Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Day Pics - Banners, Gameplay etc

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's - The Webpage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:28 pm
Post subject: Match Day Pics - Banners, Gameplay etcReply with quote

Hello hello,

I'm posting this thread to request someone who has a camera (hopefully a good one) and can take pictures each week at the football for Nick's Collingwood Page: http://nick.magpies.net

More than one person is welcome to do it - the more the merrier. Also, if you can't do it every week, that is also okay.

I try to take pictures myself, but as a season ticket holder, it'd pretty hard to take a good snap.

We also welcome pictures from Williamstown matches if there is anyone that attends Williamstown matches.

Please leave a message in this thread, or email me.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill send in whatever I take. I've been a bit lazy with the photos this year. But ill take the camera this week I think.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:13 pm

You're champ mate.

Just whenever you can. I'm not sure if you want to send them to me, or put them up in the Gallery, that is up to you. Just let me know what you'd like to do, and we can go from there.

Btw, this does not prevent anyone else that would like to help from helping out. Cheers punk.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:10 am

Joel, no point putting them up in Nick's Gallery as nobody will see them.

The pics I posted from the Essendon game have been viewed about 25 times, and I'm expecting the ones from Sunday to be viewed about the same.

Hooked
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:28 am

I see your point Dale m8, but the gallery is a relitively new section of Nick's and not very well advertised, it is also restricted for members only access to it, you have to be logged in to view it which would also keep the views down as approx 80% of our daily traffic on the BB isn't logged in.
One of the galleries major benifits is that your pics will still be there for display ten years from now, and unlike most off your excellent Williamstown work it will be easy to find and not burried somewhere in amongst 10 - 15 years of posts.
I have also asked Mike if he could upgrade the galleries software for us, wich should allow multiple uploads and some other functions I think, including being able to use the gallery to store pics that we can use on the website aswell as in the BB but only have to have them uploaded to the gallery, there is a fair amount of bloat going on now with seperate uploads of the same images.

what I'm trying to get at is don't give up on it yet m8, I want to make more of the gallery and I will as soon as I can get myself out of having to run the website and back into building the site up.

I personally would like to thank you for the time/effort/cost of sharing your images with us tho Dale m8, I appreciate the effort Wink

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:28 pm

One thing I can think of re: Nick's Gallery is it would be a lot easier to navigate if we could have the ability to create new albums.

Since the Melbourne match, I have posted almost 200 pics, so you have to browse thru 23 pages to see them all. If you could create, for example, individual match day albums, then all you would have to do is to go straight to that album. It's ok for me as I have a rough idea on which pics are on which page, but if you were to start browsing from page one, and wanted to see pics from the Essendon game, you would have to view the first 12 pages first. This is where ppl get jacked off as they don't have the patience to wait for each of those pages to load before geting to where they want to be.

This is something to consider during the off-season. I intend on going to two more games only this year - Roos and Carlton - so that could mean another 120+ pics to be posted, or about 12 - 15 pages (or 2 albums).

Hooked
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:02 pm

yeah I take your point about making your own galleries, not sure you can tho, I'll look into it.

I have changed the default view setting in the gallery, it should now display the newest pictures first, I had never noticed as I had set the "view by:" to desending and the cookie saved the settings in my browser.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's - The Webpage All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: