Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Graham Kennedy dies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:09 pm
Post subject: Graham Kennedy diesReply with quote

Graham Kennedy dies

25may05

TELEVISION legend Graham Kennedy has died at a nursing home in the NSW southern highlands. He was 71.

The veteran Australian entertainer suffered several long illnesses in recent years after he fell down a set of stairs in 2003, breaking his leg and skull.
Long-time friend Tony Sattler said Kennedy died about 4.30am (AEST).

Kennedy won 19 Logie awards, including five gold statuettes, since bursting on to Australian television screens in 1957.

After retiring from television about 15-years ago, he retreated from public life on his property near Bowral.

Mr Sattler said he met Kennedy in 1966 while "working on the shows".

"He was the undisputed king of Australian television", he said.

"He was loved by the world."

Kennedy's shows include The Graham Kennedy Show, Blankety Blanks, Coast to Coast and Graham Kennedy's Funniest Home Video Show.

His movie credits include Don's Party, The Club, Travelling North and The Odd Angry Shot.

Kennedy, who was born in Melbourne on February 15, 1934, began his television career in 1957 when the then 23-year-old radio personality was chosen to host the variety show In Melbourne Tonight.

He went on to host The Graham Kennedy Show for 13 years.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15400795%255E661,00.html

He died in Kenil Worth nursing home, Bowral, where he had lived for 18 months.

AAP

Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Aids is VERY misunderstood Tess.

There is however, no excuse for Hinch and his homophobia.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:10 pm

Oh, and just now on ch7 news, a Gay Activist is taking court action over Hinchs' comments.
FunkyPieMaster Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:25 pm
Post subject: The ClubReply with quote

In tribute to the late Graham Kennedy I sat down and watched my DVD of The Club.
If you really want to appreciate this man's talent sit down and watch his magnificent performance as Ted Parker. He really brings to life the David Williamson character and shows what a versatile entertainer and actor he was.
Tess, I agree with your assessment of the Hinch outburst and some of the reactions to it. It saddens me what some people will do for the sake of attention seeking. Hinch's claims were outrageous, but even if there was a shred of truth in them I don't see how this should detract from Kennedy's life anyway, he certainly contributed more to the than Hinch ever did.
I think that we as Pies supporters can be proud that Graham Kennedy was able to grace our great club and the movie industry with such a wonderful portrayal.

We didn't get our 40 acres and a mule
But you're my piece of the rock
And I love you CC
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:55 am

Few on here would probably be old enough to remember his golden era as host of IMT and TGKS.

He really was the king of television, there was Kennedy and daylight -absolutely everyone seemed to love his show and find it hillarious and there has never been anything like it since.

Being live television in those days it was absolute comedic chaos at times and Kennedy just had a gift for being brilliant in those situations.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:47 pm

Eunos wrote:
Oh, and just now on ch7 news, a Gay Activist is taking court action over Hinchs' comments.

I'd give you good odds it's that Singer idiot.... threatened to sue about three different celebrities in the space of a fortnight over 'homophobic' comments. Still, Hinch should be taken to court, more over dangerously inflated ego crimes than anything else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: