Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHO TAKES BRAD OTTENS ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:07 am
Post subject: WHO TAKES BRAD OTTENS ??Reply with quote

After going to the Richmond v Bulldogs game on Friday night and then watching Collingwood v Fremantle last night on TV i have some real concerns over who we have to match up on Brad Ottens.

Brad Ottens is a great kick for goal from anywhere up to about 50 metres and is also a great mark. The only players i believe that could match up are as follows :

1. S. McKee : Has the height but not the speed to go with Ottens.

2. M. Richardson : Will he even be back from injury ??

3. S. Prestigiacomo : Ottens would be too tall

4. B. Kinnear : Ottens would be too tall

Then the other headache is Matthew Richardson. Richardson may be inconsistent but when he plays well he is a match winner.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

how about anthony rocca? I recall that he once lined up on tony lockett. just a thought.. it might get him away from gaspar at least.

wakelin should be retained just so he can play on matthew richardson. he gave richo an absolute thrashing earlier this year.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:39 am

Yeah that may be a good move lining up Anthony Rocca on Ottens. The only thing is though we are then robbed of a key forward. Molloy generally doesnt kick many goals in a game. Our other key forward in Tarrant was well beaten last time against Richmond. So it will be an interesting decision facing Malthouse this week.

APA

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:43 am

Sorry to disagree JLC, but I think it would be a stupid move to move Rocca on to Ottens. We can't sacrifice key forwards so we have someone to match up on Ottens. You seem to have forgotten Clement, I think he could do the job.

JDF
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 6:34 am

I said it "may" be a good move. My first preference would be Presti or Richo with Mckee dropping back to help out. Rocca should start in the forward line as he is taking great pack marks at the moment and showed more good signs in the last quarter.

Clement is not tall enough for Ottens. Clement is more suited to Richardson if Richardson plays up the ground. If Richo starts in the goal square then i would start Shags on him.

But im all for open discussion and its good when people have different opinions as its an opportunity to see things from a different view. So Joel no need to be sorry if you disagree with me

APA

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:02 am

Anyone considered the possiblity of Frazer being thrown on him...Might make for interesting contest. Bring Rich back hopefully next week giving us another defensive option and u just never know...Frazer has the agility and height to go with him, maybey found wanting in the strength dept but frazer will be able to run off him which could have its advantages also especially out of defence.

Louis

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:31 am

The problem with putting Rocca or Fraser or any other forwards is that we have conceded an advantage already to Richmond. We should be thinking who does Richmond have to match up on Rogan if Rogan plays up forward. We have to show confidence in one of our defenders to start the match off with.

APA

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:28 am

I reckon Rocca, Rogan & Richo at different parts of the game. Bit of pinch hitting I reckon.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:47 pm

wakelin to run off richardson and clement to cut out ottens.
We really need to pressure richscums talls and run off them all night.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:58 pm

Clement is too short for Otto. Clement would be better suited to Joel Bowden in the midfield or another Richmond player.

APA

timagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:08 pm

i've got a great idea put molly,rocca interchangeable on otto and place clement on rico.
Molly to rough up the richmonds talls would be great and have molly to take richo then take on otto would be great and try to get under the skin of otto and richo and pressure them and unsettel them. This would be great.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:08 pm

I think we should play him like we used to play Lockett sometimes way back when.
the loose ruckman in defence stopping the pass...Monky was a monty for it, it worked great on lockett....

ok not always would it stop him, i mean what could? but its a thought...

McKee to take the tap, and drop back? or Josh play loose??

dunno, just a thought..?????

the prez 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 6:36 pm

If I recall our last meeting,Wakes killed Richo and like wise Richo on Ottens.If Richo(ours) doesn't come up,we have Presto or Clement.I 'd like to see someone like Molly start on Richo for about half a qtr just to try and unsettle him.He loses it very easily and it flows thru his whole night.Maybe Ant can pay him a special visit.Wink.Wink.

GO WOODS

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:15 am

I think that it'll be Presti lining up on Ottens - let's face it that Ottens will be too tall for most of our backman, but Presti will probably be closest in height and mobility. I think it's a negative move to put Rocca on Ottens, as that's one less attacking player in the forward line. I think Wakelin should be on Richardson - it's unlikely Wakelin will have two really bad games in a row, and they should match up well in terms of size and mobility. Richardson is pretty useless anyway - how many will he kick out on the full this time?!!!

I'm pretty worried about Gale actually - while he really is a bit of a hack, he always seems to play well against the Pies.

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:12 am

Presti for sure. Even if he doesn't get one possession, we just need someone who'll sit on Otto the whole game. Presti can do that.
If that doesn't work, perhaps Josh or Steve Mckee. Mckee has done well down back before, and he's been struggling around the ground the last 4 weeks, so he'd be worth a try.

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: