Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kylie Minogue diagnosed with breast cancer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:37 pm
Post subject: Kylie Minogue diagnosed with breast cancerReply with quote

Kylie Minogue has breast cancer
17may05

KYLIE Minogue had been diagnosed with breast cancer and had cancelled her Australian tour, the Frontier Touring company said today.

Her management said that while at home in Melbourne with her family this week befor her Australian Showgirl Tour, Minogue was diagnosed with early breast cancer.

She would undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Australian tour would not be able to proceed as planned.

"I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences, and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans," Minogue said today.

"Nevertheless hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon."

Her Showgirl Tour was scheduled to tour Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over the next month.

Her management said patrons should hang on to their tickets pending the announcement of new Showgirl dates.

Minogue's promoter Michael Gudinski said the news was a great shock.

"I'm hoping and praying because the doctor found it so early that everything will be OK," he told the Seven Network.

Mr Gudinski said Kylie's concert and touring plans were irrelevant now.

"Let's just give her time to go through what she's going through and we'll worry about all that in the future.

"Our thoughts, and I'm sure all the legions of Kylie's fans, will be with her all the way."

Mr Gudinski said Minogue was having a few days off before flying to Sydney today to start rehearsals when told she had breast cancer.

"It's never a good time for a thing like this to happen, but to be in Melbourne, her home town, and her family around her," he told the Nine Network.

"The one thing I know about Kylie is, she's a fighter, and we're all thinking very, very positively and can't wait for the day she is smiling and back in action.

"But she's got a few tough weeks ahead of her."

Mr Gudinski said Minogue's experience was a lesson to all women to keep checking themselves for breast cancer.

"Thank god she has been, you have to find these things early and hopefully we'll be doing many, many shows to come.

"But at the moment it's time for her to be at home with her family and I think you'll find she'll be in hospital in the next couple of days."

In 2002, one of Minogue's bras sold for $6,880 in London at an auction to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

She had donated a skimpy black mesh bra with pink straps from her own underwear range.

Minogue has also worked to raise awareness of prostate cancer, after her father was diagnosed with it.

She said her father had received a great deal of family and professional support after his diagnosis.

Music promoter and manager Glenn Wheatley said he felt "numb" after hearing the news.

"I guess we are all numb," Wheatley said.

"This is just such incredible news on the eve of her tour.

"What she was about to embark upon was basically everything that everybody aspires to. This was going to be an extraordinarily successful tour."

Wheatley worked closely with Minogue when she performed alongside his client John Farnham in East Timor in 1999, singing for Australian troops.

"Like everybody, you fall in love with her," Wheatley said.

"I don't know her intimately but professionally all I can say is that she was always a trooper and I just wish her all the best now."

Pop identity Molly Meldrum said he was shocked by the news.

"There's no words I can describe this," he told ABC Radio.

Meldrum recalled Olivia Newton-John's battle with breast cancer and Delta Goodrem's recovery from Hodgkins disease.

"Now Kylie – I can't comprehend it."

The Australian leg of Kylie's Showgirl tour, her biggest, was to kick off at the Sydney Superdome on May 19, before dates in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth on June 14.

The European leg of the show started in Glasgow on March 19.

A series of concerts in Asia has also been cancelled.

Asia promoter Colleen Ironside said she was waiting word from Minogue's management in London on whether or not the shows would be rescheduled.

"We are all just in a state of shock," Ironside said.

"This is just terrible news."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15317786%255E1702,00.html

Eunos 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful news. For anyone.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:19 pm

What were we talking about again?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:56 pm

Bad news, hope she gets through it okay.

But, the media BS is pathetic. Seriously, why do they need to report that her sister has left the UK to come see her sister? Not necessary.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:50 pm

Sounds harsh, but all we need to know is when she is cured, or when she dies.
As I say, harsh, but would keep the vultures away from her while she battles the disease.
We can help. Don't buy any magazine that leads with this story. Show the editors that we have had enough of this invasion of privacy.

P.S. A workmates wife was told she has a tumor today.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:01 am

Friend of mine who's just finished her treatment said to me

"i don't want to be reminded of it every single second of the day of what Kylie is going through. I know what she's going through, i've been through it and now i have to relive it again because they won't leave her alone"

I know when my friend was diagnosed and going through chemo etc, there were times she just wanted her family around her and i'd wait for the sms and know that she was ready for other people.

And every other woman who's gone through it (and man) is now reliving it as well.

I wish the media would withdraw and let her get on with her healing!

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:36 am

Very sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: