Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dermott-New Saints Coach?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 12:14 pm
Post subject: Dermott-New Saints Coach?Reply with quote

Ha, Ha......just read on the saints forum that they want Dermie for coach!
What a pack 'o wankers.
Out of the fry pan into the fire.

-Craig

FAITH

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 5:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

um idiot....after Dermies help with Barry Hall then seeing him come out firing like he did tonight why r u laughing at this suggestion?

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:14 am

Barry Hall played well on Saturday night, though it must be said that 3 of his goals came in the last 5 minutes when the game was dead. i know Dermie helped Hall, but when? In the last week? If so he can take credit.
My comments regarding Saints supporters wanting Derm to coach stem from the fact that Derm has NEVER coached at AFL, VFL, or any level of Australian Rules Football. Don't give me any grief about him coaching Oz in the hybrid game as that does not classify as Australian Rules, hell they even use a soccer ball!
I thought that the supporters of the club would have learnt that lesson from the appointment of Watson. I know we certainly learnt it after the Shaw years.
What the Saints need is stability. I suggest that they re-instate Stan Alves. Sack Burke and Loewe. Keep Harvey. Give Stan a 5 year contract on $750,000 a year. Have a clause inserted in the contract that if the club was to sack him it would pay out the contract in full, thrice over. That way no more whinging players getting the coach the bullet, no more stupid commitees interfering in the football department. If they sack him they bankrupt the club.
The players would then know that their future is linked to the coach.
I will keep laughing Spidey, as long as the club seems hell bent on self-destruction. The course they follow will continue to create pain for long suffering followers.
Ha, Ha, Ha!

-Craig

FAITH

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 5:37 am

St.Kilda will survive this. They are an immensely popular club for some unknown reason. The entire Mornington Peninsula thinks they can walk on water. So shed no tears for them. They'll be around to annoy us for at least another hundred years.

What a cock-up they made when they sacked Stan Alves. I had no sympathy for them at all when they went down the toilet under T.V.Timmie. Fancy letting a clique of high profile players hold a club to ransom.

Then they tried to buy their way out of the mess they'd created. I'm so glad Collingwood didn't go that way.

Be honest now ... how many of you were spewing when we didn't get Gehrig?

I was glad we didn't get him because I knew he was an over-priced crock.

Obviously Malcolm Blight has tried to stir things up a bit at the club and he's put a few noses out of joint. And look what happens.

Who was St.Kilda anyway. The patron saint of mediocrity, perhaps? Does anyone know?

I know St.Jude was the patron saint of hopeless causes. Maybe St.Kilda should change its name to St.Jude.

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: