Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Defending Dane Swan - Part 3

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Has turned out be an absolute legend! I remember him showing a few signs in 2004 and what a steep curve he's drawn ever since.2005-2011 a championm of the game and our club. Watching our young blokes come through and the new midfield develop he goes unoticed and then out of the blue, his contrubution hits you when executes footy gems only he is capable of doing! I hope he can hang be part of our next flag in the non so distant future!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 am

This thread is hilarious but I understand the sentiments that were shared about Dane during his early playing days.

He really started emerging into a great player from 2006 onwards in my view but the signs were there during 2004-2005 however.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:11 am

This was created by a great beliver, thank you to those who re bumped this to the great man.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 am

I consider myself honoured to have seen this man's playing career. He is the new Rene Kink. People will speak about him for years to come, and not just those from our club, but AFL supporters as a whole. Stories of Swanny will become football folklore. He epitomises the traditional footballer to me. No standout physical attributes, but the heart and want of a champion. You see players like Pendles and Gaz, the way they go about it with their professionalism in regards to dieting, training and all other facets of preparation, and then there's our Swanny. Looks like he can't be stuffed, but gives every bit of himself until he's absolutely buggered, week in, week out. God I love him.

Last edited by Medieval on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Medieval wrote:
I consider myself honoured to have see this man's playing career. He is the new Rene Kink. People will speak about him for years to come, and not just those from our club, but AFL supporters as a whole. Stories of Swanny will become football folklore. He epitomises the traditional footballer to me. No standout physical attributes, but the heart and want of a champion. You see players like Pendles and Gaz, the way they go about it with their professionalism in regards to dieting, training and all other facets of preparation, and then there's our Swanny. Looks like he can't be stuffed, but gives every bit of himself until he's absolutely buggered, week in, week out. God I love him.

Well said.
Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Nothing gets a bigger roar from the crowd when Swannie waddles in to goal to put the mighty Maggies in front during the last quarter of a close game!
The roar when he did it again against the Hawks was spine tingling.

Lets hope we get many more opportunities to roar appreciation again over the rest of the Great Dane's super career.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Medieval wrote:
I consider myself honoured to have see this man's playing career. He is the new Rene Kink. People will speak about him for years to come, and not just those from our club, but AFL supporters as a whole. Stories of Swanny will become football folklore. He epitomises the traditional footballer to me. No standout physical attributes, but the heart and want of a champion. You see players like Pendles and Gaz, the way they go about it with their professionalism in regards to dieting, training and all other facets of preparation, and then there's our Swanny. Looks like he can't be stuffed, but gives every bit of himself until he's absolutely buggered, week in, week out. God I love him.

Excellent post. Strongly agree with you. How can anyone NOT love our dear old Swanny? Shocked Cool

Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Boot wrote:
Nothing gets a bigger roar from the crowd when Swannie waddles in to goal to put the mighty Maggies in front during the last quarter of a close game!
The roar when he did it again against the Hawks was spine tingling.

Lets hope we get many more opportunities to roar appreciation again over the rest of the Great Dane's super career.

I will never, ever forget watching Swanny run in to an open goal in the dying seconds at Subiaco against West Coast in "that" extra time Semi Final in '07. I can't watch that game again without getting a lump in my throat. The courage and fight on display from our boys that night was captured in that last 3 seconds as 36 dribbled one through and the siren went as he rounded the point post, fists in the air, knowing he was part of something special. He's part of us, and always will be. Love ya Swanny.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:34 am

It's been a full decade of man love for me. I ought to send him flowers for our tenth anniversary Very Happy

Loved what Bucks said about in the team meeting. Fantastic stuff and congratulations to our champ.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 am

Swannie Swannie, how I love ya how I love ha,

Well done champ, such deserved accolades xx

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Another fine chapter penned eh 3rd?

2015 - From Swan to Phoenix

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:59 pm

In the pantheon of not only Collingwood champions, but AFL champions the man in the number 36 jumper more than holds his own among the games' elite. Last night he passed several great names in career Brownlow votes.

Dane Swan. The thinking person's footballer.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:37 am

hear hear to the Great Dane from the rags of Willy Town to the great paparazzi carpets and pomwasettes of the Brownlow!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:13 pm

The complete Version of this great saga will be completed in the coming months stay tuned

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:24 pm

3rd degree wrote:
The complete Version of this great saga will be completed in the coming months stay tuned

Well done 3rd.

Side note, I just misread your location as "John Wrens Scrote" and recalled the Bonds ad on TV with the two blokes playing testicles.

I know, my brain is strange. I'll get a drink now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: