of midfielders and then anything is possible.

Guys, we’ll be back.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:28 am

con i agree with you 100%!

unless you have the support from the afl like brisbane does year after year, we all have to rebuild, even sheeds said that!

go the mighty pies,

thanks mick, i believe on you!

and eddie, he really did save this club!
so thoses with a short memory , both in years and even days (who didnt enjoy last week!)
get stuffed and go somewhere else!
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:40 am

As pointed out on numerous other boards here we are playing without our #1 ChF our #1 and 2 ruckman, at least 4 of our "better" players are playing with injuries or recovering from long term injuries. Dids was suspended and we are forced to play children in mens positions due to these factors. Not one of these is Mick's fault. If he played Buckley, Johnson and Leon at Willi until fit, gave Tazza (and 2 or 3 others) the Op he requires, and player just the kids. Then the same people who are calling for his head would be calling for this head for doing these things! Honestly he can't win, first he was the super coach now you want to sack him, be consistent. Find a position and stick with it. From my perspective lets applaud Mick for how bloody well he is doing against the odds this year. Is our list that much better then Carlton on Hawthorn?? if the answer is no then the coach is doing a good job. Our list can not beat a confident Brissy, but who can???????
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:53 am

Someone is on CRACK! The coach dosent play just thought I'd remind you that mate!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
rez_83 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:58 am

licuriarocks wrote:
did any of you note the size of the bodies our kids were up against? is it Micks fauly our big bodies are in the stands? i agree, we were pathetic, but some of our guys still had heart. you bounce of Mal Micheal and see if you go back for seconds! Oh and as for recruiting, we cant recruit the likes of brown micheal etc because that would dilute the power of the interstate teams! not because we cant afford it but because the afl wont let us afford it. that would dilute the afls master plan. dont you get it guys? look at the ladder, the afl wants a vic team out. this is crap, not footy, give me a level playing field and the vics (all of em) will shine again!

lay off mick, and i agree with the other guy, go buy someone elses membership you fickle supporters, we dont need you, hey why not get a lions membership, but then you couldnt have a winge!

not you too - look we all know that we have youngins amongst the group (and we dont put them in fire's way) but was it tackling and body size the real problem last night? the number of basic skill errors, decision making time, turnovers, lack of basic marking, kick accuracy to another team mate and kicking goals and lack of composure were what killed us last night. These errors came from everyone - not just the youngins so don't blame them. if anything - the seniors should have set the example and stepped up to the challenge.

whenever the lions had the balln did you see any pies in sight and when they chased them down you could see it wasn't their all - they already conceded defeat before the final siren let alone half time.

the buck stops at the coach and last nights performance had a part from everyone from player, trainer to coach. Dont make excuses. I love mick and don't want him sacked - i just think he needs to change focus and pay more attention to attack and not just defence for us (as you mentioned) to rebuild.

dont harp on about leaving the club just because you cant appreciate other fans' different opinions to yours.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:24 pm
Post subject: Re: StrangeReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I am one who is not calling for MM's sacking. It is too late for that. The problem is bigger than one man.

CFC has a culture crisis which is most evident in the rantings of some of the clowns as supporters who spend all their time bagging anyone who dares question the worst period of prolonged failure in our club history.

There are many who invade this web site and pretend to know something about running a business. Well in my company such clowns never make it beyond the mailroom. The appropriate level of responsibility and executive pitch for their limited IQ. Problem is they actually have a right to speak on such forums and more alarmingly get to vote in elections. But we cannot rule out the club plants who spend their time rebutting any condemnation on these sites cos that's their job. So fair is fair.

So beware of those who condemn anyone who rightfully calls for immediate change at our club. For they are the true problem. Words cannot describe how dumb some of these people are.

Tonight in Brisbane signals a crisis at Collingwood which is more than a score. It is the fact that all that good from wins over West Coast and Geelong is gone in that we have actually gone backwards. And that is the sign of a bigger problem.

The McGuire experiment has clearly failed. We exist to win on field. And on this measure, who can argue we are improving. We have left our 'spiritual' home for a shared facility. A corporate culture and a distancing of traditional core values where Presidential foreign suited lunches are the norm and the common supporter is a mere product to determine yield, rather than people who count.

And I know those swines who invade this website representing the club will condemn me again for these comments, but to you I say don't waste your time. For you are too obvious now.

As a 35 year member I will stand up and demand change and appeal to supporters with any courage to do the same. Ignore those who regularly bag us for daring to question. Let us fight the good fight and restore CFC to it's former glory and dispense with this corporate culture lie that has us breaking all the wrong records and paying huge salaries for the privilege.

I don't want the coach sacked. I want those who allow our football department to go unchecked and unaccountable for this unprecedented failure sacked.

Hiss, in your 35 year membership what management / executive team brought us the success you want?
PraiseMillane Aries

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:42 pm

It (***** *****) me when ignorant 'fans' like these post crap like this. Anyway of requesting to ban this (****** ********** *****)?

Were suppose to be supporting our club online here, not bantering them every time we have a loss.

Get it thru ur narrowminded head that all clubs have there ups and downs.

Were you wanting MM's head when we were the only team to knock over WCE earlier??? No, u probably would have been the same (******** ***) praising him.

Anyone with half a brain could see if it wasnt for Mick, we would probably be sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

Be patient, or get (*** ****) off line. No team in our situation needs your uneducated opinion and negativity.

*Gratuitous profanities and abuse deleted - Donny. Bbmods.
ozybelle 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:14 pm

licuriarocks...........you rock and by the way I am a girl....belle....girl lol
rez_83 some vaild points but you surely don't think that was our true form last night?
That was the Lions on show at the Gabba and us on another road trip after a vigouous display against 2004 premiers, maybe we were a bit knackered !
C2 and C3 off ground, Josh, Anthony, Dids may have made a difference but MM could hardly pick them in the team.
C3 must be getting a bit tired, a lot of footy and tough opponents for a kid that age.
OBee has improved but that may also be due to some hard work by OBee
We have done darn well this year with what we have been able to put on the ground, roll on 2006 I say.
MM will be at the dinner on the 12th at Lexus I may just wait to hear his version before I ask Eddie for MM's head on a platter.
R.Barham 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:04 pm

Hey PraiseMillane

Agree with you on the negitivity but isnt it time now that club makes some hard decisions on the future of some players??
Davis, Cole, Lokan, Woey ect ect Address the problem areas midfield Ruck ect ect

All the supporters are looking for is inprovement.
The Brisbane Lions have been Collingwoods yard stick for the past few years qand obvousily there has been no improvement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: