Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

possible trade???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molly 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:02 am
Post subject: possible trade???Reply with quote

what do u think about trading A.Rocca for Spider Everitt???

pebbles is so inconsistent, and spider seems like he needs a change. im positive that micky would get the best out of him, and he is an answer to our ruck probs. our forward line could probably do without him cos josh could move to CHF if we got spider.

anyways its just something to ponder

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about trading anthony rocca for peter everitt. everitt has a bad attitude towards football and will never fit in with michael malthouse's team disciplined approach. by his own admission, spider has said that he's underachieved, which is a joke given the money he's been getting. the fact that he has hinted that he may jump ship suggests that he is nothing but a mercenary. he'll move for the money; it doesn't mean his attitude will change.

on the other hand, I think that pebbles is having his best season at c'wood. on several occassions this year, he has been BOG. he can't be expected to win games off his own boot week in week out without the support of others.

I agree, we need a genuine ruckman, but spider's not the answer. I would make a bid for either clark keating or beau mcdonald.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:38 am

Rocca at his best is in a class way above Spider Everitt. But then, how often does he play up to his best form?

Interesting point, this.

Spider would be a handy acquisition ... but only if he is treated as just one of the team and not given superstar status. He is not worth a huge salary.

I think he should be prepared to take a fairly big pay cut to play for Collingwood. I guess it would be a matter of how much he wanted to play for us. If he's expecting clubs to start a bidding war for his services then stuff him. He can go to the Kangaroos for all I care.

Of course, there is also the issue of whether The Club really needs another hell-raising mug lair on its books. We've been famously burned in this area a few times !!!

Hmmm.

ROCCA: flawed superstar in his prime.
EVERITT: very good player, 2 or 3 years past his best.

Doesn't quite balance, I don't think.

If they throw in Hamill as well ... bargain !

**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 7:41 am

junkboy there is a lot more to Spider than u may think and regardless of his attitude becuase of his physical build he is still a very valuable player and threat to oppositions. Whether he is passionate about it or not he is a bloody giant and can win games when on song!

As for Anthony he is way too inconsistent and as i heard on a conversation on the train on the way to the footy..."he is a useless footballer and his brother was better" Im surprised people on here are so forgiving of Anthony all the time because the footy fans out in the real world sure aren't!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:01 am

I wasn't questioning everitt's ability as a ruckman, although he didn't fully answer sam newman's question on the footy show today of why he doesn't seem to run out games very well. he would of course provide a presence in the ruck. however, it's his attitude that concerns me. it's so ingrained in the st. kilda mentality that I don't know if it can be changed that easily. if it can and if c'wood can strike a favourable deal, without offering spider loads of money, maybe it would work. but I thought a logical trade would be mckee given that, if c'wood were to trade rocca for everitt, they would then have a surfeit of ruckman.

anyway, I still think beau mcdonald, who is rumoured to want to return to melb, is a much better prospect than spider.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:21 am

yeh ok fair enough i just reckon although his attitude is disappointing that his on field presence would make up for it...who knos anyway and i think we r forgetting one important thing here...um we have Josh Fraser so would we even need Spider?
oh and the reason he can't run out the whole game well his asthma would probably have something to do with it...i attend all Spiders games in Melbourne and hes often on the bench with bad asthma. Dunno why he didnt just say that but

and anyway onto Beau McDonald hehhehe actually its funny u mention him um i had a bit of an impact on young Beau the otha week during our footyslutting with the Lions boys so would u like me to offer him a little bribery to join us down at Viccy Park next year

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:28 pm

go back to my posts about a month ago
i told yas all Everett would be a pie next year...

new home, new outlook....

why wouldn't you pick him up?

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:38 pm

i think Spider really is a Pie man through and through but when i asked him about coming to Collingwood when he was rumoured to he said nup and not to believe wots written hope this times different!

dallas 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:52 pm

I think getting spider would be a good move. It gives us the ruckman we need and josh and spider could rotate through the forward line. I don't know if giving rocca up is good because he could be anything but in modern football u don't get something for nothing. Malthouse would be good for spider so if we can sign him i would.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:12 pm

Would be a VERY risky move this one. Not sure about if it would work. How old is Everitt?

JDF
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:14 pm

Nope, not worth it.
Both can ruck, both can mark, but Rocca's kicking is way better.

Plus Rocca is younger and hasn't thrown VB cans at passing cars at Phillip Island (as yet).

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:22 pm

There are about 8 untouchables at Collingwood that won't be traded.

Fraser
Tarrant
Buckley
O'Bree
Molloy
Didak -has to be given a go
Lonie
Nick Davis
Lockyer - no chance of getting traded. Will be interesting to see what happens with his contract.

I think that these players are trade bait.

Rocca - could attract some good players. Micky loves him and is always defending him, hence he might not be traded.
Licuiria - His value is exaggerated by other clubs.
Prestigicamo - only to be traded if we can get a key defender for him.

These players are safe.
Holland
Steinfort
Rintoul
Adkins
Johnson
Leon Davis
Richardson
Clement
Burns - next year is his last chance. The smart thing would be to trade him while he is worth something, but he is the heart and soul of the club.

These players will be lucky to stay
Freeborn
Wakelin
Lane -watch him play well in the last couple of games to fool the selectors into retaining him. Just in the same way Paul Sharkey did
Ukovic
McKee

These players are definitely gone
Wasley
Kinnear
Stone
Dimmatina
Baynes
Betheras

In Skob We Trust

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:30 pm

Almost completely agree.

Except for Rocca and Wakelin - the team is undersized already.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:31 pm

RCT - You probably aren't too far off the mark there.

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 05 August 2001).]
timagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 3:22 pm

while were on the subject on trading. Collingwoods needs are the following in order of urgency:
1. Tall defender thats got run. Richo, Presti and Waklein are the main defenders but apart from Clement there isn't a great deal of run out of defence. and
2. A "quality" back up ruck men who has got a fair deal of experaince behind him. Mckee was great early this season but he is really disapointing me the way he doesn't jump.
I was wondering whats the situation of uncontarcted ruckmen at the end of the season.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: