Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round and round the Mulberry Bush

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:15 pm
Post subject: Round and round the Mulberry BushReply with quote

Don't you people get sick of this shit. I've had a gutful of all the dissection, bashing, insults, failures, worms, statistics, opinions and fluff. Round and round and round. I don't even like coming on here any more. It's like a dark cloud on the soul.

Yeah I wish we were better, yeah I want us to be better, yeah I can think of ways we can be better but f me I don't go to bigfooty because of this, now bigfooty has come here.

Give me back my fairy floss, my one premiership since 1958 and go back to where you came from and spread your sticky-date offal there. A ripple of dark-side is fine, but this is bordering on a tsunami. It's just constant, repetitive and sapping. The only bloke that hasn't been bagged in the whole club is Sally Capp. Oh.

I don't care if we finish last, or ninth, or have 6 wins after round ten.

I just want to hear what we are doing right for a change.

So flame if you like, the usual 'you just settle for mediocrity' blah blah blah, I don't give a fag, I want to paper over the cracks, I want to be comfortable - because in the end nothing we do or say here means anything. All we are doing is making our small little (or big) lives more miserable by going on and on about our sore legs and aching backs.

Defend yourselves. But deep down, you know the truth. We all want a little sunshine. Accept some mediocrity for a while, it might do you (and the rest of us) some good.

jimbeam 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh i agree cam, i have not been around here long, but its all the same blame game and character assassination.. If there is one thing everyone on this board knows, its that collingwood shoul stick together and back each other no matter what.. because everyone loves having a crack at us... and to be honest it looks like some of our own supportes cannot even be constructive towards the club and like to focus on the negatives and past.. its fkng sad. GO PIES.........
Zeke Scorpio

Growl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:06 pm

Cut with the veins, not across.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:19 pm

Nobody likes waiting for success, they all want the instant quick fixes. A product of our society I'm afraid. I think the vast majority of comments on the Nicks forums desperately want whats good for the club, however some, and all clubs have them, have negative types, who say they love the club but at the earliest chance denegrate the club and certain individuals without rationale, and without much forethought. To be controversial, or maybe just nuisance value. Ive only been on this site for a couple of months and I love it.An added dimension to a Melbornian Collingwood member and diehard trapped deep in ARL territory. Sure some people carry on with crap, but viva la difference. Anyhoo, chin up Cam (enjoy your writings, by the way).Keep the Collingwood faith alive. Go Pies.
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:31 pm

By reading the subject heading I assumed it was MM's game plan Rolling Eyes
Clokey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:42 pm

Sexy.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:48 pm
Post subject: What?Reply with quote

You say Quote: Accept some mediocrity for a while, it might do you (and the rest of us) some good.[/quote]

I am glad you don't run my business. The problem with CFC is we do accept mediocrity and look where that has got us.

I have never heard so much crap in all my life. Name one successful business or military battle where the leaders have adopted the sort of nonsense you are advocating?

I thought for a moment you were speaking on behalf of our current football department.

Go away!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 pm

Errr Greg, I didn't see Cam say that. I'm sure it's the contant and repetitive dribble that is annoying.

Do be honest, I would rather play the kids, and see what they have got. I don't care where we finish either, I just want to feature in the finals for more than two years in a row, and if that means us playing all the kids, then I don't care. Short term pain, for long term gain. Anyway, that's for another thread. BUT, I won;t be giving up on this year just yet.
Your Joking Me!! 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:00 pm

The Collingwood Turtle wrote:
By reading the subject heading I assumed it was MM's game plan Rolling Eyes

I think that's to the heart of what Cam's saying...

Harvey 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:12 pm
Post subject: Re: What?Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
You say Quote: Accept some mediocrity for a while, it might do you (and the rest of us) some good.

I am glad you don't run my business. The problem with CFC is we do accept mediocrity and look where that has got us.

I have never heard so much crap in all my life. Name one successful business or military battle where the leaders have adopted the sort of nonsense you are advocating?

I thought for a moment you were speaking on behalf of our current football department.

Go away!!![/quote]

But Hiss WE DON'T run the business. WE'RE NOT the leaders of CFC and it doesn't matter whether we bag the hell out of our players or coaches, they're not going to change cause of us. supporters bagging the club to other supporters will only make all supporters feel like shite.

i come on here hoping to feel good about my club not be told that we're crapper than richmond. i get that enough from other supporters.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:13 am

When it's all said and done - what is posted on this site and others is an opinion and opinions are like a^&#*holes everyone has one!

Some people are of the glass half full philosphy and some of the glass half empy in their opinions of us as a club, a team or in life in general

Tis what makes the world go round - sometimes the posts make me consider things and points of view I have not considered and they are not all negative - there are some great posts here and on other Magpie sites

We will never all agree and be in harmony - and if we were would this or other sites be as interesting??
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:26 pm

Cam, I'm hearing you mate.

I used to come on here 3-4 times a day during footy season, now maybe a couple of times a week. Why?
Almost EVERY player gets bagged mercilessly when we have a loss, and the they are champions when we win!

I'm not about accepting mediocrity, but what some people seem to forget is that there are 15 other teams out there who want what we want - success!!

16 into 1 (or even Cool does not fit - simple maths.

Yes we are having a bad run - live with it!!

Work out POSITIVE ways that we can get out of it!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:43 pm

bucks4ever wrote:
When it's all said and done - what is posted on this site and others is an opinion and opinions are like a^&#*holes everyone has one!

Some people are of the glass half full philosphy and some of the glass half empy in their opinions of us as a club, a team or in life in general

Tis what makes the world go round - sometimes the posts make me consider things and points of view I have not considered and they are not all negative - there are some great posts here and on other Magpie sites

We will never all agree and be in harmony - and if we were would this or other sites be as interesting??

Perfectly summed up.

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:28 pm

Cam, dont let it get you down mate.

ut there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:22 pm

Great post Cam. Steve, you are right, as a site, we are bagged for being 'overpositive'. But in times like these, it pays to keep your chin up and believe. What's Christmas (as a little kid) if you don't believe? What's a season of footy if you don't believe? Smile

Who is going to win this week? WE ARE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: